Hi there Guest,  
Sign in here: Login through Steam

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

A serious change to how new items/weapons/stuff is rolled out

It entirely depends on the type of content.

First impressions can be very important. I've done things both ways, and releasing something a little weak, then buffing it, produces more positive results than releasing something too strong, then nerfing it. However, where a first impression of the item solely dictates whether or not said item is worth going for, I like to release it stronger, then dial it back when/if needed. I don't usually care if people rage that much, unless it remains that way for 1 year+, as by then it's just way too long to really radically adjust it, because of how many underlying things start relying on it, not to say it can't be changed, but a complete overhaul of it would be bad.

The key is to act sooner rather than later when it comes to applying nerfs.

That said, as I've stated before, I don't want to overthink balance anymore. I just want to make cool stuff, release it, then adjust as needed. There's no point in worrying too much about if it's too strong, or too weak at launch most of the time anymore. Things can always be adjusted as needed, and it's pretty ignorant for you to say "They never get changed". I can't tell you how many things I've adjusted, nerfed, or changed in the past few months alone because I saw them as an issue. Not every change, especially negative, is even documented, but a lot are in changelogs in discord.

Sorry, I definitely don't know the inner machinations for how you do stuff, and I will agree that there is a lot of changes made, but I still stand with my stance that items can be cool, but they can be weaker than they are. Though I assume its hard to test things out on a large scale. I don't really look at an item for how strong it is, I just look at it for fun and how unique, but not everybody shares the same sentiment I assume.

I guess we have opposite standings on this but that's fine, its not exactly hard for me to deal with it. But surely its easier to buff something for the community than nerf it? I feel like opinions could sway quickly depending on how vocal some people are. An issue is something like 5-6 players get the cool new item, so of course they don't want it changed, but those who do may want it changed. If it wasn't as spectacular, then it could be unanimously agreed on becoming better?
You'd know more about this than me so I'll leave the thread at that (this isn't like, a debate post, I'm happy with that conclusion so thank you. Its just a closing thing really.)
Find