Sign in here: Login through Steam

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

[Nerf] Oracle Shield and Firerate[Implemented]

Heres some fun oracle facts for your consideration:

You can shoot 17 bullets a second
With that plus 28 body shot damage that equals 476 in a second
With that plus 60 headshot damage that equals 1020 in a second
Find

(09-12-2018, 07:26 PM)Wretch Knight Wrote:  Heres some fun oracle facts for your consideration:

You can shoot 17 bullets a second
With that plus 28 body shot damage that equals 476 in a second
With that plus 60 headshot damage that equals 1020 in a second
That's about what it felt like. I would instantly die the second I tried to get close, and you HAVE to get close, because of the shield; - Or wait them out.
Find

I honestly think it's pretty decent as is. It's a super fun weapon to use in ttt, and its hard to find those. I know this is gonna sound like "omg dont nerf my gun pls" but honestly its pretty good as is. The scroll wheel helps you shoot quite a bit but i dont think its any worse than a good galil or mac10. If anything, make it work however it does on lobby. The scroll wheel doesn't do nearly as much as it does on ttt. That's probably due to tick rate or whatnot. But personally I don't see it necessary.
Find

(09-12-2018, 09:24 PM)Alex Summers Wrote:  I honestly think it's pretty decent as is. It's a super fun weapon to use in ttt, and its hard to find those. I know this is gonna sound like "omg dont nerf my gun pls" but honestly its pretty good as is. The scroll wheel helps you shoot quite a bit but i dont think its any worse than a good galil or mac10. If anything, make it work however it does on lobby. The scroll wheel doesn't do nearly as much as it does on ttt. That's probably due to tick rate or whatnot. But personally I don't see it necessary.

It can kill in 4 body shots(2 headshots, from any range), which in itself isn't a HUGE deal but... The oracle as it is now has a faster base firerate than a base galil does, while dealing 28 damage per body shot. It's firerate is most certainly busted, no weapon that deals 28 damage per shot should shoot faster than a galil(not to mention its headshot damage). Yes it's not fully automatic, but you can't trust the client to click at reasonable 'human' speeds to balance something for you. You must assume the client/player will try anything to get an advantage and simply not give them a platform to.

SWEP.Primary.Delay = 0.075 <-- Oracle 'delay' between shots.

SWEP.Primary.Delay = 0.098; <--- Galil

Without a doubt it's more busted than the Azuredge in terms of DPS, and factoring in its base firerate. There's a reason the oracle has the highest PWR rating. I never payed much attention to it, but I've been testing it, and it most certainly needs a firerate nerf, or a body/headshot damage nerf.

(09-12-2018, 09:36 PM)Brassx Wrote:  
(09-12-2018, 09:24 PM)Alex Summers Wrote:  I honestly think it's pretty decent as is. It's a super fun weapon to use in ttt, and its hard to find those. I know this is gonna sound like "omg dont nerf my gun pls" but honestly its pretty good as is. The scroll wheel helps you shoot quite a bit but i dont think its any worse than a good galil or mac10. If anything, make it work however it does on lobby. The scroll wheel doesn't do nearly as much as it does on ttt. That's probably due to tick rate or whatnot. But personally I don't see it necessary.

It can kill in 4 body shots(2 headshots, from any range), which in itself isn't a HUGE deal but... The oracle as it is now has a faster base firerate than a base galil does, while dealing 28 damage per body shot. It's firerate is most certainly busted, no weapon that deals 28 damage per shot should shoot faster than a galil(not to mention its headshot damage). Yes it's not fully automatic, but you can't trust the client to click at reasonable 'human' speeds to balance something for you. You must assume the client/player will try anything to get an advantage and simply not give them a platform to.

SWEP.Primary.Delay = 0.075 <-- Oracle 'delay' between shots.

SWEP.Primary.Delay = 0.098; <--- Galil

Without a doubt it's more busted than the Azuredge in terms of DPS, and factoring in its base firerate. There's a reason the oracle has the highest PWR rating. I never payed much attention to it, but I've been testing it, and it most certainly needs a firerate nerf, or a body/headshot damage nerf.

I'd much rather a small damage nerf, maybe small damage drop off or something, than firerate nerf. It's firerate possibility is one of the best things about the gun and part of what makes it really fun.

i mean i personally wouldnt be able to click as fast as a galil shoots anyway, just sucks that it has to be changed cus people cheat

- That Thrakos Noob

Many box thinkers with dem oracle

The gun does shoot unbelievably, impossible fast. Nobody can click that fast. I used to click 9-10 times a second when tryharding the Daitai-shin, but it almost broke my finger after a point. It was literally a "last resort" backup I could pull out that would leave me in pain.
Find

Instead of nerfing the fire rate as a whole, would there not be any way to cap the fire rate so you can't use scroll wheel to shoot super super fast, but can still be able to shoot decently fast with normal click?
Find

(09-12-2018, 06:38 AM)Beebee1303 Wrote:  3. Putting a cap on the fire rate. When it fires faster than a mini-uzi, I start to question life. Jokes aside, it is kinda ridicules that it can go through its entire clip in one second. I just want something that doesn't allow going through a clip in a second.
Find