Hi there Guest,  
Sign in here: Login through Steam

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

[Buff] Extincts

(04-27-2020, 03:02 PM)Terran Wrote:  
(04-27-2020, 06:17 AM)hockeyfn Wrote:  Honestly none of these even sound like a stretch. I see some people saying it would be too nutty but like... Have you seen these bountiful with insane stats and 6 suffixes? Another thing, why would you ever even use an extinct godlike that, at best, is "as good" as some of the other guns. Also btw gilded/half gild/lucky guns make people not want to use godlikes anyway (shrine godlikes exempt) so yeah having passive effects on them really to me seems the only way to keep them relevant
Suffixes have been heavily balanced by body armor, protection crystal, aries and hopefully more ways.
Passive affects that just make you BETTER STRONGER FASTER than everyone else is just NOT the way to go for TTT. Temporary buffs, sure, but not just constant BETTER. You guys are literally killing FRG and you don't care about that fact.

Ok fine, suffixes are balanced but we have traits around that LITERALLY boost your mobi 40% on kill... Honestly I don't know how no one has complained about that trait. I just disagree, I honestly think no one will use extincts if they aren't passive effects. The only one that I think would actually be aids is the Aquarius one but the rest don't even sound that bad. And I don't get the logic that temporary is fine but constant isn't? Truthfully you just activate it before a gunfight so it would make no difference to the player versing it, considering they would either kill the perpetrator or die from said perpetrator. It's really just annoying to have to constantly activate something, and makes me just not even want to use the item anymore lmao. As my boy vhoxel said it's a chore. Let me just use my hardshell nade, then my ocarina, then pull out my sag ccd to get 30 seconds of bonus. It's just annoying and shouldn't be so annoying for a game as casual as ttt.
Find

(04-27-2020, 05:28 PM)hockeyfn Wrote:  
(04-27-2020, 03:02 PM)Terran Wrote:  
(04-27-2020, 06:17 AM)hockeyfn Wrote:  Honestly none of these even sound like a stretch. I see some people saying it would be too nutty but like... Have you seen these bountiful with insane stats and 6 suffixes? Another thing, why would you ever even use an extinct godlike that, at best, is "as good" as some of the other guns. Also btw gilded/half gild/lucky guns make people not want to use godlikes anyway (shrine godlikes exempt) so yeah having passive effects on them really to me seems the only way to keep them relevant
Suffixes have been heavily balanced by body armor, protection crystal, aries and hopefully more ways.
Passive affects that just make you BETTER STRONGER FASTER than everyone else is just NOT the way to go for TTT. Temporary buffs, sure, but not just constant BETTER. You guys are literally killing FRG and you don't care about that fact.

Ok fine, suffixes are balanced but we have traits around that LITERALLY boost your mobi 40% on kill... Honestly I don't know how no one has complained about that trait. I just disagree, I honestly think no one will use extincts if they aren't passive effects. The only one that I think would actually be aids is the Aquarius one but the rest don't even sound that bad. And I don't get the logic that temporary is fine but constant isn't? Truthfully you just activate it before a gunfight so it would make no difference to the player versing it, considering they would either kill the perpetrator or die from said perpetrator. It's really just annoying to have to constantly activate something, and makes me just not even want to use the item anymore lmao. As my boy vhoxel said it's a chore. Let me just use my hardshell nade, then my ocarina, then pull out my sag ccd to get 30 seconds of bonus. It's just annoying and shouldn't be so annoying for a game as casual as ttt.
Yeah, 40% on kill is a bit high, but it wasn't back when things were a bit less crazy. The issue is combos: If someone has permanent Aqua or whatever the water cube is, that's a flat speed boost that will STILL benefit from mobi boosts (By the way, I still think mobi should be capped at 40% or 50% regardless), so just "buff everything!!" just means things will synergize in ridiculous OP ways.
Its also completely your choice to swap between those items to activate them, and you really don't need them. They're nice, but they shouldn't be what you have to rely on to win (The balance is at fault there though, not the player).
Like, if innos were aqua'ing around the map 24/7, which makes it hard to hit them due to the visual effect and the speed boost, that's not very fun for traitors. Sure, it could be "countered" with the same item or maybe even traitor traps, but that's like a bandage solution.

I find gemini insanely annoying because the fact it TELLS you who damaged your clone is just retarded. I don't agree with that at all but evidently its very popular. I remember I once hit a clone BY ACCIDENT while shooting someone else, and I had NO IDEA. I was then killed 30 seconds later because the guy just silently hunted me down. That was not fun.
Extincts are strong as they are right now (Except maybe the water gush. I think its a bit finicky from what I've seen but I've never used it. The upside is doesn't it proc pretty often?)

Permanent buffs every round that just make you stronger or faster than everyone else just means we need more ways to counter that, like how we can counter suffixes now due to how crazy crafting stacked them. OK, this is implemented, every extinct will just make you better constantly. Will you complain if something comes out to counter it and nerf it?

I just don't like it being a thing and TTT feels completely RNG sometimes when it should be tactical and thoughtful.
Find

pog!!!! my thrakos get buff and no nerf!
Find

(04-26-2020, 07:55 PM)Dreadark Wrote:  I haven't used pisces, but I don't think the other extinct effects are as shit as everyone makes them up to be, and I think it's just cause sag is so obviously the best possible one. I definitely do not think the aries buff should be permanent that seems ridiculous.

He should specify this doesn't include the headshot dmg, but yeah aries clip ability shouldn't be perma. The slow and proc reduction should be passive though.

(04-27-2020, 08:01 PM)Terran Wrote:  I find gemini insanely annoying because the fact it TELLS you who damaged your clone is just retarded. I don't agree with that at all but evidently its very popular. I remember I once hit a clone BY ACCIDENT while shooting someone else, and I had NO IDEA. I was then killed 30 seconds later because the guy just silently hunted me down. That was not fun.
Extincts are strong as they are right now (Except maybe the water gush. I think its a bit finicky from what I've seen but I've never used it. The upside is doesn't it proc pretty often?)

well it does damage them either way he'd be able to shoot you

water gush procs often but often does nothing and the self-hurt sucks more often than not.
Find

I think this is a great idea to buff extincts i hardly see people running around with them unless its a stacked shrine extinct OR a giveaway extinct so i agree.
Find