Hi there Guest,  
Sign in here: Login through Steam

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

A serious change to how new items/weapons/stuff is rolled out

Right now, the current system seems to be "Release an overpowered item, but never nerf it because the community gets invested with it and you'd devastate their poor feefees."

I've complained about this multiple times to no avail, so here's my take on it:
Release items "Underpowered" or just not that great and buff them as needed. Nothing should be initially released too strong, there's a core group of whiny players who will latch onto it and scream like a baby who had their tit taken away if any changes happen.

^main thread stuff

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- [CAN IGNORE BELOW THE LINE]

\/salty assmad rant
Edit: Also, just to reiterate in-case I've gone unheard, I'm not trying to whine about FRG's policies or decisions constantly, I love the server, but I've seen the majority of original players leave and pretty much most of them are disgruntled with how the server has been rolling. Maybe its getting the time for me to leave too, but the thing is I love TTT and I also love the FRG Community. the inventory is a ton of fun, but its an icing on top of the TTT cake for me (5,500 hours of what is literally 98% TTT can't be wrong), and I can't stand to see it change in ways that just look terrible for me. Its as if the current "Core" of players are the ones who have attention spans so miserably short that if they're not force-fed new stronger content the incessant ass agony starts. I guess I'm similar, since my ass agony starts upon the stronger content, and yeah new stuff is required to keep the server fresh (I'd still play it even if it never updated again, but, hey, I like TTT). This is mostly my probably-unseen apology to Brass for being a whiny bitch all the time, but after seeing most of my classic friends on FRG quit or just get annoyed at the changes, I get mad when I see the same group of current players being in the majority now, instead of the previous minority.
/rant
thread still valid, had to add a rant tho

OK, ok, last little bit I promise, but one of the issues is that the core gameplay of FRG now isn't barely TTT. One of the updates I've had the most fun with in recent memory was Fire Boots getting buffed. Have any of you ever used them or even thought of it? Its a neat item with a cool effect that can synergize really well with other T items or playstyles, yet it, along with pretty much anything not body armor/class/traps are entirely ignored.
Everyone seems to just rustle up their best double-gilded lucky triple-suffixed primary and spray whoever is closest on their T rounds, and when they die they just wait for the next one. Which is OK, that's fine, its how you play, but I like something different. The reason I use my legendary AUG is simply because I want to void that bullshit. I try and rely on fun T items (Did you know the silenced pistol is REALLY GOOD? I need to buy it more often), and the AUG is mainly a crutch so that I can be as fucking far away from the pain train that every single gun is nowadays. Everybody just runs around with whatever shoots the fastest and they just spray infinite close range bullets. Hell, I don't even see shotguns anymore, like, holy shit I used to complain about 'em but now they're evidently pure shite?

So my in-the-end reasoning is that things don't need to be released power creeped. This could be an accident, an oversight or just a miscalculation, but it seems it happens with pretty much everything and it disappoints me. The first time someone gets the new OP item everyone else scrambled their asses to get it to be part of the meta.
I've used this legendary AUG for like, five years, ever since I bought it in the damn frag shop. Speaking of frag shops, how many people actually do fragment quests? I do, and I'm sure a bunch of people will randomly pipe up "YEAH I DO THEM ALL THE TIME", but I won't believe y'all.

edit edit: if you call me an old man I will block you, find your house, report you to the FBI for contaminating a preschool with COVID and systematically destroy your entire existence.

ok old man, good luck finding my house, im homeless
Find

(04-18-2020, 06:01 AM)big mike Wrote:  ok old man, good luck finding my house, im homeless
you'll be warm in my basement
Find

(04-18-2020, 06:04 AM)Terran Wrote:  
(04-18-2020, 06:01 AM)big mike Wrote:  ok old man, good luck finding my house, im homeless

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/601957573801017395/700950824288780288/uf9YNVmg.png
Find

(04-18-2020, 06:08 AM)big mike Wrote:  
(04-18-2020, 06:04 AM)Terran Wrote:  

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/601957573801017395/700950824288780288/uf9YNVmg.png
This XML file does not appear to have any style information associated with it. The document tree is shown below.
<Error>
<Code>AccessDenied</Code>
<Message>Access denied.</Message>
<Details>
Anonymous caller does not have storage.objects.get access to discord/attachments/601957573801017395/700950824288780288/uf9YNVmg.png.
</Details>
</Error>
Find

(04-18-2020, 03:44 AM)Terran Wrote:  [u]Right now, the current system seems to be "Release an overpowered item, but never nerf it because the community gets invested with it and you'd devastate their poor feefees."

hello my name is Muninn's Fate i am now in hell where i am being unused because my ability is hard to control and utter shit now.
Find

Ok, boomer.
Find

(04-18-2020, 09:34 AM)MicroBoss Wrote:  
(04-18-2020, 03:44 AM)Terran Wrote:  [u]Right now, the current system seems to be "Release an overpowered item, but never nerf it because the community gets invested with it and you'd devastate their poor feefees."

hello my name is Muninn's Fate i am now in hell where i am being unused because my ability is hard to control and utter shit now.

Pretty sure it does like 25 less damage now drama queen.
Find

(04-18-2020, 03:44 AM)Terran Wrote:  Release items "Underpowered" or just not that great and buff them as needed. Nothing should be initially released too strong, there's a core group of whiny players who will latch onto it and scream like a baby who had their tit taken away if any changes happen

This is actually a much better way to approach new content. I think Risk of Rain developers do this (intentionally or not) to their characters and don't release them super powerful in the beginning (besides Loader, she's just easy mode before Command was added). So when a character need adjusting it's more a positive than a negative

Usually the response to a nerf from any sort of game or server is "nerf = item no longer good, it is shit, why are you using it still? Ha ha get a load of this guy" and then players bash on it because of slight adjustments to make it more fair or balanced to others. I don't understand the mentality of doing this. People were talking about sag potentially being nerfed and everyone complained about it. I don't know if this is true or not but some even devalued the trait before any decision was made or discussed further(yikes).

In reality, Terran is right. You guys really bitch lmao. I don't agree with all the points Terran said, but when something gets nerfed, you guys call it trash and it's on to the new thing before that gets nerfed, and so on. When Hellfire crates were nerfed people argued about it and called it shit. The only nerf I thought people didn't complain as much was the output of coins from Frostburn Crates. Crafting also made people pretty selfish. I love crafting but if a gun doesn't have 4 traits or there is no Gilded, consider it garbage to everyone else.

Just thought of another one but it's more of a "if it's not op then shitter". Rift Grenades came out and I know many complained about that in voice chat and on Discord because it wasn't something overpowered (not including the people who complained the possibility of delaying rounds). Apparently all monthlies have to be better than the next to get approval.

But yeah, I think the approach to new content Terran said is better than what's been happening.
Find

(04-18-2020, 11:02 PM)The Black Parade Wrote:  -snip-
Can I replace my OP post with this? 'Cuz this is a lot better.
Find