Hi there Guest,  
Sign in here: Login through Steam

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

What would you like to see on the server?

I believe that the monthly system should be re-worked. I don't think monthlies should be rewarded as a random drops even if there are many ways for them to be obtained it is still very possible to have played everyday of the month and not obtain one (or at least it feels that way).

I understand that monthlies are meant to keep the game refreshed and increase player activity however I believe a more rewarding way would be to introduce a system like with dailies except we have a monthly quest line. The quest lines should include and encompass all parts of FRG, (though most of the quests should still be completed via TTT). This could be done by having quests go from challenges scroll like quests then scaling up to quests like get 6 kills in one round with 6 different gun types to survive X amount of rounds on Survive - Defeat Grims - Defeat IOD, Defeat Castle, Defeat Catbug, Collect 15 basses from fishing, defeat/ "participate" in 5 kraken events, ...etc. You get the point.

Edit: Reward should include the current month's monthly.

This I feel this would give further incentive to actually partake in all of the FRG content and encourage more newcomers into the community.... as well as make monthlies not completely RNG.
Find

(10-24-2019, 03:16 AM)Mr. Many Wrote:  I believe that the monthly system should be re-worked. I don't think monthlies should be rewarded as a random drops even if there are many ways for them to be obtained it is still very possible to have played everyday of the month and not obtain one (or at least it feels that way).  

I understand that monthlies are meant to keep the game refreshed and increase player activity however I believe a more rewarding way would be to introduce a system like with dailies except we have a monthly quest line.  The quest lines should include and encompass all parts of FRG, (though most of the quests should still be completed via TTT). This could be done by having quests go from challenges scroll like quests then scaling up to quests like get 6 kills in one round with 6 different gun types to survive X amount of rounds on Survive - Defeat Grims - Defeat IOD, Defeat Castle,  Defeat Catbug, Collect 15 basses from fishing, defeat/ "participate" in 5 kraken events, ...etc. You get the point.

This I feel this would give further incentive  to actually partake in all of the FRG content and encourage more newcomers into the community.... as well as make monthlies not completely RNG.

+1

Biggest
Nerd
Find

(10-24-2019, 03:16 AM)Mr. Many Wrote:  I believe that the monthly system should be re-worked. I don't think monthlies should be rewarded as a random drops even if there are many ways for them to be obtained it is still very possible to have played everyday of the month and not obtain one (or at least it feels that way).  

I understand that monthlies are meant to keep the game refreshed and increase player activity however I believe a more rewarding way would be to introduce a system like with dailies except we have a monthly quest line.  The quest lines should include and encompass all parts of FRG, (though most of the quests should still be completed via TTT). This could be done by having quests go from challenges scroll like quests then scaling up to quests like get 6 kills in one round with 6 different gun types to survive X amount of rounds on Survive - Defeat Grims - Defeat IOD, Defeat Castle,  Defeat Catbug, Collect 15 basses from fishing, defeat/ "participate" in 5 kraken events, ...etc. You get the point.

Edit: Reward should include the current month's monthly.

This I feel this would give further incentive  to actually partake in all of the FRG content and encourage more newcomers into the community.... as well as make monthlies not completely RNG.

https://forerunnergaming.org/forums/showthread.php?tid=8494

Check the poll results. Basically, them being guaranteed ruins the market value of them, which will also kill the drive for people wanting to even obtain them. It's not as cool to get a guaranteed version of something as dropping something worth a bunch of coins. Them being guaranteed may end up just serving to devalue their unique/sought after factor.

Not that making it guaranteed is really a bad idea, it doesn't seem to be what the majority entirely wants.
Find

I dont think thats enough to tell the true opinion of the userbase. The forum users are a small percent compared to the actual players.

The poll itself is a very close vote anyway.  (I dont think another method to drop monthlies is a bad idea, it was planned for them to come back anyway, doesnt have to be same rarity as first monthlies)

Edit: ~ Monthly Rewind ~
A mysterious crate that pulls an item from another time.

Every previous monthly but current months monthly will exist in droptable, some might have different weight when it comes to rolling them.
"Closest thing I have had to alcohol is chocolate milk... Don't quote me on that!"
"Please somebody use this as a signature to remember this day."-Catbug
Find