Hi there Guest,  
Sign in here: Login through Steam

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Ruby Shrine debate.

(04-28-2020, 02:24 AM)D0ZZA Wrote:  Paying REAL money to discover a weapon that a player has spent countless weeks saving money for, so they can do events like this completely ruins the whole fun aspect of it. Oh what someone that spend 300 dollars discovered the weapon i was going to discover, but i just wasn't willing to spend 300 USD, sounds far from "fair". Some people feel enjoyment from the thrill of a discovery and ruby shrine completely ruined that for me last time, But i guess my say doesn't mean shit considering more than 90% of players seem to think this is an amazing idea.

I personally would feel stoked to have gotten a weapon through doing work and grinding a little bit that someone else had to spend $300 on, that's $300 saved to me lol

- That Thrakos Noob
Find

(04-28-2020, 02:24 AM)D0ZZA Wrote:  Paying REAL money to discover a weapon that a player has spent countless weeks saving money for, so they can do events like this completely ruins the whole fun aspect of it. Oh what someone that spend 300 dollars discovered the weapon i was going to discover, but i just wasn't willing to spend 300 USD, sounds far from "fair". Some people feel enjoyment from the thrill of a discovery and ruby shrine completely ruined that for me last time, But i guess my say doesn't mean shit considering more than 90% of players seem to think this is an amazing idea.

Discoveries don't mean much, they're not gamechanging. I don't understand how they ruined shrine last time for you. It's just a name on a gun. People who spend money aren't guaranteed discoveries either. I'm pretty sure last shrine an equal amount of discoveries were from coin and from ruby (or something close to that).

EDIT: ALSO you got a deus grav, right? That was discovered by someone who spent 1 mill+ coins and didn't donate a penny.

The only discoveries that matter are purely RNG ones (minigame drops) or monthly items anyways. Anything you get from a crate/roll/etc that you can spend currency on doesn't even matter tbh.

You all say this but you all have dropped something nice that you can hold close, i have a deagle that i suck at using and hardly anyone wants to buy, a discovery in my eyes or more enjoyable then actually getting the item it's self, but i guess it's each to their own.

I don't see any problems on the ruby shrine since it only opens for like days, and it's a good idea for for those who donates for rubies so that they have more ways to spend them. If this helps on contributing for donations then I don't mind having this one. +1
Find

As long and there is a cap and/or a duration the shrine is out for i dont have a problem with +1
Find

I approve of ruby shrine.

(04-27-2020, 06:49 PM)Brassx Wrote:  Things seem pretty split on if the Ruby shrine were to exist. On one side I get flak for it ever existing, on the other side I get flak for it being removed.

I say we use this thread to debate it's existence, so we can have the info and points people bring up all in one place.

First off, to answer the question: Is it pay2win?

Yes it is to an extent, but It's on the same levels of pay2win as any other donator perks we have. We NEED donator perks to survive. It's a simple fact. And the shrine Is just a lot more exciting overall compared to the other donator options, it's high risk high reward, and people see godlikes come from it and freak out.

However, consider:
  • Things you get from it aren't really any better than things F2P players can get. Especially when factoring crafting, and how 6 trait stacked prims will most likely be better than anything you get from the shrine at this point.
  • On a ruby spent to 'good' item ratio, it's around the same as crates,  but way more extreme at times.
  • Donators can buy ruby crates for cheap, and spend a long time rolling and rolling, and eventually get a godlike that way. Probably spending the same amount, if not less, than the amount they'd spend on shrine to proc an item (not even guaranteed to be a godlike).
  • They can buy runes, and sell them on the market for guaranteed coins over a longer period of time. That is guaranteed to make them profit, much more profit than shrine or any crates would most likely bring them for ruby to coin ratios.
Shrine is a glorified crate. It's akin to donators buying crates via rubies, and rolling them, with fewer steps. They would spend the same, if not MORE rubies on shrine than any crate, but spend less time going for an item because using the shrine is much faster than opening 2k crates.

There's no denying our donator perks already are very lacking compared to other servers, especially ones that sell tradeable currency directly (which inflates currency a ton), the question is how far is too far. For me personally, I don't think the ruby shrine is really too extreme, as an idea. Especially when I look at other servers, with more players, who have blatant pay2win shops, but still maintain a larger playerbase than us. Why don't players care about that? NTG was like that, and it wasn't really a problem. But for the shrine, I'm just worried people with no self control will spend more than they can afford on it, or regret doing it. (Though they have to go through multiple waivers/warnings to even access it)

Debate away, I'll clear up any misconceptions as I see them.

EDIT:
Keep in mind, challenge scroll reward chests were removed from shrine, as were scrolls.
Add it
Find

Ruby shrine good. Cap good.
Find

I think that there's little to spend rubies on anyway, with people buying rubies nearly exclusively for events for those delicious discoveries. In P2W vs F2P concerns, it's *almost* impossible to get any discovery on crates (possible with godlikes, but highly unlikely). With shrine, discoveries are basically on equal footing. But we have to be careful with how we treat P2W, and in this case I think I agree with introducing a cap on shrine.
Find