Hi there Guest,  
Sign in here: Login through Steam

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

What would you like to see on the server?

(10-16-2019, 10:48 AM)Brassx Wrote:  Feeding off of a suggestion here I could pretty easily make modifiers to events, chosen at random every so often.

So I could make a bunch of random modifiers with things like -
  • -x% Max Health
  • -x% Mobility
  • All enemies can ignite/poison/(random DoT chosen upon modifier gen) upon contact.
  • -x% Reload speed
  • etc etc

and then get more fancy/crazy with combinations and have a few different tiers -
  • -80% Max Health, +50% Mobility, -30% Damage. (Would be some kinda 'ninja' sim)
  • +80% damage, get -80% mobility for 30 seconds after shooting, or while you're aggro'd by an enemy (so you can still make jump gaps for IoD)

With each event having its own challenges are chosen per day, or a week, whichever I decide (or both). Could even have you guys suggest modifiers/modifier types, as long as they aren't too crazy I can do it all modular and not have to go in every event and modify core code. I just upload my system and it hooks into damage functions, stat applications, player spawns and applies the modifiers.

Upon completing an event with a mod (you'll probably queue from it from some UI on the lobby), you won't get extra loot from the event itself, but you will get 'loot bags' from each event that can contain uniques from the event, as well as various other things? I.e. "Tier 1 IOD Loot Bag" Tier 1 meaning easiest difficulty modifier, this way you guys can save them up and open 'em all at an unboxing event or something(no roll animation).

I would not be opposed to this, in fact, I have discussed this with one of my teams while were trying to make conversation in IOD. We are not composed of long-time players, but we talked about how IOD is very monotonous just the same thing over and over and doesn't change at all except for maybe a random bug or 20-minute plug/seeker runs.

Maybe there could be a weekly preset along with an associated new godlike for each different preset.
Using IOD as the example maybe we could have a hardcore week of IOD where rare loot drops are increased, but we have increased speed, reload, rate of fire, or damage BUT everyone has 20% health or 1% where if you get damaged you die in one hit. A preset could be a weekly thing choosing from a random set of presets every week. (Maybe the crates in the P90 chest could be altered as well and old crates expired crates could be swapped in, like on a hardcore iod week rare crates like christmas or easter are added in if not a new godlike, since godlikes and unique items take a lot more time to make.

(Aside from events, I think the addition of a new flashback type crate to weekly iods could be added something where instead of expired godlikes dropping from it, it drops expired monthlys{ dropping expired monthly allows to keep crafting rare monthly craftables like rainbow beam and maybe there could be when combined new misc masterworks like beam cata + war banner = aoe plasma shield that reflects or aoe long jump, it's just an example to show what I mean}

I think it is a could be an idea to provide a small amount of change for a short period of time (like a distraction ya know?), however, I don't think it should be a replacement or anything else more of a feature change that makes the event a bit more interesting for the time being.

Also more (but different) minigames and a new crate (maybe one of those weekly iod exclusives that has a chance to drop expired minigame tokens)

(Also I totally didn't see what you said about loot bags but when I say crate it can also be loot bag, the idea is similar)
Find

Messages In This Thread
RE: What would you like to see on the server? - Little Red Riding Mark - 10-16-2019, 12:01 PM