• 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average

IronGuy Unban Request

Steam Name (Current): IronGuy

Steam Name (During incident): IronGuy

Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:43518961

Steam Profile Link: https://steamcommunity.com/id/goldenalt

Name of staff you were banned by: Beebee, then lengthened by alex

Length of the ban: perma

Would you like your ban shortened or repealed?: I'd be grateful for either.

Reason for ban: I said the racial slur ending in a hard r once, got banned for a week, came back, slipped up and said it again, completely without thinking first.

Did you commit the actions stated in the ban reason?: Yes.

What really happened?: First incident, I was very heated in the moment, as someone had killed me in a frustrating way, and while dead, in voice chat I called him a racial slur. Alex banned me for a week. This ended as of the 7th. I returned today, and I was goofing around and being silly with a dead body, and someone in a comedic way burned me, and I said "now listen here -racial slur-" in a joking manner and immediately knew what I said without thinking, i felt like a fool.

Additional details: I know i literally just got banned, but I'm just knocking this out now, because I am gonna end up busy in the next couple of days and may keep putting this aside.

I know what I said is a very bad thing. I shouldn't have the word in my vocabulary, and I'm making a major effort to remove it. I went a long time without saying it, and I don't know why it sprouted back up. There is no excuse in the book for me to have said it. I do genuinely regret saying it, and a lot of times say things without thinking. They just metaphorically roll off the tongue, it's gotten me in trouble in more times than I can count. If unbanned, I will personally make the effort to not use mic at all until I'm 100% sure it is out of my system again. If it should remain that I be banned permanently, I will understand, however be upset with myself. I value the community very much, and I would be genuinely heartbroken to be banned from something I love so very much, and in addition, provide me with some small comfort when I move and have the time without friends.

Last request, should I stay permabanned, please put the scarlet and geode into the giveaway, so that someone else can experience them, i'd hate for them to die with me.

I would hate to see goldenguy (and ironguy) banned permanently, hell i was pretty sad when i found out he was banned before even though it was only for week. He didnt say it in a demeaning manner, nor did he say it in a hateful way, it was a joke that wasnt allowed in this community. Would love to see the ban atleast shortened. +1

-Sincerely the guy with the ninjato of phoenix

(Ive dropped hard r with my mom while playing risk, i wasnt disowned. We just pretended it didnt happen after i slipped a 20$ so brass...)
Find

"Yeah, I dropped the hard r a couple times, so"

Memes aside, how hard is it not to say these things in-game, I use the word all the time yet I've yet to let it slip ON the server, you managed to do so twice in a week. Smh, NTG golden wasn't so sloppy.

Got caught lackin.

You've grown weak. Cmonbruh

dude seriously? i thought this thread was a joke when i first saw it. cmon man, im extremely disappointed in you. its not that hard to not say the n word in game.
Find

I believe Golden should absolutely, 100% be unbanned. He isn't a racist, he's a lovable idiot with a bad vocabulary.
He's a wonderful person and a great member of the community. It was heartbreaking to lose him, and I'd absolutely hate to lose him permanently.

The intention in this situation should absolutely matter.

I don't believe for a second that Goldens intention was to be racist, when he didn't even intend what he was saying to be hurtful to the person he was saying it TO.
He was trying to be a bit edgy and make a joke, and in the heat of the moment says the first word that comes to his mind, being the N word.

In the same exact context, take the word he said and replace it words like fag, retard, bastard, bitch, (INSERT OFFENSIVE WORD HERE).
Does he mean what he said in a serious way to the person he is saying it to? No.
Did the person take offense to what he said? I am extremely doubtful.

Should YOU be offended about any of the words above in this context? Absolutely not and if you were, you would be absolutely ridiculed in every other gaming community.

The only "logical" reason Golden is permanently banned right now is because of this outdated, defunct rule that demands this one word warrants a PERMANENT ban while other similar words are several warnings to "drop it", a kick and a mute if you continue, and a week ban if you kept going.

It's been a while since a situation like this has come up and I'm pretty disheartened to know that this unfortunate thing still exists.
It's sad that it seems like the only appropriate time to talk about this rule without the fear of being painted as some sort of bigot is when another person I consider my friend is already gone because of it.

I'm honestly sick of it. We go over the same stuff, every single time this happens.
It amounts to nothing and we go on our ways until another person stumbles into it and we find ourselves here again.

If it's not clear about what my opinion is on this rule it's right here:

(10-22-2017, 04:05 AM)Kuro Wrote:  With the rules in mind I feel like the rules regarding disrespect are more than enough and the extra rule for racism is excessive and generally unneeded.

In these cases I believe the intention matters the most and not the words themselves and it's wrong to hold one word over another when they're essentially doing the same thing which is offend and disrespect.

http://forerunnergaming.org/forums/showthread.php?tid=4454 Here is a thread from a while ago discussing the word "faggot" and why it should be punished more harshly and while I generally disagree with the thread I agree with a few of the points made here.

So many words are derogatory for similar reasons yet only a handful of them get "special treatment" in regards to the rules.
I'm in no way an advocate for saying any of these words I just don't think it's very sensible that one word gets you banned (almost always permanently), one word voids your report or can get you gagged, and then for some god forsaken reason the word "nigga" is PERFECTLY FINE (rant here)

My suggestion is this rule be enforced how Brass stated a few years ago.

In cases of actual racism, I could care less what you do to the people who are actually being racist. You can permaban them, mute them, fry them up in oil and send them to vhoxels dungeon if you want.

But in cases like this newest one with Golden, why should the book be thrown at him resulting in a permanent ban?

(07-08-2019, 08:16 AM)Kuro Wrote:  I believe Golden should absolutely, 100% be unbanned. He isn't a racist, he's a lovable idiot with a bad vocabulary.
He's a wonderful person and a great member of the community. It was heartbreaking to lose him, and I'd absolutely hate to lose him permanently.

The intention in this situation should absolutely matter.

I don't believe for a second that Goldens intention was to be racist, when he didn't even intend what he was saying to be hurtful to the person he was saying it TO.
He was trying to be a bit edgy and make a joke, and in the heat of the moment says the first word that comes to his mind, being the N word.

In the same exact context, take the word he said and replace it words like fag, retard, bastard, bitch, (INSERT OFFENSIVE WORD HERE).
Does he mean what he said in a serious way to the person he is saying it to? No.
Did the person take offense to what he said? I am extremely doubtful.

Should YOU be offended about any of the words above in this context? Absolutely not and if you were, you would be absolutely ridiculed in every other gaming community.

The only "logical" reason Golden is permanently banned right now is because of this outdated, defunct rule that demands this one word warrants a PERMANENT ban while other similar words are several warnings to "drop it", a kick and a mute if you continue, and a week ban if you kept going.

It's been a while since a situation like this has come up and I'm pretty disheartened to know that this unfortunate thing still exists.
It's sad that it seems like the only appropriate time to talk about this rule without the fear of being painted as some sort of bigot is when another person I consider my friend is already gone because of it.

I'm honestly sick of it. We go over the same stuff, every single time this happens.
It amounts to nothing and we go on our ways until another person stumbles into it and we find ourselves here again.

If it's not clear about what my opinion is on this rule it's right here:

(10-22-2017, 04:05 AM)Kuro Wrote:  With the rules in mind I feel like the rules regarding disrespect are more than enough and the extra rule for racism is excessive and generally unneeded.

In these cases I believe the intention matters the most and not the words themselves and it's wrong to hold one word over another when they're essentially doing the same thing which is offend and disrespect.

http://forerunnergaming.org/forums/showthread.php?tid=4454 Here is a thread from a while ago discussing the word "faggot" and why it should be punished more harshly and while I generally disagree with the thread I agree with a few of the points made here.

So many words are derogatory for similar reasons yet only a handful of them get "special treatment" in regards to the rules.
I'm in no way an advocate for saying any of these words I just don't think it's very sensible that one word gets you banned (almost always permanently), one word voids your report or can get you gagged, and then for some god forsaken reason the word "nigga" is PERFECTLY FINE (rant here)

My suggestion is this rule be enforced how Brass stated a few years ago.

In cases of actual racism, I could care less what you do to the people who are actually being racist. You can permaban them, mute them, fry them up in oil and send them to vhoxels dungeon if you want.

But in cases like this newest one with Golden, why should the book be thrown at him resulting in a permanent ban?

Well said. I was there on the server for it when he dropped it, and personally I really don't think it warrants this sort of a response. He definitely wasn't saying it in any sort of a hateful context. +1 to unban after a short time-out of a couple days to think about it.
Find

I cannot believe you manage to fuck up on the first day of your unban dude. Being a man that is well taught in the ways of saying the n-word myself it's pretty impressive how you manage to slip up so much.
Still though I don't personally want you banned but you really need to go to a n-word bootcamp just so that you stop slipping up. You may need a couple days of since as brass said "Minor ban for minor slip ups" but I really hope it isn't perma since I know you aren't a racist you're just prone to commiting the big goof.
So +1 for unban in a couple days imo
Find

(07-08-2019, 07:29 AM)tobiasxz-usagi Wrote:  dude seriously? i thought this thread was a joke when i first saw it. cmon man, im extremely disappointed in you. its not that hard to not say the n word in game.

Find

Pretty much a mix of what Kuro said and what Nyte said +1 for shorten

Fix your server vocab though dude
Find

My speech impediment means when I harmlessly call someone my nigga or something, it sounds like the wrong thing, and Unpoke has gotten real mad at me (understandably). Words are words, it got used but the worst that should happen is warnings and short bans. Obviously, if someone is mouthy and uses foul language, then they probably shouldn't hold even a MEmber position, but permanently banning people for words is stupid. Harassment, especially targeted? Yes. Words? No. This is 2019, we have a CBC network about 8 year olds dressed in drag twerking on kids' national TV, degeneracy is at its all time high and the world is fucking burning. We can say fucking but not other words? If someone does say a word and someone TAKES OFFENSE to it, then they have every right to make a report or bring the subject up. It shouldn't just be an insta ban.
If it WAS, I should have been banned LONG ago. I've said the word accidentally before with absolutely no intention of meaning any harm. While harm could be used, it should be treated as an isolated incident.

If people are going to get perma-banned for certain words, then ban all words that aren't accepted. Cut out half the dictionary. Did you know that "Niggardly" is a proper, non-racist term? Look up the definition. It means greedy, miserly; a scrooge, etc. Does that mean someone should use it? Honestly, who cares? If someone takes offense, like I said, let it be dealt with as that incident.

If someone is cheating, exploiting, doing serious harassment or just has too many black marks, yes I can understand a permanent ban. But not for something like this. Its an almost childish reason to ban. I do believe that order is needed, but when the line is confusing (I can call people faggots and that's OK? Unless someone takes offense, maybe?), it just creates unfortunate situations for all.

Does that mean I support racial slurs? No, hence why I don't use them, even in private chats I tend to try to avoid them. But that's just how words are; they're meant to be spoken, and yes, they get spake. (That's a proper word, by the way). P.S I grew up in an environment where my family calls out the jews and talks about nogs in rude ways, so that's what I was born into. Stop oppressing me you bigoted scum, I identify as a rude dude!
Find