Hi there Guest,  
Sign in here: Login through Steam

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Make Abyssal Not Trash

Just do what I do people, I don't do lobby bosses at all. None of 'em. I'd rather play TTT and have fun. If you can't beat it, then keep practicing or just...don't fight it?
Find

Just get good lul -Brassx
Find

Seems like brass already made his mind up of not reverting it so posting here is useless. Regardless, I fought it after the nerf and yeah it sucks ass. Everyones logic is "omg it gives good loot you shouldn't be able to win consistently" is retarded, you should be able to master a boss and not rely on rng to get a win. Especially considering one bad attack and you can die. If this nerf retains he needs to lose his one shot kill lunge ability. The only way to dodge that previously was with the dodge, and now the dash is shitty so. My main problem is I actually went from actually doing decently well on this boss, and enjoying it and now I will probably rarely ever do it because it's just simply not fun losing to an rng attack

boss is really easy still and completely beatable even without dash.
Find

(02-13-2020, 02:19 AM)hockeyfn Wrote:  Seems like brass already made his mind up of not reverting it so posting here is useless. Regardless, I fought it after the nerf and yeah it sucks ass. Everyones logic is "omg it gives good loot you shouldn't be able to win consistently" is retarded, you should be able to master a boss and not rely on rng to get a win. Especially considering one bad attack and you can die. If this nerf retains he needs to lose his one shot kill lunge ability. The only way to dodge that previously was with the dodge, and now the dash is shitty so. My main problem is I actually went from actually doing decently well on this boss, and enjoying it and now I will probably rarely ever do it because it's just simply not fun losing to an rng attack

The current dash is plenty to dodge the flail attack, with relative ease if you know its tracking points, but what do I know, I didn't spend hours upon hours upon hours designing, testing, and doing the math for every attack for the boss to ensure every attack is indeed dodgeable. This boss is one of the LEAST rng bosses we have behind the scenes. It has preset attack patterns, preset attack hitboxes, lots of build up for the attacks, and doesn't continue to follow you around the arena like others. (It doesn't walk or run around, it attacks, pauses, attacks, pauses, etc). Most bosses are just 100% random with no patterns at all.

Some of you are without a doubt overreacting and being too stubborn to maybe rethink/relearn how you fight it, though I understand it. The dash was a giant crutch and was NOT intentional, It doesn't take more than an extra thought to realize that, if I wanted people flying across the arena, I'd keep beams enabled full force, or let you dash after jumping. It's obvious by the fact you had to dash, then jump RIGHT AFTER to go that far, that it is unintentional and a bug. If hard is too much of a struggle, go back to normal, and work your way back up 'till you get used to the new dash. No flail attack there.

Again, the entire boss was designed without a dash mechanic. Also saying "no boss should require specific items" is absolutely absurd. MOBILITY being useful on something other than TTT is a big plus. FRG been like that for ages, lightweight, swift, etc all used to be meta guns for bosses because the mobility. I don't see why adapting by using different items, to make it easier for yourself is bad. It's literally the point of having various items.
Find

I beat abyssal with a huge present just to see if it could be done, if you bring a lightweight secondary and switch when you need to dodge it works. My internet is big poopoo and I am constantly lagging on lobby and TTT. After like 3 days of fighting it everyday when off cooldown, I could still defeat him through the immense lag by still being able to react to the familiar patterns. First win took me like 2 hours of attempts (I chipped didnt even know to shoot the cubes) then after that it just got easier and easier. Practice it with patience, and just remember if it gets on your nerves just take a small break, the cooldown ensures you'll get another chance.

TL DR- Always use rifles on bosses!
Find