Sign in here: Login through Steam

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Misleading information from trade

Steam Name of Offending Player(s):
Françoise Appledelhi

Steam ID of Offending Player(s):
STEAM_0:0:28467572

Map the event happened on:
Sunday Street (I dont know the full TTT map name)

Date of event:
4/9/2019 (EU Date)

What Happened?:
Earlier that day i dropped a Polarity, Yay me. Due to my EU ping, its a pain to use, all but less an op gun. I decided to sell it, due to the circumstances.

I had two offers, Francoise's offer, and Whiiskey's offer. Whiiskey's offer was a pure 500k coins and a sealed djinn, which i could trade to Danger to fight Mammon for me, getting me around 120k+ if he defeats Mammon. The settled price was 600k mixed.

Francoise's offer was the following:
A Cailburn of Eggcellance, A Grimoire of BW, An Avian Hilt, a +20 Righteous Galil of Eggcellance and an Easter Bomb.

The trade was fair. But its what he said to me in both game and discord that was misleading. He stated that his offer was worth more than Whiiskey's to which i trusted him upon. So the trade went through and we were both happy. Queue Mystery. He also wanted the Polarity but could not afford it, but was still interested in the final trade. I told him i sold it and he asked me what for. I told him Francoise's offer. He replied with "I don't.. know if that's worth".

After hearing this, i was shocked, and went to the game chat to ask about it. A lot of people said it was just "Buyers remorse", including Francoise himself. I asked Kazen, a reputable trader and player, to which he agreed with Mystery, saying that the items were only worth around 600k, not the significant more Francoise roped me into believing it was all worth. I asked Francoise if we could trade back, to which he kept saying "Its buyers remorse"

So i asked more players over level 150 about what they thought. A hefty few agreed with that the items were only worth around 600k. Some did say that it was worth over 600k. The ratio being around 3:1.
Francoise roped me into believing that the items he had were worth more than 600k, edging me towards his offer and repelling me away from Whiiskey's, THAT is what misled me.

So overall, to recap, the trade was fair price wise, what he said was not, as he stated that i would be getting more out of it by taking his offer than Whiiskey's.

Witnesses:
Kazen, Moz, BeeBee1303, Ace, Danger, Alex Summers, Mousey, Whiiskey, Shadow_man43

Evidence:
People who said it was around 600k
https://imgur.com/a/0q8m1eH

People who said it was over 600k
https://imgur.com/a/oM8asNX

Francoise telling me that those items were worth more than the other offer (600k mixed)
https://imgur.com/a/SMeLkeN
Find

I mean from what I see Francoise didn't really mislead nor lie. His items ARE worth more if you go off of pure value. 200k Cali, 100k Book 300k Easter Bomb and then hilt and galil that are the 2 bonuses of maybe 90k?
Not to mention that with the influx of new players all looking for cool items you could EASILY get some overpay for a lot of the items. I think this case is sort of on you, I don't really see any "manipulation" from Francoise's side and I also believe it's just a case of buyers remorse. All in all what Francoise said about his trade being "worth more" isn't a lie. Sure the items themselves might be a bit hard to sell considering that there's a couple of them, but it isn't a lie that they are worth more at least in the current market. You also have to remember that half of this trade is on YOUR side. Never be afraid to ask people which trade would be considered more lucrative and if you aren't looking to be selling a bunch of mid-tier godlikes then don't accept a trade for them.

this is worth how much he said, but not very good items. you should probably go to higher levels before you sell it and see if they would take that offer as well. the easter bomb may be worth around 300k, but i can't see one selling unless its underpriced as hell. you just made a bad trade and thats that
Find

Few things I'd like to say.
Every trade that happens between 2 people are a mutual agreement that they're happy with the trade. (Unless a circumstance where a noob gets sharked.)
Like someone said in this thread, it doesn't seem like Fran mislead you. The pure value of the items is what he stated. You may have trouble getting the total amount for the items but that's something you would have to factor in yourself.
Also, everyone has full access to price checking items. Whether it's the forums or discord, or asking people through steam. There's no excuses for someone not putting in a little effort.

I'd like to see other people's opinions (mostly about the value of the items and whatnot) but to me it just seems like you regret the trade.

Sidenote: what did you expect to happen to Fran if we agreed with you?
Find

Always get second opinions on item values and don't listen to the person trying to trade you of course they're going to try and make their offer sound better (which is how it should be imo). Also it's a good idea to talk to the other party you're trading with before you sell it because they might add to their offer... IMO its not francoises fault.
Find

I don't think you were misled about the information. In the overall value, those items can reach 600k, maybe more depending on who is buying. They might not be the prettiest items on the market, but the value is still there.

He told you straight up that even though it might be hard to sell, the value is still there.
Like I said, his offer could be worth a decent bit more depending on who you sell the stuff to, but as a standard pricing, they're fairly even deals.

I'm with the others who say it's a case of buyer's remorse. Next time, instead of asking the value of items, ask people if you think the trade is a good trade. Someone could easily offer a bunch of shitty godlikes for an expensive item and it still not be a good trade.

A good rule of thumb, don't blindly trust the buyer/sellers statement when they say their offer is worth more. Of course they are going to try to persuade you to take their offer. It would be a different situation if it was just a straight up scam, but it was a pretty fair deal and he was just trying to convince you to take his offer over the other guy's.
Find

damn.. wish you sold it to me tho... woulda paid just as much if not less and woulda lead you to being much happier with the trade....
Find

as much as it sucks, this seems basically open-and-shut. it ultimately falls on the seller to know that the buyer's offer is good, and his offer approximately speaking was fine for the amount he said. especially being that the person who initially tried to say that the offer was a scam was Mystery, who's fairly known for his very "Unique" opinions on things.

All-in-all, sucks, but general rule of thumb is that if someone is trying to sell you a lot of items for one item, there's usually a reason, and it is because they can't sell them individually.
Find

This honestly just sounds like you got good deal’d and regret it now. That trade is 100% not a scam or shark.

Its very important that when you make a trade based on "sheer value" that you also weigh and ask yourself how easy things are to buy/sell. This for the most part is how I trade. If someone is offering a shit ton of items for one of mine and they are realistically of equal value, I still weigh in on how hard it would be to sell an item (Unless it is something a personally want). Easter Bomb, yes is worth 250-300k but its an absolute nightmare to sell so I automatically try to stray away from items like this when trading. Of course this also means that you have to have a pretty good grasp on the Eco of FRG, but its not so hard to understand if you pay attention to trade chat and such. If someone offers you a Tath on a gun, but you know they've had for a while and have tried to use in other trades, chances are you should stray away from taking it unless you want a Tath. Its difficult to trade on FRG if you're trying to always come out on top, the best suggestion I can make is just don't. Don't constantly trade with the expectation that you will be making a profit, because 80%+ of the time you won't be.

tl:dr- The Eco of FRG is complicated, stay away from trading for stuff you don't want and will just turn around to sell.
Find