Hi there Guest,  
Sign in here: Login through Steam

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Kraken

Okay I've said something in discord about this a bunch, but I'm really tired of not even being able to do kraken because no one wants to take the time.
As I'm writing this, there's a kraken going on in a lobby with 15 people in it, and only 3 participating in kraken. I'm not saying players should be forced to go participate but it shouldn't be impossible to do because of it.

I seriously think that kraken needs scaling of some kind. I think health/damage scaling on the tentacles would be a good start. It's bad when we can't even get 2 tentacles down at the same time because there's no way we can output the amount of damage needed. I know that time extends when kraken goes down, but if we can't even get him down in the first place, then that's useless. Besides, we shouldn't have to spend 40 something minutes on kraken because no one else wants to join. I'm not suggesting that kraken be made easier or shorter, but it needs to be do-able based on the people who are actually trying to fight it.

I suggest either:

1. Make the tentacles take more/less damage based on the amount of people inside kraken at the time so we can actually down the tentacles in a reasonable amount of time.
2. Increase/decrease the tentacles health based on the people inside.

If anyone else has some ideas for this, feel free to post. This is just my two cents on the matter. I just want to actually be able to kill kraken again because out of the last 10 or so fights I've been apart of, we've won maybe 3 or 4.

P.S. Is there anything that can be done about the frames in kraken? I think the storm causes the majority of it and I can hardly stay at a consistent 30 frames during the fight.

I'd like scaling based on players honestly
Find

just make loud discombob the base drop instead of instant kraken
"Closest thing I have had to alcohol is chocolate milk... Don't quote me on that!"
"Please somebody use this as a signature to remember this day."-Catbug

(04-26-2019, 11:09 PM)Bathory Wrote:  just make loud discombob the base drop instead of instant kraken
Find

Kraken is just a problem in general.

It's a little different at the moment because people are more focused on opening crates/eggs and making keys from them. When the event ends, I'm sure more people would be likely doing Kraken. However, interest in doing Kraken overall has just been decreased overall...because surprise surprise, it's long, boring and tedious.

It's to the point where I don't even want to do it anymore because I've done it so many times and it's generally just a very loud bullet sponge thats hard to focus on something else because it requires a lot of attention.

I'm tired of the loud Azuredge I need to use because it's basically the best weapon for Kraken. I'm tired of having to sweep the legs 3-4 times when there's 20 people participating. I'm tired of fishing being interrupted by it. I'm tired of the same crates, and nothing of value in them (Fixed soon, although I think some brand new crate should be added).

Some of my problems are going to be solved whenever, but Kraken needs anything to speed it up. 30 minutes each with around 16 people is pretty taxing, especially if multiple are summoned. Kraken won't be solved if you just got discombobulators, people still wouldn't do them. If VIP pond ever comes out, that's when discombobs will exist more.

I would've liked it if there was like a cannon that gets thrown at us to make a tentacle go down instantly. Or each time Kraken goes down, the tentacles get less HP because people only care about the first down to get eye, or other wise, they don't care as much or leech.

Something that's also a minor gripe is that I can't talk to the fisher to sell or wick to start IOD if there's one up.

I agree that kraken is kinda boring. im new and all and dont understand everyone 100% but We spend 30+ min killing the beast and sometimes it takes about an hr due to people waiting till 3-5 people get it down to almost dead then just come over and shoot it for crates. I was on last night and i said "We doing kraken why not come help" Then someone said "Just let me know right before it dies so i can come get loot. I feel thats an issue and all. But if it dosnt get fixed its a nice event regardless just taxing on time and very leachable
Deadheala

I realize I'm new to this server but I'd like to offer some of the things I've noticed in regards to Kraken. It feels broken and speaking plainly it's not fun. To reiterate the point Josh made I was there when someone said "We doing kraken why not come help" then someone said "Just let me know right before it dies so i can come get loot". It just seems unfair that someone can come and literally shoot it for 10 seconds and get the same loot that someone who fought it for 30 minutes had received.

I know Kraken has a feature where the top damage dealer gets extra loot of some sort but it might be nice if they had damage tiers to even be considered for loot. Most of the people afk until Kraken is almost dead and then come and get crates for doing nothing. I think speeding Kraken up in any way possible would be to the fights advantage. As Kraken stands now no one really wants to do it and that's really a shame because it is a cool fight.
Find

I actually enjoy kraken, I just find it to get stale. In my opinion it needs to be more challenging, but also scale to the amount of people. To me, it gets boring standing still pulling my mouse down for 15-20 minutes, hitting every shot, especially just to be beaten out by anyone who has an azuredge, but I'm not too bothered by that. I personally don't get many performance issues but I could see how others do. Also yeah it's kinda absurd how much loot you get for shooting kraken once or twice. I forget who it was but someone the other day came on right as it was almost over, did like 47 damage, and got like 15 crates.

I remember who it was but I didn't include that on purpose because that's just another can of worms. I agree with that though, it is annoying knowing I'll never have a chance at the higher drops because I don't have an Azureedge but my main gripe is holding down mouse 1 for 15-20 minutes.
Find

let it instant die when all eyes are gone?
Find