Hi there Guest,  
Sign in here: Login through Steam

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

[Change] Good Samaritan Kills

fr just be careful

if you're an innocent and don't want to take the risk.. then don't. nobody is making you fire.
if you're a traitor, survey the scene for a sec before opening fire.

with kuro's case, you kind of have to let yourself die. if you don't know what you might end up shooting, then don't fire. there's no reason for the quest to prevent a seemingly unfair circumstance like that from occurring - in fact, knowing not to engage in that situation rewards the player for being extremely careful, which is probably the point of the quest.

some might think that's a bit too much to expect of the player, in which case i can understand adjusting the quest to give the player a bit more leeway. i don't agree with making it only on unrighteous kills, though, because that makes the quest way too easy

(10-02-2018, 10:29 PM)Enchantable Wrote:  fr just be careful

if you're an innocent and don't want to take the risk.. then don't. nobody is making you fire.

with kuro's case, you kind of have to let yourself die. if you don't know what you might end up shooting, then don't fire. there's no reason for the quest to prevent a seemingly unfair circumstance like that from occurring - in fact, knowing not to engage in that situation rewards the player for being extremely careful, which is probably the point of the quest.

some might think that's a bit too much to expect of the player, in which case i can understand adjusting the quest to give the player a bit more leeway. i don't agree with making it only on unrighteous kills, though, because that makes the quest way too easy

maybe not just kills but maybe doing x damage in x amount of time thats unrightful. being able to have something stupid happen and hit somebody for 10 damage and having the whole thing reset is insane.
Find

(10-02-2018, 10:29 PM)Enchantable Wrote:  if you're an innocent and don't want to take the risk.. then don't. nobody is making you fire.

if you don't know what you might end up shooting, then don't fire. there's no reason for the quest to prevent a seemingly unfair circumstance like that from occurring - in fact, knowing not to engage in that situation rewards the player for being extremely careful, which is probably the point of the quest.

My problem with a few of these statements are what kind of play style we're going for here, should it be more casual or more tryhard? I can get wanting a challenge but this is pretty extreme.
The way it is currently puts the stakes way too high to be taken as "fun" as you're losing all of your progress for something so minor as shooting the wrong person once in a shooting game.

To get it done efficiently the "best" way is to kill only during T rounds, restrict the type of gun you use to the most accurate single fire you can, make sure you're not within half-map distance of a traitor buddy or pray they don't magically appear next to/walk in front of you as you shoot. If someone trolls you that's on you.

If the intention was to make the quest/challenge as stressful/tedious as possible then you've got a golden formula there, my issue is that while we've been talking for a long time about ways to make it more casual and appealing to people that's it's perhaps not the best experience on a server with a million different fun weapons that can damage someone practically on the other side of the map through a wall in a fraction of a second to have content that restarts hour(s) of progress for so much as sneezing near somebody with a gun out

If that's reasonable enough then I'd like to see it be more forgiving than the archaic way it is at the moment
Something like
  • Losing one kill per each hit of wrongful damage
    my own personal suggestion as I believe it's fair for accidents or slip-ups that can happen
  • Resetting upon wrongful kill (alex's suggestion)
    I support this as it's way more killing someone is way more intentional than shooting someone
  • Good Samaritan only applying for traitor rounds (nivendo suggestion)
    which is quite an interesting idea as that allows you to actually play your inno rounds as you'd like and it only allows progress on T rounds

Any combination of these three is also good but I'd love to hear more