Hi there Guest,  
Sign in here: Login through Steam

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Mauimods' toxicity

-1 mauimods banters with players a lot and I enjoy it most of the time, he may take it too far from time to time but it’s more annoying then toxic really. Most of the time his insults are clearly memes “I bet you have a small penis” “baby cry” which is extremely mild compared to the majority of the servers behaviour.

If you think he’s annoying and don’t enjoy his banter then block him, but the “evidence” shown here is laughable 90% of the server says the same shit if not worse to players.

I have fallen victim to the crossfire shit a lot and it’s annoying but he is definitely not the only person who does it. I think their needs to be more clarification in the rules to what is considered “crossfire” and what is blatantly shooting through somebody to kill a traitor. As well there needs to be a rule to not join gunfights unless somebody is kosed before hand.
Find

It seems like people say that he's fine and some say he's toxic or rdm-happy towards others. His "toxic but joking" personality is okay by some, but others (usually people who don't know him) are going to take offense to that. I don't understand that personality really at all and why people do it, but it seemed like it rubbed off wrong on a few. I haven't seen the "crossfire" rdm in person, or taken it myself, but if most people are ticked off by it then I would say it's only to a select few (targeting?).

Now with my view on him, I see him argue with people a good amount of times, and it being a normal argument to him harassing the other person. I've also heard him exploit and try to not take the fault for it.

You can have the argument and say just block him, but this isn't some 100,000 concurrent player game where blocking someone is going to get replaced with a whole match of new players later. We're a small community and you're going to see that person from time to time again, I rather see whatever disagreement gets resolved instead of instant !block with the mindset of "I'm right your wrong" (I don't get how people can insta block on that, seems extremely immature and petty).
The "toxic funny but im joking" thing is a part of a few people. If you're being toxic towards someone and they take offense to it, nothing will change if you say "it's just a joke". You said it already, you can't undo it even if you truly were joking.

This reply went a few directions, but I would like to see a decision on it, rather it be a punishment or a warning about his actions.
Find

Im sorry, u all trippin, Maui's so called "toxicty" is purely banter and people need to chill, i have never heard a single person tell him to stop, they just wanna start a fight instead with maui, and thats a normal problem here on frg, people jump eachother the instant they can.

and i know for a fact maui avoids map exploting + rdming.

People who have a problem with maui should tell him instead if they feel offended
Find

I personally like Maui and he's fun to mess around with if you don't take him too seriously, although i have witnessed quite a few times he has been pretty toxic and has caused some shit. Just cause it's banter and maui isn't completely serious, doesn't mean everyone has to be okay with it. I don't think he needs a ban or anything. As far as I know he hasn't done anything downright scummy, and I don't believe he has malicious intent, but that's not to say he doesn't instigate anything. I say give him an official warning for now, and if he continues causing problems then further actions can be taken. Personally, I don't think maui is the only problem with toxicity on the server, and it feels like everyone is taking TTT too seriously nowadays. I wish people could just block the people they don't get along with and learn to coexist without starting shit.
Find

Seems like the main thing that needs to happen is maui needs to learn who to banter with and who not to. Banter is fine if you know the person and they know it's banter. Some people don't take banter well or don't want to hear banter if they don't know you or even more so if they don't like you.

(04-05-2020, 11:19 PM)Jake1o Wrote:  Seems like the main thing that needs to happen is maui needs to learn who to banter with and who not to. Banter is fine if you know the person and they know it's banter. Some people don't take banter well or don't want to hear banter if they don't know you or even more so if they don't like you.

Yeah. This is certainly a big thing a lot of people need to learn, Maui included.
It's hard to retroactively punish for what may or may not have been toxicity based off replies to this complaint, but we'll keep a bit of an eye on things. Recently staff have been instructed to hand out warnings a little more often than they have been, which would be the proper way of handling something like this. Instances should be reported in the moment to a staff member to take care of if you see anything.

- That Thrakos Noob
Find