Hi there Guest,  
Sign in here: Login through Steam

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Cading

Hey there, I am relatively new to your group, however I am not that new to the ZS community, I may not be a god of cading but i'm not that bad. So what brings me here? Apparently my old server went under, only one dev who seems to have gotten overwhelmed. Anyway here's my list of possible ideas I'd like to see implemented or discussed:
1. Customization of weapons
  a) The ability to buy different ammo types. Ex: Incendiary, Explosive, AP, etc
  Now I saw that there was a lot of different kinds of weaponry, but I haven't had the pleasure to play a lot on your ZS so if what I say is already "implemented" ignore it
   b) ability to add scopes, grips, different mags, etc to weapons, depending on what it is. By this I mean you can't really put a scope on a pistol but you can put different kinds on a rifle, along that kind of thought
2. Cading ( my main reason for writing this)
A. The ability to break doors and use them as props to cade with, and the ability to actually cade the door itself, by this i mean drag it in a certain direction to create a funnel to shoot out of.
B. Different nail types, such as heavy nails (Increased prop health/durability), barbed(damages zombies when they attack)comes with the drawback of less prop health, etc
C. Ability to customize the hammer itself, kinda incorporates 2B. EX: different tiers of "heads"(like interchangeable tops to the hammer) which allow you to repair more the higher tier you have, t1 might do 50rep a hit while t2 might do 75, and so on
3. Purchasing
a. have an incentive for waiting to purchase until its the period between rounds, give a 10% off if you do(or whatever %), makes it a little more challenging
Other then that, I need to play more and I will be able to come up with what I hope is more suggestions, hope to have some feedback Smile

Additional things I thought of:
-while I type this I'm not sure how points are rewarded to players, I'm sure its based off kills and amt of damage, however i am curious to see how a cader is awarded, since they are really for the most part only going to be repairing/building, so if it's not implemented already we should make it worthwhile to be a cader
-also as I said in the post as a comment, increased damage to props, from 15 to say 25? since it takes forever to break down a single door on maps where doors are essential to a good cade.
-can we move the display of prop health when its nailed to the actual nail? My reasoning is that I can't see the props health if im crouched down behind a cade( ex: we had player zombs with ranged acid attacks and a boss zomb with one as well and if you were standing you were more of a target than when crouched
-any chance of implementing bots? since we currently have a low pop during the day/maybe you want to experiment/ just have a humans only mode, idk. bots would make it so you wouldn't have to be a zombie immediately, since in my opinion having a very strong zombie focused team is going to burn the human side out quickly and possibly hurt longevity, but that is my two cents

I like a lot of these ideas, I think they could fit in well.
The different ammo types is a really cool idea, I'm curious to see how it would blend with our inventory system or if it would stay separated.
(If you didn't know, Brass is working on incorporating the inventory aspect from our TTT/Lobby servers into ZS:

. These weapons do have suffixes and traits that could make zombies catch on fire, be poisoned, bleed, hit by lightning, etc.)

- That Thrakos Noob
Find

First off, welcome to the server! Glad to see a new face. Secondly, some of this stuff would take a while to be implemented because the owner and developer is currently adding our inventory system to Zombie Survival. We started out as a TTT server and we are slowly starting to get into ZS trying to get players across all the servers. We have had many people ask to add attachments and such to out TTT server, but we werent sure how to implement them. Now that we have a ZS server in the making we could probably make some things work out. Different ammo types I am unsure abbout. We may be able to add new godlikes that take specific ammo. @TJ Grenade Launcher. The discount thing I saw on a different server and thought was pretty cool and helped with conserving points and saving up. When you say break doors do you mean break it off the hinges or break a part of the door off? We may be able to make a new crate that is specifically for ZS stuff and possibly be able to craft better hammers via Arvid in the lobby, kind of like how godswords and meteor swords are made.The nails do sound like a good idea, since the current state of ZS is vey zombie-sided. Maybe make each nail cost more and only buy a limited amount?
Bouncy Rounds
Find

There is a perk in the skilltree that gives a 20% discount on all items but you can only buy stuff after half of the round time has passed.

Also just keep in mind that this game mode is meant to be incredibly zombie sided.
Find

(01-24-2019, 04:02 PM)Hala Wrote:  First off, welcome to the server! Glad to see a new face. Secondly, some of this stuff would take a while to be implemented because the owner and developer is currently adding our inventory system to Zombie Survival. We started out as a TTT server and we are slowly starting to get into ZS trying to get players across all the servers. We have had many people ask to add attachments and such to out TTT server, but we werent sure how to implement them. Now that we have a ZS server in the making we could probably make some things work out. Different ammo types I am unsure abbout. We may be able to add new godlikes that take specific ammo. @TJ Grenade Launcher. The discount thing I saw on a different server and thought was pretty cool and helped with conserving points and saving up. When you say break doors do you mean break it off the hinges or break a part of the door off?  We may be able to make a new crate that is specifically for ZS stuff and possibly be able to craft better hammers via Arvid in the lobby, kind of like how godswords and meteor swords are made.The nails do sound like a good idea, since the current state of ZS is vey zombie-sided. Maybe make each nail cost more and only buy a limited amount?

I mean break the entire door off the hinges haha and be able to nail them while they are on the hinges, i was not able to on one of the maps but like you said its a brand new idea you guys just implemented

(01-24-2019, 04:08 PM)Fagxel Wrote:  There is a perk in the skilltree that gives a 20% discount on all items but you can only buy stuff after half of the round time has passed.

Also just keep in mind that this game mode is meant to be incredibly zombie sided.
gotcha! and that is okay i do love a challenge, though that is when i can properly cade Tongue

(01-24-2019, 04:01 PM)Unpoke Wrote:  I like a lot of these ideas, I think they could fit in well.
The different ammo types is a really cool idea, I'm curious to see how it would blend with our inventory system or if it would stay separated.
(If you didn't know, Brass is working on incorporating the inventory aspect from our TTT/Lobby servers into ZS:

. These weapons do have suffixes and traits that could make zombies catch on fire, be poisoned, bleed, hit by lightning, etc.)

Well why not have both? I do think it would be easier to just keep it on ZS at first to see how it rolls, like with my old server ( we were really just ZS) we had different boss zombies at the waves end and for instance with the shade we'd use tracer rounds to do more damage then just with our flashlights
Find

(01-24-2019, 02:59 PM)bomer555 Wrote:  Hey there, I am relatively new to your group, however I am not that new to the ZS community, I may not be a god of cading but i'm not that bad. So what brings me here? Apparently my old server went under, only one dev who seems to have gotten overwhelmed. Anyway here's my list of possible ideas I'd like to see implemented or discussed:
1. Customization of weapons
  a) The ability to buy different ammo types. Ex: Incendiary, Explosive, AP, etc
  Now I saw that there was a lot of different kinds of weaponry, but I haven't had the pleasure to play a lot on your ZS so if what I say is already "implemented" ignore it
   b) ability to add scopes, grips, different mags, etc to weapons, depending on what it is. By this I mean you can't really put a scope on a pistol but you can put different kinds on a rifle, along that kind of thought
2. Cading ( my main reason for writing this)
A. The ability to break doors and use them as props to cade with, and the ability to actually cade the door itself, by this i mean drag it in a certain direction to create a funnel to shoot out of.
B. Different nail types, such as heavy nails (Increased prop health/durability), barbed(damages zombies when they attack)comes with the drawback of less prop health, etc
C. Ability to customize the hammer itself, kinda incorporates 2B. EX: different tiers of "heads"(like interchangeable tops to the hammer) which allow you to repair more the higher tier you have, t1 might do 50rep a hit while t2 might do 75, and so on
3. Purchasing
a. have an incentive for waiting to purchase until its the period between rounds, give a 10% off if you do(or whatever %), makes it a little more challenging

Other then that, I need to play more and I will be able to come up with what I hope is more suggestions, hope to have some feedback Smile

a) I think the new ammo types is a good idea, and as far as I know wouldn't be too hard to implement.
b) In the next few days Brassx will begin importing the inventory system over to ZS, and the variation on weaponry should remove the need for too much customization. Adding it alongside would just make things very confusing for new players and possibly make weapons overpowered.

a) As far as I know doors can be broken off the hinges, pretty sure it even says so in the help menu. Not sure if you mean literally breaking the door into pieces though, that would be neat but would require replacing every door prop on every map afaik.
b) Cool! I like
c) Hammer can be turned into the electrohammer with a battery, and perks/trinkets allow for more and faster repair.

a) I don't think this is needed. ZS is already quite hard to win and making us wait to buy stuff like ammo or better stuff just adds more difficulty. The bulk points at the end of the rounds is enough imo.
Find

(01-24-2019, 07:16 PM)Fuzzy "Mc-Cones" Mcnomnoms Wrote:  a) I don't think this is needed. ZS is already quite hard to win and making us wait to buy stuff like ammo or better stuff just adds more difficulty. The bulk points at the end of the rounds is enough imo.

He's not saying you can't buy things until later, he's just saying give a reason to wait until the wave ends to spend points instead of doing it during the round which isn't helping the team.

A discount at the end of the round would be helpful. Especially if a single godlike weapon is going to be 200 points.
Find

you got my point exactly TJ ! and @fuzzy i guess it was just the map i played since i played on fissure and was able to break doors, however it takes bloody forever to do so, so if you could increase prop damage done by hammer or overall melee damage that would be great (though i have not played with melee yet since everyone is at school and busy i've been told)
Find

He has a good point, it took something like a minute for 3 people to bash a door down. Was a bit silly. Late-game is so prop starved...
Find