Hi there Guest,  
Sign in here: Login through Steam

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Changes to Christmas Minigame

So I've been hearing some complaints about the Christmas Minigame, and since no one seems interested in actually making a post, I'll be writing them down here:

The cooldown on passing to someone next to you is too quick, and people just pass back and forth.

Of course, I feel this is only a problem because the throw is very bad, typically killing me almost immediately after trying to throw the ball after missing the first time.

Also, if the timer on the bomb goes down on whiffing a shot, I'd lower the time. (I only think this exists because I always die on the second throw, yes I am bad at aiming)

So increase cooldown timer on christmas orb passing, make throwing orb better, don't reduce survival survival time on whiffed throw (not sure if it exists)

Anyway, I'm not sure if this is all that people are complaining about, but definitely there are complaints
Find

Well its hot potato, of course the cooldown for tossing it to others should be low. It's a frantic passing it around and hoping you're not at the tail end of the timer. You don't receive a bomb and just look at it for 5 seconds before you can pass it back.

What should be fixed is the crouch jumping. Hi, my name is Beebee and I'm a chronic crouch jumper. I do have to say I've gotten away with too much bullshit by crouch jumping, where I would be able stand right infront of the person and they couldn't hit me while I was crouch jumping. There should be crouch lock AoE around the bomb holder that effects others (So the bomb holder can reach others if jump crouching is needed). That way maps that need crouch jumping to navigate (Ex: Peach's Castle) are able to do so, but allow the bomb user to pass the bomb without janky hit boxes from crouch jumping.
Find

If I can rant for one minute

I'm in an endless cycle with this minigame where I
1. Get the bomb
2. sneak up and hand it to someone
3. have it handed it back instantly
then they
WALK
BACKWARDS
AWAY FROM ME
CROUCH
JUMPING

I am supposed to outspeed them yet they stay a constant distance from me and I am unable to pass it back
It's honestly not "hot potato", at this point it's "get bomb and die" potato.

Don't even get me started on the throwing.

It's not fun or exciting it's honestly just frustrating and if it didn't spit out 10+ presents for dying people would complain more about this than every other minigame

I might hate this one worse than 1 clip chaos.
Find

The best change will be when it gets removed from the round pool.

at least it doesn't last 10m like one clip
Find

DAMN U GUYS ARE RUTHLESS ITS NOT THAT BAD.

Honestly, I don't know why everyone is complaining about it, sure it's frustrating to just get blasted after someone passes you ball. But I'd rather that happen and drop 10 presents than get kill stealed nonstop during gun game or get teamed on in bouncy ball/longsword. Rewards are generous even if you get shit on when it starts and lasts like 4-5 minutes. It's fast paced and not boring.

(12-24-2018, 09:02 PM)Jake1o Wrote:  I might hate this one worse than 1 clip chaos.

nothing is worse then OCC
also just hide and let the RNG take over!
Find

Jake this one fits your motto most of “free loot fun minigame”.

People always complain about minigames not solely based on RNG because they have something to complain about. I really like the skill-based minigames myself, but i think people are unsettled about this one because of its heavy mix between RNG, skill, and crouch-jumping.
When a dragon round begins.

Find