Hi there Guest,  
Sign in here: Login through Steam

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

04/10/2020 - The Bruhssx moment.

Why didn't you just rollback the servers? Seems a lot less of a hassle.
Find

Roll backs are usually not an option for me, and they often cause more damage than they actually repair. In this specific case, the last backup was before the easter update. So a lot of people would lose a lot of stuff. It deemed it to be far less damage to the server to just deal with a few hours worth of dupes from a few people.

Oh, wow. I thought backups were made way more regularly. Does it stress the host to back everything up every few hours, or a day?
Musta been a heck of a thing to wake up to though.
Find

(04-11-2020, 02:29 PM)Terran Wrote:  Oh, wow. I thought backups were made way more regularly. Does it stress the host to back everything up every few hours, or a day?

Yes. There's ~30GB of data, so backing up the 'important stuff', the servers need low to minimal mysql traffic or there would be a disruption.

(04-11-2020, 02:38 PM)Brassx Wrote:  
(04-11-2020, 02:29 PM)Terran Wrote:  Oh, wow. I thought backups were made way more regularly. Does it stress the host to back everything up every few hours, or a day?

Yes. There's ~30GB of data, so backing up the 'important stuff', the servers need low to minimal mysql traffic or there would be a disruption.
Too many bags, man. Too many bags.

i think most ppl knew if they dupe they wouldn't get away, which is a good thing. kinda sucks to ppl who did dupe and though nothing would happen to them.
nice job dealing w/ it!

Great work fixing everything up swift and cleanly, kudos I'm sure this was quite the hassle.
Find

(04-11-2020, 02:57 PM)Terran Wrote:  
(04-11-2020, 02:38 PM)Brassx Wrote:  

Too many bags, man. Too many bags.

90% of it is actually from crafting logs.