Hi there Guest,  
Sign in here: Login through Steam

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Revamp Minigames

**MINIGAME REVAMP**
Idea: What can be done to bring back minigames, with some excitement to even the awful players who place last in every event.

What to do:
- Bring out a new crate that features items of all the mini games; Call it the "Game Crate" or "Minigame Crate"
- Modify and tweak EVERY previous minigamea
- Implement locked mini games such as gungame into the default rotation of minigames
- Create new unique items for unimplemented minigames

What should the crate contain?:
- Every unique droppable from every minigame; Featuring items such as:

Coins : Coins 250~550 (It should profit a bit)

Legendary : Cat Ears cosmetic item

Legendary : New Hunter cosmetic; Very faint smoke trail

Prim : Blessed Tier ( Gun Game Drop; Similar to Ectoplasmic except it steals pure stats temporarily; including the negative stats Smile )

Prim : Bouncy Tier

Prim : Savage Tier

Prim : New OBC Secondary item (P28 Pistol with -80% firerate but an enormous knock back stat, Like a newton launcher)

Godlike : OBC cosmetic item

Godlike : Moonlord pet item

Godlike : New Longsword Melee (A Durendal reskinned with 35% range, 60~ damage, -10% firerate) + A right click ability to hold up a trident-like shield for 3 seconds that deflects all incoming damage from that direction.

Godlike : New Starwars Pistol (Blaster; A Pistol reskinned that shoots finality-like bullets with a chance to cripple enemies - Slowing for 30% and dealing 1 damage every 2 seconds for 30 seconds.

Godlike : BloodSurge

How can the minigames be modified and tweaked?
- OBC - Give everyone a newton launcher and -50% Gravity

- Bouncy - Anyone hit becomes bouncy for 5 seconds, Essentially moonboots but uncontrollable for a moment.

- Star wars - Scale the score by damage not kills.

- Vampire round - Grant Vampire 10 second damage resistance at the beginning. Vampire is immune to all vision-impairing, mobility-impairing, camera shake-impairing traits.

- Moonlord - Buff the primary ability, Nerf the ulti 1 shotting a crowd, Make it so that the player chosen to be moonlord cannot spawn within a range of objects.

- Hunter - Give hunter, vampire vision, remove the objectives and make the hunter leave a trail behind; Hunter round takes way too long, this is the primary reason people dislike it.

- Gungame - As it implies, Add gungame to the rotation

- Cat TDM - As it implies, a round of team death match with the m30w gun.

- Spider - I cannot think of a way to make this more enjoyable for either side of the team. (Remove it from normal rotation)

Notes:
I find that minigames concept weren't necessarily the problem to people disliking them but the loot primarily, Most people receive near to nothing for almost every minigame they participate in.
I've placed 1st on a ton of star wars rounds, vampire boss rounds, leading in a lot of the minigames and in total I've received less than about 50 crates, Some of the worst crates that yield almost no profit and see that most people would rather just play TTT if it's not going to be worth atleast the time to play it; Considering lucky leg crates are way more profitable and doing dailies too.

I definitely agree to most of these (add Venomous and Draconic to the Prim list with much lower rarities than the rest of the prims).

I disagree to the Long sword ability. Reflection should stick to beam sword and mirror shield for now. Instead have a massive damage reduction from all directions for a couple seconds/ however long the ability is active and a -35% deploy speed (or reduced mobility) (for 5 seconds) on all swapped weapons when the "guard"/damage reduction is activated. (Avoids quick swapping from defensive state to offensive).

Additional Items to the crate should be post-round drops (not including godlikes) like Chronos Revenge, Reasurrance, Gory, and a higher chance for suffixes on normal items.

For the OBC "secondary" go with a star wars modeled gun like Boba Fett's EE-3 (Base as a famas since its burst) or Han Solo's DL-44 Blaster as a secondary/primary (ee-3) with scopes. They would also use a function similar to Azeurth/Excelerated where they have to cooldown instead of reload.

Additionally, I recommend adding minigame tokens as a very rare chance (About the rate at which cookies are from presents) to come from the crate maybe add tokens for expired minigames too. As discussed here for minigames not yet implemented like gun-game turn them into tokens that can come from this crates. As well as Spider Pheromones and A Dragon Scale for Dragon rounds and a "Vile of Blood" for Vampire rounds and a "Celestial Pillar" as a moonlord spawner since He spawns from the defeat of all 4 celestial pillars in Terraria. (as a possibility; but with a longer cooldown period than normal tokens)

Lastly, As a moonlord godlike item instead of a pet add the Meowmere as an item: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1595119068
Meowmere is a sword from Terraria that can be dropped from moonlord. As a passive ability, when paired with M3OW. The Meowmere and M3OW gain a faster firerate, slightly increased damage, and better accuracy. The cooldown period for hyperdrive is also decreased when Meowmere is equipped. For its abilities you could make it similar to what it is in Terraria as well as 1 additional unique trait. The Meowmere can cause cat scratch fever, but not the cat pictures, and its unique ability would be to play Nyan Cat (the old youtube song) increasing jump height by 500% for 10 seconds on proc as well as warning the opponent that Jumping may kill them.
Find

First, and most important I think make them rarer since its droprates feels so low compared to average droprates. So maybe make it a 1/10-1/100 depending on leaderboard position with the spawnchance being like a 1/50 - 1/100.
-About what mystery said-
Spider Queen fine imo, I think no one really hated it unless you just got fucked early so maybe half the dmg, but double or triple the hp (triple since the kill pressure of spider queen would be severly hit by this, so even tho on paper the damage is half you cant just shred someone as easily)

Cat TDM sounds cool, expecially since its involving a monthly, so for newer players or those who havent used it much it would be super cool just to try it out and be like "wow this is a cool gun, damn I didnt know this gun was actually cool/fun"

Gungame- Too long, many people are here for TTT and just wanna farm dailies, this would make them upset. (and if it only had like 5 tiers, it would be hella dumb since it would start and just end)

Hunter- The problem with hunter is if you get picked off you just get shredded but the hunter has a hard time fighting if multiple people are stacked together so objectives gave people a reason to move and made it so that the hunter would be able to find opportunities to engage, because of this I would always farm the objective and usually get near top score from it which was nice since the damage on hunter is so random since hes invisible and doesnt have the highest hp. Therefore, maybe just remove or change to a sniper with like 500 hp and a sniper rifle that left a marker for 5 seconds or something and had the ability to climb and stick to walls.

Moonlord- I think this is fine, maybe give him a egg tp or something so he doesnt just get gangbanged in a close range map since the primary way people win in moonlord is kill a few people then let the respawned people shred the survivors, or stall and make them hunt you and pick em off when they do.

Vampire- This is a super fine round, its super skill dependant since you see where they are and can decide how to engage, where to engage, and how to avoid.

Star Wars- Im not the biggest fan of this, but its meh. Maybe make this a more objective based round where you try to jump and kill floating orbs or something (Ik its kinda like Mirage Bat), it just gets old fast imo

Bouncy- I dont think this is a minigame with much of a problem, but maybe make it so if no one takes damage for 5 seconds, it has a radar ping so that people dont just camp and spam balls with no reason to stop.

Obc- this is kinda a chill round, maybe just make the OBC drop timebased instead of how it currently is. So that everyone gets OBC after 1 minute and give them a radar with 20 seconds ping so that you dont get 4+ minute obc rounds where people cant find each other even after obcs are given.

Your obc unique seems like basically shit deimos, I feel like that would be a waste of an item. Maybe make it more of a anti-obc weapon, that removes things (So an active that can remove a grenade after launch, or its effect, stop a obc by targeting the aoe mark and ending it preemptively canceling the OBC launch. (Would not negate Jihads and C4s since that seems too broker, whereas otherwise it would be kinda situational but super interesting. Probs too annoying to make tho)

For star wars blaster which i assume is for Star Wars TDM, if star wars tdm were to be re-added, maybe instead of having it cripple just make it a deagle with slightly lower dps, but like 20 clip that regens and give it the star wars shooting sound to make it super fun, and not annoying when your just crippled and waiting for death.

For the longsword, maybe make the reflect super situational so that it would work as a shield, and only have a reflect if you block perfectly so that the block mechanic would not be overused. Also as long as it doesnt do 80+ dmg in 1 tap so that any sort of damage boost would 1 tap, the rest should be fine (Im really not a big fan of 1 tapping melees, and its super annoying so id rather this be the case, but if its the only way to balance it be like that sometimes).

Giving every minigame an end round drop of a cosmetic, and then having the crate holding the minigame weapons would help keep the cosmetics rare and unique and not just runed'. But I think increasing the droprate of the uniques, and decreasing spawnrate would be cooler.

Blessed- As long as it steals stats from godlikes or above in addition to prims that would be fine. Maybe have its stats cap out at a certain % so that this would be possible. (Maybe like max 50% in all stats).

Why cat ears? Im so confused. But hunter cosmetic cool i guess. Cat ears fine too.

If this were to be a crate, and not just have them drop end round, making the crate a guaranteed drop for top 3 with around 3-5, and then have a chance to drop 1-2 for everyone else. (50% for 1, 25% for 2) With the prim droprates a bit higher than crystalized crates, and do not add to coinshop imo (unless its there for only day of release with a max of like 50 crates per person) because that would make the guns alot less special unless they are top tier. Look at eclipsed and all that, they are super fun but pretty much no one cares about them unless they are a 5 trait craft etc. (Maybe also because crescent aint guaranteed, but still eclipsed with crescent are super awesome and one of my favorite prims is a eclipsed glock, but not many care about eclipsed since they arent top tier.)

-In reference to marky mark-
Dont pair things with monthlies, unless brass confirms that monthlies will always rotate back, this would make it super annoying and hard since we dont have the population to sustain this, since some games/servers have the population that theres always gonna be floating product so that if you have enough money, even if you have to overpay, you can get what you want within a day or so. We dont have that leeway, ive definitely tried to buy rare shit randomly and been unable due to the guns not available and those with it just not trading when I am looking. (Hell ive even tried buying ghosts before and that took me a while).

Also Im not too big of a fan of the Meowmere, it just seems like a lame pixelated sword with a shit ton of random shiny shit. Expecially when the crescent unique trait is so cool (In my opinion of course) having like a sort of djinn fists, that is less of just some random bs and a moonlord themed thing with the crescent trait or something like that that more reflects moonlord would be cool. (Maybe even a gun with an active to do the Moonlord spam that does small damage, almost like irelia's old ultimate ability now that I think about it)

In addition, I dont think minigame tokens should exist. As long as the event isnt a limited time thing, there really isnt any need for it and it can make people super sick and annoyed of minigames when people just feel like unloading (even when theres a cd, the increased rate of minigames sucks sometimes when your just trying to play)
The reason why im all for cookies is because its rare, its a ended event, its optional, and on lobby (which adds to the optional). This means that it doesnt impact anyone who doesnt wanna do it, the most it can do is spam chat every 2 minutes if people are grinding it lmao.

For obc secondary, I feel like deimos would be perfect here, but that ship has sailed so whatever. I feel like star wars is so minimally related to obc that it doesnt belong as an obc drop, personally I believe drops from minigames and bosses that are specific and special should reflect that minigame and make you think "oh thats the {insert minigame} gun" instead of "Oh another guy using the star wars gun".
For obc I think a gun that would charge up based on damage dealt (every 100 gives 10 hp, 1 hp if the target has more than 2000 hp) and would explode when damage has not been dealt/taken for 5 seconds. (Wouldnt have a beam reaching up on the sky but would have the floor marker and more of a aoe explosion bubble. (This is super unique so it probs wont be added, but something more special that reflects obc would be cool).

The rest of what you said I agree with.
Find

^tl;dr

+1 Minigame Crate would be cool.
Maybe 1-3 for all players and 5-8 for the top players? Per minigame.
Here are some thoughts:

Coins     : Coins 250~550 (It should profit a bit)
(ok)

Legendary : Cat Ears cosmetic item
(already exists "Holo Ears")

Legendary : New Hunter cosmetic; Very faint smoke trail
(ok)

(maybe add something legendary?)

Prim      : Blessed Tier ( Gun Game Drop; Similar to Ectoplasmic except it steals pure stats temporarily; including the negative stats Smile )
(ok)

Prim      : Bouncy Tier
(ok)

Prim      : Savage Tier
(ok)

(Add Venemous & Dragonic Tier)

Prim      : New OBC Secondary item (P28 Pistol with -80% firerate but an enormous knock back stat, Like a newton launcher)
(I'd replace this with a Newton tier with a trait similar to the "Of Newton" suffix)

Godlike   : OBC Pet

Godlike   : Moonlord pet item
(I have no idea if Moonlord has a pet but he does have a unique weapon so that should be here.)
(I think pets should remain as drops)

Godlike   : New Longsword Melee (A Durendal reskinned with 35% range, 60~ damage, -10% firerate) + A right click ability to hold up a trident-like shield for 3 seconds that deflects all incoming damage from that direction.
(I'd make this a unique prim instead ^)

Godlike   : New Starwars Pistol (Blaster; A Pistol reskinned that shoots finality-like bullets with a chance to cripple enemies - Slowing for 30% and dealing 1 damage every 2 seconds for 30 seconds.
(kinda boring)

Godlike   : Bloodsurge
(ok)