Hi there Guest,  
Sign in here: Login through Steam

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Buff Dimension Crystal/Blaze Crystal/Unused ones

Crystals are cool, but with things like Vitality, Djinn, Reload and sometimes Shock Absorb, people don't really have any variety. Its a shame, because some are just defunct. Here's a few proposed changes and why they should be a thing:

Dimension Crystal - Everyone spawns with 3 or 4 magazines of ammo, potentially 100+, which just makes this crystal pointless. A proposed change:
50% chance to add a spent bullet back to your RESERVES.

Blaze Crystal - While it has its uses, there are so many suffixes and better crystals in the game there's almost no point to using this. People may argue that its good vs phoenix or etc, but the only times I use it is on Dragon Rounds. While its a strong crystal, its so selective in its use that using it is...pointless. A change:
Lowers Explosive/Fire damage by 65%, and heals you for 25% of the damage taken.

Jump Crystal/Gravity Crystal/Fall Damage - These crystals do have a use, but they're not really USEFUL. They could be different. Instead, why not combine them into one crystal? The effects are minimal enough. I.E: You'd jump higher, have slightly less gravity and take decently less fall damage. This could be useful combined with a number of things.

Now, POSSIBLY an ENTIRELY different idea is that these crystals are put into a new category, temporary name "shit" or something. They can be used in COMBINATION with the Crystal Synergizer and the obviously better crystals. So, yes. Possibly 3 crystals at once is what I'm proposing, but the third can only ever be one of the more "mediocre" crystals. (If this was implemented, then don't combine the jump/gravity/fall damage crystals of course).
Find

doesn't blaze crystal just fuck the damage that dragon does to you?
Find

I do agree most of these crystals are useless.

I think being able to upgrade the weaker crystals by crafting some together would be cool like:

(Blaze + Rebounding) = Endurance Crystal: resistance to all environmental damage (fire. fall damage, drowning, etc.) + maybe some effect after you take environmental damage?

(Gravity + Jump) = Floating Crystal: combines the effect of both/maybe strengthens them too.

I think Dimension is alright in its current state but maybe a buff would do it some good.

(01-19-2020, 10:53 PM)Danger Wrote:  I do agree most of these crystals are useless.

I think being able to upgrade the weaker crystals by crafting some together would be cool like:

(Blaze + Rebounding) = Endurance Crystal: resistance to all environmental damage (fire. fall damage, drowning, etc.) + maybe some effect after you take environmental damage?

(Gravity + Jump) = Floating Crystal: combines the effect of both/maybe strengthens them too.

I think Dimension is alright in its current state but maybe a buff would do it some good.

this is my idea thank you danger Smile
Find

I like the 3rd idea, and in fact that gives me a new suggestion. Nerf the Crystal Syn. Instead of having a "shit" category in the loadout, the Crystal Syn should have placement of good and shit crystals. so vit, reload, bunny, dimension = good, grav, jump, blaze = shit.
Find

(01-19-2020, 10:53 PM)Danger Wrote:  I do agree most of these crystals are useless.

Cooler than the thread I made. I like this idea. But I do think dimension is marginally useless; even if you run out of your starter ammo, most people don't so there's tons of ammo on the map.
Find

I like how crystals are since theres the meta crystals (Djinn, Reload, Vitality, etc) then theres specific crystals which arent necessarily used nor as good all the time, but have situational uses which I really like the idea of being able to min/max specific scenarios and try new things using specific crystals.

Possible Changes to Crystals Which i think would be nice

-Make Crystal synergizer have an extra slot for rare or below rarity crystals.

-Slight buff to dimensions crystal refill, not much is needed, but maybe a slight buff
(i dont know the numbers, but sometimes when unloading on people and turning a corner a bit later I notice im lacking a good bit of ammo still, which I dont pay attention to until I die since I trusted in my crystal)

-Buff to all the non-meta crystals such as grav (Idk how well it is against dragons but maybe a slight buff if it wouldnt hurt too bad since it already has a pretty strong niche)

-Have a crafted crystal called like "Elemental Crystal" which would have a recipe of 2 of rare or lower crystals and 1 of all the other rare or below crystals. Such that 1 crystal would be just as if not 5% more effective as the base version, where the others are all slightly nerfed so that you can still min/max situationally. ( all the resistance crystals tho, no dimension/reload)
Find

I'd still like to see a way to "Upgrade" the crystal synergizer to allow you to equip a third crystal. Like Feach said, Rare or below. Perhaps the new Forerunner Fragments could be used in a way?

Barring that, still, being able to combine old crystals would be neat. You could bring back the Crystal shop (The forerunner fragments one) that sells "combo" crystals. I.E you might find a Blaze+Dimension, or a Gravity+Rebounding, or even a Reload+Shock Absorb. These would cost, of course, forerunner fragments and could randomly show up. It'd be minor but cool.

Pls buff old crystals so I don't JUST use protection/djinn.
Find