Hi there Guest,  
Sign in here: Login through Steam

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Controversial future event topic

So, this is going to get more flak than its worth, but I figured I'd say it anyways. I like playing the events of FRG, they're a really cool draw, but seasonal events are causing me to have more gripes than I care for.

See, I don't like it when a seasonal event is released on the lobby, because it means that TTT is statistically super dead far too often. So, I was excited to see how it'd work for this Easter event being TTT-based. I enjoyed it at first, but then I started to get annoyed, because we'd go from a 24-population TTT server into the event, and sometimes I just wanted to play TTT. Even if I went to TTT2, there were too few people to really do anything, and it was pretty lame. One of the other issues (Also, I'm not actually complaining about this, I did it too) is that when one server has a mapchange without the event, 10+ people will flock to the other server.

So, a proposed change would be to combine them, sort of like Asylum/Survive tickets (but not nearly as useless or common). A seasonal event could drop special tokens for playing, and if you get a couple, you can make a ticket to open the event in the lobby server. This means that while people could sit on lobby server, there'd still be a need to play on TTT to earn the tickets. Even better, you could have custom dailies people have to do to guarantee a ticket, so that it isn't luck based.*

Flame away pls.

*dailies good

but the easter event is almost primarily on ttt this year lol

nevermind, i read it wrong
Find

When the event ends, I feel like it wont matter. Chances are the event will get the pseudo part taken out and an item to force it somewhere (dailies/spin 2 win/donator wheel). Speaking of which, we didn't have one event for like 7 hours with a 1 in 6 chance, so it's not like it's going to be very common if it is going to be a main TTT event.

Server 2 is going to most likely be turned off due to not needing it, so everyone is going to be on one server. Also, there are plenty of people who were locked out of playing the event due to slots, so they go to the other server to have a chance for their server to play. There were easily over 35 people on both servers at any time. That's calmed down because people have to go back to school and the popularity went down too.

Having to start the event on lobby sounds like an awful way to go. Consider this: there probably wouldn't even be enough people to start it, another server would have to be up constantly, people would have to load into lobby and then into another server. You'd probably waste the ticket as well. Most people wouldn't even play TTT to earn tickets, because they could just use someone else's ticket to get in.

It's better to just have the 20 minute event be random after Easter is over. I mean, nothing about the event itself is even easter based, unlike the bunny boss rounds.

dilapidations aren't anywhere as bad as the non-stop orbitals and bouncing mayhems that happen for like 3-4 rounds every single map
most people are just sick of the minigames due to their frequency and would rather just be playing TTT instead
the minigames are unfun, their rewards suck and they're too frequent
a 'one token minigame per map' cooldown when
Find

Im confused. First you say there shouldn't be a events on lobby because no one plays TTT and now that there is a TTT event, You say change it to a lobby event. It looks like brass can't win. The Ticket idea is bad since this is only a limited time event as of right now and won't be so common later on. When new players join at least they can get a feel for how the server is and shows that we have more then just plain TTT to offer.

(04-26-2019, 12:51 AM)hankiboe Wrote:  dilapidations aren't anywhere as bad as the non-stop orbitals and bouncing mayhems that happen for like 3-4 rounds every single map
most people are just sick of the minigames due to their frequency and would rather just be playing TTT instead
the minigames are unfun, their rewards suck and they're too frequent
a 'one token minigame per map' cooldown when

I think thats a bug. This was happening last year and thats why you cant spam tokens anymore. Normally there is a 4-6 round cooldown.
Find