Hi there Guest,  
Sign in here: Login through Steam

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

[CHANGE/BUFF] Enigma[Implemented]

Okay
Okay
Here's the deal about it.

I've complained about it a few times, but its literally for the small stuff that just makes using it a detriment, turning it into something that feels just godawful to use.

I like the weapon, and I'm fine with its suffix chance being nerfed.
However, the issues at hand aren't stat-wise.

Problem A) The dusty scope
Unless I pull a Nivendo and turn my brightness to be as bright as Bezerker's faith, I'm unable to use the scope on poorly-lit maps due to the dust actually making it impossible to realistically see anyone without their nametag showing up. I know Tobiasx added it to make it feel more aesthically pleasing due to the way the rest of the gun looks, but it actually hurts the ability to use the weapon.

Problem B) Poor animation timing
I'm not sure if this can get fixed, but due to the fact the grimoire book's animation speed is changeable I'm assuming this is, too.
The animations for the Enigma are timed in very negative ways. Firstly, its firerate is faster than the reload animation leads to believe, so your gun doesnt really align with your screen, nor when you're ready to fire, making it feel just quirky to take advantage of its somewhat fast firerate.
And secondly, after you reload the gun decided to like sway around, so if you reload then try to scope in again to kill someone you're in a firefight with, you have to deal with your scope like scooping around your screen a bit, which makes the already odd scope just terrible to aim with for that first shot.

And if you want my personal opinion on how to buff the weapon to make it feel right for its rarity (although it was originally a prim), do something like make it reload faster. Its unique reload to where its reload time depends on how many bullets youre putting back in is really cool (and something most people probably dont know about), but due to the fact the gun only has 5 bullets, i feel like this unique reload idea could be played on more by just making its reload speed a little bit faster.

Make rifles good again 2019, next up we should allow the deathbringer to 1-shot headshot people with vitality crystals and body armor :^)
When a dragon round begins.

Find

2bf, any rifle or deagle without -dam should always one-hit-headshot, regardless of modifiers. But the Enigma does just sound...underwhelming. All presentation, yet no depth. Basically what Fancy said.
Find

I'll mess around with it.

Current changes:

• Fixed scope zoom on all FoVs.
  • Increased the resolution of the scope's render target. Making things much more crisp and clear.
  • Made dust more transparent.
  • Aligned scope crosshair with your main crosshair when zoomed in so it doesn't feel as weird.
  • Sync'd firerate with animation.
  • Fixed sway after reload.
  • Changed reload animations to a faster variant.
  • Added a red-dot to the center of the scope crosshair.

Implemented.