Hi there Guest,  
Sign in here: Login through Steam

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

[Nerf] Oracle Shield and Firerate[Implemented]

(09-12-2018, 10:51 PM)Alex Summers Wrote:  Instead of nerfing the fire rate as a whole, would there not be any way to cap the fire rate so you can't use scroll wheel to shoot super super fast, but can still be able to shoot decently fast with normal click?

That's akin to nerfing firerate...
Find

(09-12-2018, 11:10 PM)Brassx Wrote:  
(09-12-2018, 10:51 PM)Alex Summers Wrote:  Instead of nerfing the fire rate as a whole, would there not be any way to cap the fire rate so you can't use scroll wheel to shoot super super fast, but can still be able to shoot decently fast with normal click?

Well just saying "nerfing the firerate" makes it sound like you're making the gun itself fire slower in general. Not a cap.
Find

(09-12-2018, 11:14 PM)Alex Summers Wrote:  
(09-12-2018, 11:10 PM)Brassx Wrote:  

Well just saying "nerfing the firerate" makes it sound like you're making the gun itself fire slower in general. Not a cap.

There's not a difference, only semantics. A 'cap' is the same thing as nerfing the firerate. When you set the firerate, you determine the amount of delay between shots, thus putting a cap on how fast you can shoot it.. It already has a cap, it's just a super small delay between shots.
Find

I agree with the first 2 BUT i think we should have the Oracle have drop off, just like the frostburns. because since the frostburns got nerfed and they have drop off, might as well give oracle the same thing, since they both have fast firerate and most people rekeybind there attack to scroll wheel.

And before you say anything, no M1 Grands aren't meant to snipe they are assault rifles just like any other mid-range weapon. (i think)
Find

I actually agree with 4k man that this is an ideal situation to add a damage dropoff similar to frostburns to the oracle

Following the logic of the frostburn damage dropoff this is the only option that makes sense. Any impact on firerate would decrease the value of the oracle

Yes I'm still mad
Find

(09-13-2018, 04:32 AM)Kuro Wrote:  I actually agree with 4k man that this is an ideal situation to add a damage dropoff similar to frostburns to the oracle

Following the logic of the frostburn damage dropoff this is the only option that makes sense. Any impact on firerate would decrease the value of the oracle

Yes I'm still mad

That would not fix the underlying issue. Which is that people can use unorthodox methods to turn it into an -ABSOLUTE HIGHEST DPS WEAPON IN THE GAME- at any range.. The firerate of the Frostburns was nerfed long before the long-range headshot damage was nerfed. This is one of the most accurate weapons out there and based on the M1 Garand rifle, which is more or less a DMR. Regardless of what you say, semi-auto rifles are typically medium to long range weapons.

The reason this is also an issue now is that Tobias designed the weapon on 33 tick TTT. Which halves the firerate. Once we went back to 66tick it became an absolute monster.
Find

I dont think there is one fix all slap we could apply to this without nerfing a gun that was only being abused by a select few.

Sure we could reduce the actual bullets capable per second, but that reduces the ability for legit clicking players also.

Meanwhile people did this is serenity and dai-tain shin on ntg. This isn't some new issue with its design.
"Closest thing I have had to alcohol is chocolate milk... Don't quote me on that!"
"Please somebody use this as a signature to remember this day."-Catbug

(09-13-2018, 09:28 PM)Kheyre Wrote:  Sure we could reduce the actual bullets capable per second, but that reduces the ability for legit clicking players also.

Literally how?
Find

My mouse has multiple mouse1 inputs. one is double click for example.
"Closest thing I have had to alcohol is chocolate milk... Don't quote me on that!"
"Please somebody use this as a signature to remember this day."-Catbug
Find

Uhhh, so I just read this thread and I’d just like to give a few suggestions.

A. Why does the shield do damage in the first place? The fact that it’s meant to be used at mid-long range makes the dot in the shield not make sense. If you’re in a long ranged fight the shield provides you portable cover which is LITERALLY your only downside to sniping. Also giving the shield damage over time makes it literally impossible to fight against as you can’t run in the shield or else you die of dot AND you can’t stay out of the shield cause you just get shot. tl:dr the shield is too good

B. Just give the thing a fire rate cap. Even NTG’s daitaishin had a fire rate cap. NTG guns had a fire rate cap... cmon now. Either that or (if you want to keep the fire rate that bad) just nerf all clips to like half of what it is

C. Just tint it lol
Find