Hi there Guest,  
Sign in here: Login through Steam

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Djinn Revamp

(06-17-2019, 11:33 PM)Brassx Wrote:  Eh. Some things don't really need a revamp. The only revamp that should be made to djinns is to make them untradeable and make them not affected by level. Though it's kinda late for that. Making them untradeable means they lose their 'monetary' value thus making what ever they have already always worth it as it's literally just bonus stuff. Easy way to avoid loot creep.

I'm 100% for the not affected by level bc a lot of low levels who get djinns just open them without realizing and get ripped on loot.
I think its way too late to make it untradeable at this point tho and would be unfair to everyone else, seeing as everyone and their mother have djinn crystals now (whoops).

I dont really want these additions to make the djinn more valueable or "better", just to make it more diverse than discarded loot being the only good option. The items suggested arent anything too crazy and would add some nice diversity to djinns.
Find

Just make a new sort of Djinn and keep the old one as a legacy that sometimes pops up. The new replacement should, of course, be untradeable. The items inside of it would be tradeable if obtained.
Find

new djinn should keep rarity, but you make old djinn easier to get, as a noob crate but make special drops a little more rare
"Closest thing I have had to alcohol is chocolate milk... Don't quote me on that!"
"Please somebody use this as a signature to remember this day."-Catbug
Find

+1, I jsut got my first Djinn but didnt know wtf I was doing when I pressed the wrong option. With this around, finding out what to do would be actually worth it imo.
Find

I do agree with making Djinn crates untradeable. I also agree with making them level-less. One thing that might be cool is an uber-djinn server-wide fight that is actually difficult and requires either multiple Djinn crates to be activated, or can happen very rarely when a regular djinn is opened. With myself being something like 12 for 14 on Djinn fights, and Alex being rather adept at fighting them too, I don't think they need a loot buff. Just a cool change to give more options than trading them away to Alex or myself to fight them. It's also a possiblity that we could use the Djinn Crystals to activate this uber fight to prevent the crystal from being devalued over time.

In terms of Uber-Djinn difficulty, think of pre-nerf Tzadkiel back when no one knew how to kite him correctly. Thus making the fight both rare, difficult, and hard to get information on.

I'm imagining a large design for the current Djinn arena, with a gargantuan Mammon in the middle, meditating while firing Djinn balls at everyone fighting him. Of course, there'd be more mechanics, but it's a rough idea that might be kind of cool and can use a lot of the damage indicators shown in Oxylus to make it more complex.

To up the difficulty, Brass also shouldn't do open testing. The server should go into this boss fight roughly blind, much like Tzadkiel.

But anyway, this is just an idea. Dunno what you guys think.
Find

I have never gotten a djinn, but they are surprisingly cheap and even then they never feeled worth it for me to buy one just so i can get the pass for the Next djinn i get xD. But I agree with the replacement of the djinn, all these suggestions made me think of the Spring of Myst from .hack
Find