Hi there Guest,  
Sign in here: Login through Steam

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Ruby Shrine debate.

yeah ruby shrine good
as most said it's the best donator incentive

fine with anything as long as guns like rag/deus's/xssarb's cant get shrine traits
Find

bring back ruby shrine so i can donate for it
Find

I donated and it went through the second brass turned off shrine so yeah I want ruby shrine at least up for a day.

Aside from that ita not really pay to win. Ruby shrine should probably come only for a short period of time so that it's items cant come in bulk.
Pay to win is closest when items u get are able to give you coins directly like scrolls which has been omitted from shrine.

Also yeah it's been said already, probably the best incentive to donate. Totally wouldn't have if other than out of kindness.
Find

Ruby Shrine should be nearly identical to coin shrine but with a cap of how much you can spend into it so users don't go overboard.
Find

as someone who spent like 50 dollars & got rewarded with 1 alter rune and an onuris with gory and moan, it is not pay to win lol. you get a better CHANCE at something cool sure, but the definition of pay to win is you're directly getting an advantage over other players. If anything was pay to win on this server, its the fact you can donate to get looting runes to sell on the market. Its basically donating for coins.

HOWEVER

I think undiscovereds should be locked behind a certain amount of ruby attempts. I know that you can get exotics from any attempt on ruby shrine, so I feel like there should be a threshold to where it really is RNG to get the discovery, since of course you can proc any number of bullshit on the way to the threshold.

my opinions pretty clean cut
i think its pretty silly you have to ask, its your server and the way it moves forward is based off your decisions - if theres an audience for both of these decisions the only person you can reliably satisfy is yourself, so just do what you think is best for yourself and the servers wellbeing.
i think its a waste of stress to worry how people may decide to see it if you think its something you want to do, i think a majority of your followers trust your decisions pretty highly to know you wont completely fuck over donators or legitimate players at the same time

that being said, there is a business side to the server thats always been put aside/ignored, and there are great benefits from leaning into it every now and then

- That Thrakos Noob

I think ruby shrine is fine to add, but it might be nice to have something in the coin shrine that you can't pay for and get from ruby shrine. Kinda sucks to see a lot of things go to whoever wants to drop the most cash to get it. Just put something like the rag or a later addition as coin exclusive so there's at least some incentive to spend coins and not dollars to get it.

Paying REAL money to discover a weapon that a player has spent countless weeks saving money for, so they can do events like this completely ruins the whole fun aspect of it. Oh what someone that spend 300 dollars discovered the weapon i was going to discover, but i just wasn't willing to spend 300 USD, sounds far from "fair". Some people feel enjoyment from the thrill of a discovery and ruby shrine completely ruined that for me last time, But i guess my say doesn't mean shit considering more than 90% of players seem to think this is an amazing idea.

(04-28-2020, 02:24 AM)D0ZZA Wrote:  Paying REAL money to discover a weapon that a player has spent countless weeks saving money for, so they can do events like this completely ruins the whole fun aspect of it. Oh what someone that spend 300 dollars discovered the weapon i was going to discover, but i just wasn't willing to spend 300 USD, sounds far from "fair". Some people feel enjoyment from the thrill of a discovery and ruby shrine completely ruined that for me last time, But i guess my say doesn't mean shit considering more than 90% of players seem to think this is an amazing idea.

Discoveries aren't the primary focus of shrine. It's kind of a silly argument because they literally only last for the first drop. Such a short-sighted thing to focus on. Same as crates. Every crate we've ever made has been for rubies 1 week prior to coins, for discoveries. Those are purely visual/cosmetic. Most items have already been discovered from the shrine as well.
Find