Hi there Guest,  
Sign in here: Login through Steam

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Thoughts and Issues with Crafting

First and above all else, fucking awesome job Brass. I appositely love this update and appreciate what you've put into this. The UI is fast, it is fun to gamble away a weapon to get sick traits on them, and I don't hate myself for doing that. I don't believe the chances, but thats rng being rng.

--------XP rates for overall level--------

This is all knowing that this should be a slow progression and a coin sink.
Also this is for Overall Level, this doesn't involve the progression through the tiers.

Xp rates are all over the place with catalyst crafting. The best xp to coins in the game is crafting ordinary tier, second best is tier 3, third is tier 4, and dead last is tier 5. Scrap is the most limiting factor when leveling up.

Tj did this math, thank you Tj for letting me use this without your permission. I just did the coin amount and scrap return.

Assuming scrap is selling for a clean 30 coins.

Ordinary: 1 exp, 5 scrap, 1 scrap return (Xp to scrap ratio 1/5)
Common: 1 exp, 5 scrap, 2 common fragments (No one uses this)
Uncommon: 1 exp, 10 scrap, 2 uncommon fragments (No one uses this)

Unlikely: 2 exp, 15 scrap, 2-4 scrap return, 2 unlikely fragments (Xp to scrap ratio 1/7.5)
Rare: 3 exp, 25 scrap, 4-6 scrap return, 2 rare frag, 1 unlikely frag (Xp to scrap ratio 1/8.3)
Legendary: 4 exp, 35 scrap, 6-8 scrap return, 1 legendary frag, 3 rare frag, 5 unlikely frag (Xp to scrap ratio 1/8.75)

48 exp

Ordinary: 48 exp, 240 scrap - 48 scrap return (7200 coins, 5760 with scrap return)
Common: 48 exp, 240 scrap, 96 common fragments (7200 coins)
Uncommon: 48 exp, 480 scrap, 96 uncommon fragments (14400 coins)

Unlikely: 48 exp, 360 scrap - 48-96 scrap return, 48 unlikely fragments (10800 coins, 9360 min, 7920 max)
Rare: 48 exp, 400 scrap - 64-96 scrap return, 32 rare frag, 16 unlikely frag (12000 coins, 10080 min, 9120 max)
Legendary: 48 exp, 420 scrap - 72-96 scrap return, 12 legendary frag, 36 rare frag, 60 unlikely frag (12600 coins, 10440 min, 9720 max)

For the most part, 1 XP is worth roughly 7.5 scrap. The outlier is ordinary tier.
Not only do you save the most amount of scrap, you spend the least amount of materials (No fragments). Yes you have to work twice as hard leveling up. But, it is highly cost effective being close to 50-100% than the other tiers and 100% consistent. On top of being in the cheapest crate, it also gives T/D rounds a lot, gives a lot of titles, and isn't uncommon to get a godlike. I sure as fuck know I aint getting a random T/D round for the next 3 months.

I'm asking for a straight nerf for ordinary tier, maybe we can throw a bone at the other competitors?

Here is my idea.

Nerf ordinary to .75 XP from 1 XP

Buff tier 4 and 5 max scrap by one, 4-7 and 6-9 respectively -They're using multiple
fragments having the same scrap to xp rates as unlikely while spending more fragments just feels bad crafting them. So I believe allowing the CHANCE to be SLIGHTLY closer scrap/XP than unlikely is alright.
From the table above
Unlikely- Max 7920
Rare- Max 8640
Legendary- Max 9360

Buff prim catalyst crafting to 10 XP from 5 XP. -This one really should be in, it is pretty rare to get a prim and it can't be massed enough to make it a good way to level up. It aint like the other tiers where you can fully expect another one to drop within 10 crates.

Kuro had the idea of when you reach a certain level you can't get XP from ordinary. I'm all for that too.

--------Crystals--------

I know why you have the level 10 there, to prevent low level crafting from making masterwork weapons. But they were so clunky before hitting level 10 and folks were just getting rid of them to have more room. True we were prepared for the update and had our banks full. But, it felt pretty shitty having to stare at the crystals and the first perk is just getting rid of them. Also felt like a dead perk, just like level 30.

My ideas

1. Allow anyone be able to decon crystals, level 10 perk change to "Allows you to craft some higher-end materials."

2. Have level 5 decon crystals and have the level 10 perk changed to the above.

--------

Outside of those current issues, Brass you did a great job. Thanks for all that you've done <3.

I can agree with the ordinary nerf to 0.75 exp. I don't agree with the idea of reaching a certain level and being unable to receive exp from ordinaries.

I also agree it was a huge pain before level 10 basically having to delete all my crystals but that's also cause we were all rushing our crafting levels and accumulated so many crystals at such a fast rate. Also I couldn't get on lobby to access my bank because it was constantly full. I think it would be more manageable now but i wouldn't mind having it reduced to level 5. It felt rewarding when I got to level 10 and got to dismantle all those crystals.

This is all some good input though, nice work beebee.