Hi there Guest,  
Sign in here: Login through Steam

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

A serious change to how new items/weapons/stuff is rolled out

(04-18-2020, 03:44 AM)Terran Wrote:  Release items "Underpowered" or just not that great and buff them as needed. Nothing should be initially released too strong, there's a core group of whiny players who will latch onto it and scream like a baby who had their tit taken away if any changes happen

This is actually a much better way to approach new content. I think Risk of Rain developers do this (intentionally or not) to their characters and don't release them super powerful in the beginning (besides Loader, she's just easy mode before Command was added). So when a character need adjusting it's more a positive than a negative

Usually the response to a nerf from any sort of game or server is "nerf = item no longer good, it is shit, why are you using it still? Ha ha get a load of this guy" and then players bash on it because of slight adjustments to make it more fair or balanced to others. I don't understand the mentality of doing this. People were talking about sag potentially being nerfed and everyone complained about it. I don't know if this is true or not but some even devalued the trait before any decision was made or discussed further(yikes).

In reality, Terran is right. You guys really bitch lmao. I don't agree with all the points Terran said, but when something gets nerfed, you guys call it trash and it's on to the new thing before that gets nerfed, and so on. When Hellfire crates were nerfed people argued about it and called it shit. The only nerf I thought people didn't complain as much was the output of coins from Frostburn Crates. Crafting also made people pretty selfish. I love crafting but if a gun doesn't have 4 traits or there is no Gilded, consider it garbage to everyone else.

Just thought of another one but it's more of a "if it's not op then shitter". Rift Grenades came out and I know many complained about that in voice chat and on Discord because it wasn't something overpowered (not including the people who complained the possibility of delaying rounds). Apparently all monthlies have to be better than the next to get approval.

But yeah, I think the approach to new content Terran said is better than what's been happening.
Find

Messages In This Thread
RE: A serious change to how new items/weapons/stuff is rolled out - The Black Parade - 04-18-2020, 11:02 PM