Hi there Guest,  
Sign in here: Login through Steam

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Slight Enigma Buff

Despite being one of the rarest guns in the game, the Enigma base stat wise is just an "Okay" sniper rifle.

But the "silenced" aspect of it doesn't actually dampen the sound of it shooting (Its sound drop off is the same as a normal sniper, it's just slightly "quieter")

Besides that there isn't anything unique enough to warrant its "exotic" tier.

I think to give it a slight buff, and make it unique from other snipers it should have a 1 in 3 chance to fire a tranquilizer instead of a bullet. (The effect of which is more like getting hit by 2 tranqs speed wise.)

I think that it'd be enough to make people actually want to use it, without it being "OP", as well as fit the gun thematically.
Tneconni

uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh not about the tranq idea personally
always came off as a gimmick skill-based sniper to me which is why its so different

- That Thrakos Noob
Find

(08-24-2018, 02:13 PM)Unpoke Wrote:  uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh not about the tranq idea personally
always came off as a gimmick skill-based sniper to me which is why its so different

There's no real gimick to it though, a unique noise, and a scope that gives you fov at the cost of zoom isn't really enough to make using it worth it when the stats just aren't there. There's no more skill involved then a regular sniper either.
Tneconni
Find

keep in mind it use to be a primordial, along with molten.

the only reason theyre exotic is because brassx didnt really want to add in a new rarity for challenge scroll unique items, otherwise they would have been that.

i think its fine, its a fun unique sniper thats there for fun and a throwback.
Find

One thing that needs to be addressed is the scope zoom. On default FOV's the scope actually zooms out. If you max your FOV though, it zooms in and feels much better to use.

Example:
100FOV

75:
Find

oof i guess i never fixed that
Find

The scope is just really bad and impossible to use
Find

i agree the scope needs a bit of work and i think it could use a unique little suffix to it. nothing crazy something small kinda like the epilogue. maybe the farther away you are from the target the more dmg it does? or a 1 in something chance to shoot out a noise cancellation aoe?

I actually like the idea of a gun that relies on its own scope and shooting mechanic, rather than a suffix like we have on everything. Make it a hyper-accurate sniper (I'm talking none of that "You shot directly on them but the bullet didn't hit" bullshit, you click on them, and that thing hitscans them to death, plus a good scope is nice.

If anything, give it a small laser sight dot for hip-firing, and keep a really nice scope. So it'll be good close and long range. Kinda bugs me how suffixes and stuff are the deciding factor on everything.
Find

(08-24-2018, 04:31 PM)Terran Wrote:  I actually like the idea of a gun that relies on its own scope and shooting mechanic, rather than a suffix like we have on everything. Make it a hyper-accurate sniper (I'm talking none of that "You shot directly on them but the bullet didn't hit" bullshit, you click on them, and that thing hitscans them to death, plus a good scope is nice.

If anything, give it a small laser sight dot for hip-firing, and keep a really nice scope. So it'll be good close and long range. Kinda bugs me how suffixes and stuff are the deciding factor on everything.

ehhh i wouldnt mind something similar to the epilogue which is basically a situational dmg amplifer. i like my first idea. the farther you are away from your target the more dmg you'll do to them. so it would go with a sniper-esk playstyle. i also think the scope could be tweaked and maybe a statistical buff/supression buff.
Find