Hi there Guest,  
Sign in here: Login through Steam

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Ruby Shrine debate.

Things seem pretty split on if the Ruby shrine were to exist. On one side I get flak for it ever existing, on the other side I get flak for it being removed.

I say we use this thread to debate it's existence, so we can have the info and points people bring up all in one place.

First off, to answer the question: Is it pay2win?

Yes it is to an extent, but It's on the same levels of pay2win as any other donator perks we have. We NEED donator perks to survive. It's a simple fact. And the shrine Is just a lot more exciting overall compared to the other donator options, it's high risk high reward, and people see godlikes come from it and freak out.

However, consider:
  • Things you get from it aren't really any better than things F2P players can get. Especially when factoring crafting, and how 6 trait stacked prims will most likely be better than anything you get from the shrine at this point.
  • On a ruby spent to 'good' item ratio, it's around the same as crates, but way more extreme at times.
  • Donators can buy ruby crates for cheap, and spend a long time rolling and rolling, and eventually get a godlike that way. Probably spending the same amount, if not less, than the amount they'd spend on shrine to proc an item (not even guaranteed to be a godlike).
  • They can buy runes, and sell them on the market for guaranteed coins over a longer period of time. That is guaranteed to make them profit, much more profit than shrine or any crates would most likely bring them for ruby to coin ratios.
Shrine is a glorified crate. It's akin to donators buying crates via rubies, and rolling them, with fewer steps. They would spend the same, if not MORE rubies on shrine than any crate, but spend less time going for an item because using the shrine is much faster than opening 2k crates.

There's no denying our donator perks already are very lacking compared to other servers, especially ones that sell tradeable currency directly (which inflates currency a ton), the question is how far is too far. For me personally, I don't think the ruby shrine is really too extreme, as an idea. Especially when I look at other servers, with more players, who have blatant pay2win shops, but still maintain a larger playerbase than us. Why don't players care about that? NTG was like that, and it wasn't really a problem. But for the shrine, I'm just worried people with no self control will spend more than they can afford on it, or regret doing it. (Though they have to go through multiple waivers/warnings to even access it)

Debate away, I'll clear up any misconceptions as I see them.

EDIT:
Keep in mind, challenge scroll reward chests were removed from shrine, as were scrolls.

I'm okay with ruby shrine existing, but I dont see an issue with a ruby shrine cap every time you bring it back if you're worried about people with no self control. Realistically you could put a cap on rubies used at like 30-50k or so which should prevent people from spending 3, 400, etc dollars per shrine.

Keep it up for 1 week a month. let them pay for the server. But there are enough pop ups so they know what they are doing so no pity rolls. +1 open ruby shrine.

Ruby shrine best donor perk on server I think. It feels like the biggest bang for buck you can get without just trading for other players currency via items. My only issue with it is how expensive it is to roll. I'm pretty sure every item somebody got was about $50 worth of donating, which is frankly way too high. Not everyone can afford to chuck that much for a chance every now and then, especially when that amount is some times what people donate for an entire seasonal event. I do think people can get out of hand like I felt I did last time. Maybe a cap on rubies spent within X time per person wouldn't be so bad, but would have to make sure it is explicitly stated so someone doesn't drop more than they can do at once.

I don't donate much, and haven't in a long time, but even from the stand point of someone who wont be profiting from this, I think its a fine idea, nothing wrong with this imo. +1 to ruby shrine
chainy, chany, cheeny, cheesey, cheese, chebby, cheddy, kenny, chad, jeremy bentknee, bently, chendy bedendy, cheny deddy

Am good with ruby shrine as long as It's open for a period of time during the month like a week or a bunch of days, good incentive for people to donate besides runes n all that jazz

Also good for lazy people or people that do not have time to collect coins

am not aganist it as long as it has the same pool of items and same % as coin shrine Smile

my only issue with ruby shrine before was the fact that it could pay out with scroll chests, in return almost directly paying out with coins and dropping hella uniques from said scroll chests.
now that that has been removed, I don't have an issue with the ruby shrine. I think it's a great donator incentive, especially for the people who can't afford to spend countless hours saving up millions of coins to use on the normal shrine.
I kind of agree with Ace on the fact of the price for the ruby shrine. I think maybe it should be adjusted a tad to be a bit cheaper, but obviously not to the point where you can just donate 10 bucks and get an insane poglike everytime.

Ruby shrine is cool, it's a nice thing to have for donators who support the server, it gives people more incentive to donate and be satisfied (of course given they actually understand they're not guaranteed something amazing from shrine always)
+1 bring ruby shrine back

P.S. I'm on attempt 32 on ruby shrine dear God bring it back pls
Find

I'm very on the fence about ruby shrine, if it is brought back, I do think some sort of cap should be put on the amount you can spend on it or SOMETHING. Even as someone who used it, it seems like something that causes more issues than its worth. (Like people bellyaching they got nothing from spending real money) but what do I know? I'm just a talking dog.
Find

Shrine is just the best donation incentive, crates now suck and fighting people on the rune of easing market sucks too. I think it should be brought back since the rewards other than scroll chests weren't very overpowered save for some of the uniques being pretty good and xssarb tier.