Hi there Guest,  
Sign in here: Login through Steam

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Flashback but for Monthlys and it isn't a crate

Doesn't make sense that they should be forever unobtainable *COUGH*
My suggestions for how this'll be implemented:

A: For the month of January, instead of a new monthly, all the monthlys from the previous year are available for January. New monthlies starting February.
B: Have past monthlies drop rarely from Luck Maps
C: Prim Loot Orbs on TTT
Umpty Dumpty

- That Thrakos Noob
Find

I actually suggested something similar to A to Brassman. But for the month of december cuz y'know christmas and all that festive shit.
Find

(08-07-2019, 03:34 PM)Unpoke Wrote:  Image

Just leveling the playing field.
If Flashbacks are a thing, this should be too
Umpty Dumpty
Find

(08-07-2019, 03:55 PM)Bezerker Wrote:  
(08-07-2019, 03:34 PM)Unpoke Wrote:  Image

Just leveling the playing field.
If Flashbacks are a thing, this should be too

- That Thrakos Noob
Find

i'm gonna -1, just for the reasoning that I love things being limited time, and all of the monthlies will go down in value if they can be acquired again, and if they all can be acquired within that month then things like the warbanner will have so many more floating around. Yes they're useful and its great to have them, but having just so few of them makes those who do have them feel like they got something awesome, which they did, and they can have a usefulness. I also just really love limited time items and hate to see them come back at a later date, once you've missed that train you can't get on it, just wait till the next one.

(08-07-2019, 04:21 PM)Randall Wrote:  i'm gonna -1, just for the reasoning that I love things being limited time, and all of the monthlies will go down in value if they can be acquired again, and if they all can be acquired within that month then things like the warbanner will have so many more floating around. Yes they're useful and its great to have them, but having just so few of them makes those who do have them feel like they got something awesome, which they did, and they can have a usefulness. I also just really love limited time items and hate to see them come back at a later date, once you've missed that train you can't get on it, just wait till the next one.

Going to fight you on this one. Limited time godlikes were cool because they were limited, so why should these be ANY different.

> and all of the monthlies will go down in value if they can be acquired again
so what? You could say the same exact thing happened with Limited-time godlikes. Listen, I'm not against the Flashback crate, that ship has already sailed, and I'm glad to see people using scarcely used items again. But Monthlies deserve the same treatment, if not more due to the fact that they are only droppable for a month EVER while Limited-time godlikes were available for an extended amount of time, due to the fact that the crates they came from were still droppable
Umpty Dumpty
Find

Limited items are good, in my opinion, it keeps the game fresh. They are cool but not really strong, so i don't care if i don't drop one, it gives me something to look forward to each month.
We should keep thing unique on the server, since i see an over saturation problem at the moment with items being obtained indefinitely. The flash back crate is fine because it's very rare, and it should stay that way, if anything we could add one monthly to it for a "one year anniversary" as a compromise.
Find

These are monthlies that occur every month. Brass said they might be reused for next year too and that seems likely based on their description. /shrug
Find

One of the reasons flashback crates were so sought after is because it had been years since the items were obtainable, and back when they were, so few crates were opened, only like 20 of each ever existed(which was a lot for back then). Sometimes fewer than that, effectively making some of those items non-existent over the course of a couple years.

There have been 40+ of each monthly so far, give or take. That's enough to keep them in circulation for a little bit. I never said they would never come back, but if they do, it would be next year during the same month that they dropped previously, but at a more uncommon rate, along side a new monthly.
Find