Hi there Guest,  
Sign in here: Login through Steam

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

[Nerf] Oracle Shield and Firerate[Implemented]

I like it how it is, is a fun gun. Customizable shield colour when?
Find

Non-flashback version should have color shields
Find

People complaining about scroll wheel when ive seen people, myself included, click normally and still get the same results. The only difference is I dont get crippling arthritis from one of the binds.
Theres also a ton of other guns that kill as fast as long you hit your shots.
Find

Nerf complaint not posted by Terran WHAT!?!?!

The gun is fine as is, I could agree with adding a tint to the shield as it can be hard to see. As far as the fire is concerned, the gun is good if you use scroll wheel or not, sure it's strong, bit the ammo capacity is where it falls (it only has 22), decrease the ammo capacity further, that should fix the "problem".

playing against a mousewheel felt pretty unfair

(09-12-2018, 03:21 PM)VictorinoD Wrote:  People complaining about scroll wheel when ive seen people, myself included, click normally and still get the same results. The only difference is I dont get crippling arthritis from one of the binds.

"finger fatigue" literally part of the gun, the more you shoot the more exhaustive it gets to keep going at the same pace and you slow down, that was a balancing factor and why it's semi-automatic
otherwise why the hell not just make it automatic

really the only saving factor of why it may have felt more powerful is that it has double shoot which may play a role, but i still think mousewheel is pretty scummy

- That Thrakos Noob
Find

I honestly think that a firerate cap is very much needed. TTT isn't that fun to play when you encounter the cuck and they fire 8 bullets in the span two seconds, and most of the time they pretty much empty half their clip before I can even turn around fully. You also can't forget the shield trolling that doesn't even take karma anymore. Its not fun killing the guy when you watch them push afks into their shield only to find both the guy that pushed him into the shield and the afk were innocent, and you're the only one that lose karma that round.
Find

(09-12-2018, 04:38 PM)Unpoke Wrote:  playing against a mousewheel felt pretty unfair

(09-12-2018, 03:21 PM)VictorinoD Wrote:  People complaining about scroll wheel when ive seen people, myself included, click normally and still get the same results. The only difference is I dont get crippling arthritis from one of the binds.

"finger fatigue" literally part of the gun, the more you shoot the more exhaustive it gets to keep going at the same pace and you slow down, that was a balancing factor and why it's semi-automatic
otherwise why the hell not just make it automatic

really the only saving factor of why it may have felt more powerful is that it has double shoot which may play a role, but i still think mousewheel is pretty scummy

finger fatigue ≠ joint damage
Find

-1 kro uses garyshood
Find

(09-12-2018, 01:06 PM)Unpoke Wrote:  
(09-12-2018, 10:35 AM)Brassx Wrote:  I don't really see an issue with people just rushing through the shield as soon as it is deployed anymore, like it still gives you a few seconds to prepare. I feel like it would be better to keep its niche at longer range fights(it is a DMR type weapon after all), where the shield is actually much more useful. Having it deal damage upon walking through definitely gives trolls a platform, especially if it doesn't take karma, like imagine someone placing it in a doorway and what not. A non-damage type solution would be best if it absolutely must deter people from running through it. You could even have a light 'force' push players out of the shield when coming in to contact with it, that will help stop them from rushing through it too.

the accuracy for it isn't good enough to confidently take a long-range fight, especially with it lacking the ability to ADS

although i like the damage aspect of the shield, now that there's flashbacks ( [Image: jaBGrwi.png] ), all these people can have it and it probably cant be trusted that they can just play the fuckin' game how it's meant to be played and just haaaaave to troll with it 24/7 & bind shit to make it not even fun anymore
if the damage HAD to be taken off, i do like the force push effect, but i think in addition to that maybe it could have some nasty nasty nausea screen effect to make it difficult to aim (being that it is radiation), otherwise the shield's deployment would be just as beneficial to the enemy as the oracle shield user
i mean, if you're pushing a shield, you're probably using an automatic weapon or a shotgun, so something like that makes sense

ADS is not needed to fight longer-range, while it helps by around 15%, it's certainly not needed to hit shots with this weapon. Don't forget its based on the M1 Garand, and you can increase its accuracy to +25%, but at an absolute minimum it will be +10%, With the base accuracy being 0.008 (closer to 0 = more accurate), that makes 0.0072 at the VERY LEAST.

A sniper rifle's base accuracy is "SWEP.Primary.Cone = 0.005", and with +25% accuracy, the oracle's Cone would be 0.006. Certainly accurate enough to hit some consistent shots at range, much more accurate than say a Deagle, Pistol, AUG, Galil, etc.

To put that in perspective of other weapons:
  • Deagle accuracy:  SWEP.Primary.Cone = 0.02
  • M16: SWEP.Primary.Cone          = 0.018
  • Galil SWEP.Primary.Cone = 0.0175

So yeah, It would do just fine at longer-ranges. I didn't mean across the map, I simply meant distances where it would be more useful, so you don't get bum-rushed as soon as your deploy it. At range you can use it to save yourself, and time peeks/shots to take out foes. Just like bubble shield on halo.

Just to show you what I meant:

Even with a charple model, I was able to hit most of my shots (Yes he standing still). I'm not very skilled at TTT anymore, so someone with more practice/less rusty would be able to destroy with it at most ranges, considering you only need to hit 4-5 shots tops. It shows it's plenty accurate, and your statement that it's not is just silly.
Find