Hi there Guest,  
Sign in here: Login through Steam

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

[Buff] Resistance Crystal

So far, to the best of my knowledge, the Resistance crystal lowers suffix damage/durations by a set amount. I don't know the exact amount, but any bit helps. However, this doesn't affect the basic traits or anything like look at feet or some of the rarer, more cancerous ones. Thus, my proposition:

The Resistance Crystal should lower the chance to be affected by traits. I.E, a Mac10 with a 1 in 8 chance to look at feet would "Register" as a 1 in 12 when shooting you. This would probably affect suffixes as well. This should give people more of a fighting chance, whether they need to flee or whatever else.

The resistance crystal is a bit rare anyways, considering orbs of curing come semi-uncommonly from one thing, and using it would take away a crystal slot in your synergizer that could normally have a dimension/reload/djinn/vitality, etc. That's a pretty big negative for a lot of people.

If I may go even FARTHER, I'd like if it was a little stronger than my current suggestion, but I don't want to push things too far. Anyways, give me your opinions please. Thanks. If my previous suggestion doesn't work, then maybe it could do something like there's a 50% chance a trait or suffix will fail to trigger on you, even if procced. TTT right now is very un-fun.

I've been using the resistance crystal regularly in my loadout and while I definitely notice it helps with DoT suffixes, the things which are the most detrimental in a gunfight are stuff like burning confusion and stuff that affects your visuals or movement. +1 to buffing resistance crystal to affect traits more. I love the idea of the resistance crystal I just wish it helped out more when going against guns with 4+ insane traits that turn you into a cripple.

yeah i've never actually crafted one because of how useless they are . i want a reason to actually use it. +1
Find

It's a stepping stone crystal, I planned to add a more powerful version that you can upgrade to, thus why it's relatively 'low' reduction.

(08-13-2019, 01:01 AM)Brassx Wrote:  It's a stepping stone crystal, I planned to add a more powerful version that you can upgrade to, thus why it's relatively 'low' reduction.
That's fair enough, but the Resistance Crystal is a bit hard to get. At least I haven't had any luck, considering you need an orb of curing. Maybe it should be a bit more common then? I'm not sure how, but something like that. I paid somewhere around 70k for one and failed to get a catalyst, and worm queen has failed me dozens of times.
Find

(08-13-2019, 01:42 AM)Terran Wrote:  That's fair enough, but the Resistance Crystal is a bit hard to get. At least I haven't had any luck, considering you need an orb of curing. Maybe it should be a bit more common then? I'm not sure how, but something like that. I paid somewhere around 70k for one and failed to get a catalyst, and worm queen has failed me dozens of times.

It makes worm queen worth doing. It may come from a slab, but not all of the slabs need to be equal. I think it is perfectly fine to have a rare ingredient in a slab recipe.

(08-13-2019, 01:48 AM)Beebee1303 Wrote:  
(08-13-2019, 01:42 AM)Terran Wrote:  That's fair enough, but the Resistance Crystal is a bit hard to get. At least I haven't had any luck, considering you need an orb of curing. Maybe it should be a bit more common then? I'm not sure how, but something like that. I paid somewhere around 70k for one and failed to get a catalyst, and worm queen has failed me dozens of times.

It makes worm queen worth doing. It may come from a slab, but not all of the slabs need to be equal. I think it is perfectly fine to have a rare ingredient in a slab recipe.
That's fine, but I'm implying why would there be a rarer version if the current version is kinda underused and already not that easy to get? A Djinn crystal is cheaper than a Resistance right now. Also, I'm not talking about the slabs anyways.
Find

Add my purge secondary suggestion, ez fix.
Find