Hi there Guest,  
Sign in here: Login through Steam

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

What would you like to see on the server?

(10-16-2019, 01:21 AM)Smurfo Wrote:  -Look at what other servers are doing and take notes, there are a lot of successful servers out there right now like moat(whatever your opinion on moat is, you cant deny its the biggest server atm. and idk how its still up but somehow it is), crescent relaunched and it looks great and i'm sure they have a booming playerbase with lots of donations coming in.

Moat got big from sheer numbers of servers, scummy ping tactics, gambling, and lucky 'right place right time' advertising. Unfortunate, but true. GMOD went on sale and due to the ping spoofing, theirservers were at the top of the server browser for a huge influx of players. I was frankly stunned by the amount of 'new ttt players' that came from there, these players who didn't even know how to do basic binds. Blew my mind.

But keep in mind, I've been doing this since 2012. Moat himself was a long time player of my content, he took notes from me(and FRG/NTG), and in fact worked with my own code on NTG for a number of months before he started moat gaming TTT. He went in a different, more casual, more gamble-house/mindless direction (no offense). It worked, but that's not something I'd like to mimic, though I will admit I've seen a couple of nice QoL things from there. I'm proud of what I've done here.

My releases take time because I put a lot of thought and work in the things I do, I don't like to half ass throw out something in a couple of hours, and my new content isn't typically just item renames, also rarely do I re-use content for easy updates(I do it occasionally when I'm pressed for time). I could very well do that, but I've made literally thousands of things now.

About newer servers - anything new in the Inventory community will attract attention when enough people are talking about it - at first. I bet I could have a full server or two if I used my systems, gave it a new look, and hit the reset button and started up a few new servers using it, even while keeping some of the same items between them.

People crave that feeling of awe and everyone being on equal footing, when it's exciting to get stuff because no one knows much about anything available. That feeling fades over time, and that's where the true test is if your community will make it or not.

Just a couple of thoughts there, but to get back on topic: This thread isn't about competitor servers, I always just liked to do my own thing and didn't pay much attention to other servers, if they innovate something and take it to the next level, ttt wise, I'll be interested, but other than looking at better looking UI and maybe some QoL stuff, I just don't really care and would rather do my own thing like I've been doing for the past 7 years. Thanks for the input though.
Find

Messages In This Thread
RE: What would you like to see on the server? - Brassx - 10-16-2019, 03:19 AM