Hi there Guest,  
Sign in here: Login through Steam

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Item farming rule revision - Anti-leech section.

Revised rule/punishments for new revision as of 07/16/2019
We are updating our item farming rules to include leeching.
The new rule is as follows:
Quote:NO ITEM FARMING!
Such as, but not limited to:going AFK to collect end of round drops, or lengthen your time played on the servers. This is a permanent ban. This also applies to giving free kills for challenge scrolls/quests/dailies, etc.

This includes leeching in events. Leeching can be defined as (but not limited to) : Going AFK, dying intentionally, 'faking gameplay', etc, during TEAM BASED events, all with the intent of allowing teammates to do all of the work, so you can get loot with minimal effort. This should be a PER CASE basis, and drop bans will be the main source of punishment. Doing it often can lead to server bans, so DON'T DO IT!

Moderators+ have been given access to the drop-ban command, and should use it to deal with leechers.

Staff you can find updated guidelines here:
https://forerunnergaming.org/forums/showthread.php?tid=3200

can't have fun with friends Sad
Find

If I'm not allowed to afk during orbital rounds, when else will I eat?

Edit: Starving as I speak (type.)
Find

Leeching only really applies to team-based events by the way. Anything without a team, you going AFK doesn't affect them, however, it MAY be considered item farming depending on several factors. Also quite obviously, it's different if you're in an ejoin event with a private party.
Find

What about killing yourself at the start of an OBC Round?
Bouncy Rounds

Tbh brass, a lot of us afk during orbital rounds because people spam them since there isn’t really a cool down. It gotten to the point where we don’t want to participate so it wouldn’t be leeching or item farming. Also, RIP Woomy.
Find

(07-16-2019, 04:43 AM)Fluffy The Fairy King Wrote:  Tbh brass, a lot of us afk during orbital rounds because people spam them since there isn’t really a cool down.  It gotten to the point where we don’t want to participate so it wouldn’t be leeching or item farming.  Also, RIP Woomy.
If you afk yourself and go into spectator mode, then no harm done. It is a simple action and anyone can do it. Just sitting while being a player in minigames seems sketchy and you still have a chance to get items. So basically, just go into spectator.

You dont have to participate in orbital rounds, you can AFK on those as well as bouncies, its not leeching. This rule really only applies for dilap, dragon rounds, and vampire rounds.

Leeching means its ALL players vs a boss or something that requires teamwork. Gun games, orbitals, bouncies, etc dont require teamwork so you cant really leech on those.
Find

Yes. As stated, TEAM BASED EVENTS.

If you don't want to participate in something, put yourself into spectator mode, as long as you do that you can't be accused of item farming. But no one is going to ban you for not wanting to do orbital rounds.

Leeching only applies to things tobias listed, as well as public parties for other events, such as Kraken ,lyrus, grims, etc. Shooting kraken once, then afking/dying on purpose = leeching. If you join a public party, and actually don't help at all (and are experienced) you could be reported for leeching. Not that you will be, but it's possible.
Find

(07-16-2019, 03:40 PM)Brassx Wrote:  Yes. As stated, TEAM BASED EVENTS.

If you don't want to participate in something, put yourself into spectator mode, as long as you do that you can't be accused of item farming. But no one is going to ban you for not wanting to do orbital rounds.

Leeching only applies to things tobias listed, as well as public parties for other events, such as Kraken ,lyrus, grims, etc. Shooting kraken once, then afking/dying on purpose = leeching. If you join a public party, and actually don't help at all (and are experienced) you could be reported for leeching. Not that you will be, but it's possible.

Can you extend IOD connect time, I have issues joining before the time limit and it seems like I am going to leech and wait for endgame loot but in reality, I cant even join.
Find