Hi there Guest,  
Sign in here: Login through Steam

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

lobby suggetions

As of recently lobby has been filling up a lot more, a lot of people, fighting a lot of bosses, constantly. As i've experienced along side every other person that plays on a semi-regular basis, the lag. The lag is unreal, when lobby goes over 25 players you start rubber banding like crazy, doing anything other standing still is near impossible, its unimaginably frustrating.
Something i've been saying a lot recently. "why does lobby have 32 player cap if it cant handle 32 players?"
and thats exactly what this is about
why does lobby have a 32 player cap if it cant handle 32 players
what im about to suggest may be revolutionary, something never before imagined, but here it goes...

1. make lobby have a smaller player cap, the only problem to this is less players can play at once
1 (part 2). as a solution to number 1, make another lobby server, both with smaller player caps
2 (actual 2). make a vip lobby, 20 if not less player cap, vip only, access to all events there aswell. (maybe not lyrus or kraken)

Now, i can already hear complaints about these ideas, so ill try to back them up a little to the best of my abilities

there will be people complaining about a server of people on 1 or 2 farming lyrus or kraken but thats just how it is, its like farming a giveaway item, theres 3 servers, you can always switch (unless full) and thats the risk that will have to be taken.

i dont know the price of running another server so i cant comment on that.

And thats about it, would love to here feedback on this, if i missed or misspelled or just completely stroked on something my apologies.
chainy, chany, cheeny, cheesey, cheese, chebby, cheddy, kenny, chad, jeremy bentknee, bently, chendy bedendy, cheny deddy
Find

Quote:why does lobby have a 32 player cap if it cant handle 32 players

It can actually handle 32 players just fine. There's certain aspects that occur during 32 player fights that cause CPU spikes. Typically someone using projectile weapons causes a big spike in the usage. It's likely something else causing it now, but I managed to get 32 player krakens working fairly smoothly months ago, that's why the limit was changed back to 32 instead of 30. Just need to figure out what else is causing the majority of the CPU usage now.
Find

(02-20-2020, 10:06 PM)Brassx Wrote:  
Quote:why does lobby have a 32 player cap if it cant handle 32 players

It can actually handle 32 players just fine. There's certain aspects that occur during 32 player fights that cause CPU spikes. Typically someone using projectile weapons causes a big spike in the usage. It's likely something else causing it now, but I managed to get 32 player krakens working fairly smoothly months ago, that's why the limit was changed back to 32 instead of 30. Just need to figure out what else is causing the majority of the CPU usage now.

A lot of bosses are happening simultaneously. I know you're already aware of this, but having multiple people doing worm queen, lyrus, kraken, abyssal, BW, etc. all at once is killing the lobby server now. I personally got hit by lyrus during worm queen just the other day (No idea how, just saw a flame run through my WQ and I took 28 damage or something lol) and can confirm that multiple bosses are often running simultaneously. The fact that we also had a dead lyrus corpse permanently stuck in its dying animation is also worth looking at. Maybe there's a loop there that doesn't end, even after he's died.

EDIT: In hindsight, Lyrus *might* be the issue overall. If everything else is working as intended, it would make sense that Lyrus would be the issue, given the current loot buffs, higher interest in Lyrus, and CD reduction on eggs.
Find

could move lyrus arena abit further away but also can set the limit to 2 WQ and have it so you can only do either Kraken or lyrus, if one is active the other cant be spawned. also having one Aslyum arena since it isn't that new and i dont ever see more then 2 ppl do it at the same time.
Find