Hi there Guest,  
Sign in here: Login through Steam

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Server Balancing

It has come to my attention that although there are two TTT servers one is usually occupied and one is usually empty.

When one server gets full the other does not fill up because you need at least 6 people for challenges and XP.

What ends up happening is that one server looks empty in the browser and people do not join and it remains empty all while people wait to play on the full server.

My suggestion is that there should be a balancing system that takes players from the full server and puts them on the second server so that people are willing to join when they see the player count in the server browser.

I think there should be a voluntary but incentivized system for people to join the empty server. Perhaps an on screen prompt asking if you would switch to the other server for perhaps coins, an increased drop rate for the map, bonus XP, or something to compensate for the few rounds that people wont be able to do their challenges until more join.

Another way to go about it would be an automated system that switches players to the empty server when the other is at max capacity. However, automated systems can be incredibly frustrating and unfair as anyone who plays Team Fortress 2 can attest to and thats why I think a voluntary system is better.

These changes have the potential to foster the growth of the community as having two active servers at a time increases the chances of someone joining off the server browser and becoming part of the community. It will also alleviate those moments of frustration when you are waiting in lobby for a spot on TTT to open up.

Thank you for taking the time to read my suggestion.

+1 this should've already been implemeted on the server
Find

i dont know of a way that you could implement this (with incentives, not involuntary swapping) that would not be abused.
Find

(12-26-2018, 12:19 AM)THANKFULDONGERWEED29266698726999 Wrote:  i dont know of a way that you could implement this (with incentives, not involuntary swapping) that would not be abused.

Add a cooldown maybe? Once every 6 hours? I unno, it would probably turn into just going to the other server, getting the reward, then coming back.
Find

When both servers are reasonably balanced, both servers get extra xp, slightly better drops, etc. Throwing my two cents.
Find

Just Stop Server hopping with a cooldown
Minehuis: Pancakes
Rangerdanger0: Waffles
Rangerdanger0: lol rekt