Hi there Guest,  
Sign in here: Login through Steam

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

[Nerf] Winter's Howl

(01-07-2020, 01:00 PM)Beebee1303 Wrote:  Yea the bug is when you have any stability buff it must multiply it to the point of no recoil. You can see in terran's video he got a stability buff right before shooting it. When I was testing it, I would have shit recoil and no recoil when I used my warbanner or sag ccd. Seems to last as long as you're alive.

At least with my testing I got this
Do you think people are abusing this without reporting it? I sadly have no videos, but I've been on one tower sniping on gm_construct and someone at spawn has sprayed me down with a Winters' Howl. This has happened on many other maps too.
Do you know when I get stability buff during that clip? I must have missed it, maybe someone shared +sag with me or something?

I just used my howl scoped in with a shock absorb. it def has zero recoil when scoped in but the gun is innacurate af. there is no way you can snipe someone accross map. even someone mid range you wil miss a lot of bullets because its so innacuarte.
Find

(01-07-2020, 07:39 PM)Jake1o Wrote:  I just used my howl scoped in with a shock absorb. it def has zero recoil when scoped in but the gun is innacurate af. there is no way you can snipe someone accross map. even someone mid range you wil miss a lot of bullets because its so innacuarte.
I don't know what to say, I'm just going on my personal experience. It definitely shot across a map, but this was before a supposed friday stealth nerf I never heard about (forums lurker). That could be it possibly, but not sure. I usually use my AUG at that range so I was greatly surprised to find people shooting back with the howl and actually destroying me.
Find

seems that brass fixed now, the gun has hella recoil.
given this, i feel like these previous nerfs should be reverted. They were nerfed for complaints that were probably brought about by the gun having little recoil due to the bug. As it is now, the accuracy and stability are pretty bad, even with shock absorb.
Being a honey badger base, i feel like it does not deserve this much recoil, not to mention the crap accuracy.
Here is a Howl (left) and a Creepy Honey Badger (right) bullet spread from a medium distance.
they're just about the same, if not the howl being a little worse.
and here again from far-ish (across the 2 walls of arena).
I'd like to mention that the honey badger has a base -10 accuracy and the howl has a base +10.

I'm not asking for it to have no recoil and great accuracy, but like, for a gun with a long range scope, let it be usable long range.

edit: after testing with a joyful honey badger, it literally has more recoil than a honey badger with -50 stability.

The trait on it is extremely strong, so I feel like that's a good balance. If you get hit with the "slow your aiming" trait you're dead, donezo, goner. There's pretty much no way to fight back. Plus, the chance to trigger is super high.
Find

(01-08-2020, 03:00 AM)Terran Wrote:  The trait on it is extremely strong, so I feel like that's a good balance. If you get hit with the "slow your aiming" trait you're dead, donezo, goner. There's pretty much no way to fight back. Plus, the chance to trigger is super high.

i dont think so imo. the trait fucks me over more than anything. i'll be shooting someone then they get yeeted to the side and fuck me up.

(01-08-2020, 03:10 AM)Alex Summers Wrote:  
(01-08-2020, 03:00 AM)Terran Wrote:  The trait on it is extremely strong, so I feel like that's a good balance. If you get hit with the "slow your aiming" trait you're dead, donezo, goner. There's pretty much no way to fight back. Plus, the chance to trigger is super high.

i dont think so imo. the trait fucks me over more than anything. i'll be shooting someone then they get yeeted to the side and fuck me up.

I actually agree with this 100%. Sometimes them being flung screw's up my aim. I kinda agree, since the recoil nerfs were based off a bug, maybe they should be reverted, and just see how it is when its actually normal? Idk.

I didn't mean the part it sucks you in, that part sucks. The "slowing down your mouse movement" is incredibly strong. 1 in 7 chance to ruin someone's day.
Find

yeah the trait that pulls people toward you can definitely fuck you over. I was confused because that isn't the trait terran was talking about. i see now.
Find

(01-08-2020, 07:50 AM)Jake1o Wrote:  yeah the trait that pulls people toward you can definitely fuck you over. I was confused because that isn't the trait terran was talking about. i see now.
It could be a really cool trait if used well. Like, honestly, I'd see that trait swapped with the DOW's lightning balls because it benefits a sniper a lot more. Drag people off edges or hinder their ability to run, not really great for such a close range weapon. But getting hit by the "your cursor is now slowed" is an absolute death sentence, even if I try to push my mouse to its fastest.
Find