Hi there Guest,  
Sign in here: Login through Steam

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Addition of Traitor and Detective Weapons

I brainstormed some ideas and weapons and thought up some ideas for Traitors and detectives that would introduce some new diversity to these menus since TTT is an integral part of obtaining newer players to FRG and sometimes the inventory system and its items can make it unmotivating to continue playing especially for players short on "luck" and want to use a cool weapon or just simply have fun in TTT without those items. (A bit a of a different topic than what I'm suggesting here) Enjoy!

We'll Start with the Detectives since they tend to receive the shorter end of the stick when it comes to menu diversity. (They are very difficult to come up with cooler ideas)

Detectives

-Active Defuser
The Detective is undetectable by radars and disabled mines if they walk within their detection radius (Bombs are described below)
-Grenades thrown by other players are all disabled if this is active and the detective is near the explosive before it goes off
-When grenades or something is disabled the same sound as destroying a C4 is played along with the sparks on the item that is defused's location.

-Riot Shield
-The Detective is given a full-body Riot Shield that blocks all damage coming from the front
-Mouse2: Shield Bash
The detective is able to shield bash causing massive screen shake and blurred vision.
-Activation shield bash moves the shield out of the way causing the detective to be vulnerable only for the animation it is activated; not the duration of the screen shake and blurred vision for enemies that is not a part of the shield bash animation.

Drone:
-The Drone is equipped with a Camera allowing the detective to scout other areas of the map while hidden in a corner.
-The Drone can be activated while crouched
-The Drone can drop a shock grenade directly below its location affecting all players traitors and innocents
-The Drone is able to ID bodies and shoot players for 2 damage a hit. It shoots lightweight pellets is the idea at a rate of 15 shots a second with no recoil and 100% accuracy and no reloading.
-The Drone can be destroyed; Has 100 health

The detective receives a Remote Control as the item and can swap between drone and player vision by holding R with the Remote active.

Random Class: Investigator
Buffs:
-The DNA Scanner is able to be used at a distance
-The Player is able to see footprints of the person they receive DNA on
-The Detective is Cloaked from Radars making them undetectable by traitors
-The Player is given a "Gas Mask" aka they are immune to all poisons such as Gas Grenade

Items:
-UMP Prototype is given
-Binoculars
-Drone

Random Class: Physicist
Buffs:
-The Player is able to dash
-Moon Gravity is received (Equivalent to Gravity Crystal)
-50% less Fall Damage
- 50% less damage to explosives
+100% damage dealt via Newton Launcher
-Players damaged by the detective with this class receive moon gravity for 15 seconds

Items:
-Newton Launcher
-Teleporter

Traitors:

Antlion Beam:
-The Player is given a rifle that shoots 1 laser.
-When the Laser makes contact with a player the player is given a 20 second time period before they are turned into an antlion
-1 damage is received as a separate indicator of being affected.
-Players infected recieve a notification saying they have been infected by a parasite and will mutate in 20 seconds.

-After 20 seconds the player turns into an antlion AI (no control over the antlion purely an NPC)
-there is a 1/3 chance for that player to turn into an antlion Guard
-Antlions can infect other players turning them into antlions along with a 1/3 chance to turn into an antlion guard.
-Antlions can detect and run after players across the map, but they prioritize the player closest to them.
-Antlion Guards cannot infect players and deal 35 damage a hit + high knockback.
-Antlion units (basic antlions) deal 30 damage a hit + antlion parasite

(Used to have this weapon on a different server a long long time ago; it was my favorite weapon so I have high hopes on this specific suggestion, made the game really fun)

Slams/Laser Tripwire Mines:
-Just as the name says
-Tripwire mines you can place against walls, ceilings, and floors
-You are able to place them on anything that has a surface
-Includes props (Can be placed on props)
-Deal Explosive Damage to a small radius in front of the mine.
-The radius is large enough to kill multiple players if they are walking close enough together
-Deals 200 damage to the closest players.
-The player is given 2 slams when bought from the traitor shop and more can be bought afterwards

Freeze Bombs/Mines:
-These Bombs freeze people into their ragdolls, but protects (reduces damage) them from most forms of damage
-These Bombs can be placed on the ground like a mine using right click and can be attached to any surface
-In Mine form, they are proximity-based not laser-based like Tripwire Slams. When a player gets too close they can be frozen along with players farther away but within the area of effect even if they are not within the area of activation

-all Bullet Damage to Frozen players is reduced by 75%
-Traits can Proc
-Explosive Damage deals +50% to Frozen Players
-Fire Damage removes the frozen effect.
-On initiation, 35 damage is dealt to frozen players
-Melees Deal +100% more damage to frozen players
-The player receives 1 when bought from the Traitor Shop

Here is an image of how I view it working

Shock Bombs:
-These Function Similar to the Tesla Coils from Voltaic V10 except they dont deal the same damage and involve a different effect.
-These Bombs Stay Active and can be placed as a mine on a wall (Stay active as mine, henceforth more effective)
-These bombs can be thrown but do not stay active if thrown; When thrown they only cause the visual effect for 5 seconds and slowness and cause players to drop their currently active item.
-Only one shock bomb can be received from the Traitor menu at a time.

-Shock Bombs upon activation cause players to drop their currently wielded weapon automatically swapping them to holster
-In other words these bombs are what the Joyful Trait originally was for those unaware and familiar with the original trait.
-In mine form, they must be destroyed from a distance via shooting or by click on them providing a prompt to disable them.
-They do not effect traitors, only innocents and detectives
-They deal 1 damage a tick with 5 ticks a second
-Players within the radius a slowed until they leave
-A minuscule visual effect should be applied, but nothing major like engraved or "shocked" from zeus.

Gas Grenade
-The player is able to throw a gas grenade that obscures vision and deals Damage over time

-The Gas Grenade functions the best the smaller the room
-The rate of Damage of the Gas Grenade increases the smaller the room
(So if used outside in a map like gm_contruct the gas grenade deals minimal damage)
-When used inside a building the grenade depletes health at a faster rate

Random Class: "Sabetour Class"
-The User is given multiple explosives and a few buffs

Buffs:
-90% less damage received from all explosives (Enough to make it possible to survive a C4 or Tripmine up close)
-given +10% mobility
-The user is able to climb up walls for 5 seconds (Like better shurikens)
-Holding Shift allows the user to cling to a wall/surface for an unlimited amount of time; allowing them to place a mine against that wall or ceiling.
-50% less fall damage is recieved
-The user is given an "Active Cloaking Device" which activates if "ALT" is held for 2 seconds giving full invisibility even while performing an action like moving.

Items Recieved:
-5 Tripwire mines
-2 Freeze Bombs
-2 C4
-2 Gas Grenades
-3 Door Busters
-4 Spring Pads

Random Class: Demo-man/Bomber
-The player receives a Grenade launcher with all the bombs below; and a few buffs

Items Recieved:
-2 Fire bombs
-Grenade Launcher (See the image below; From Nexon)
-2 Shock Bombs
-2 Freeze Bombs
-2 Gravity Nades
-2 Discombobulators

Buffs:
-75% less damage from explosives
-75% less damage from Fire
-25% less knockback

Grenade Launcher can be used to shoot any bomb received (as shown above) to be shot at a long distance and the bomb activates upon impact.
-Reloading is not necessary; however the player will have to tap R to change grenades
-Direct impacts deal 50 damage (no headshot damage)

Possibility/Not imperative at all:
As a bonus ,bombs (Freeze and Shock only) can be received has a grenade mod. Treated as a global drop from TTT and Dailies with very low chances of obtaining much higher than monthly chances and Harmless egg, but still a possible drop.