Hi there Guest,  
Sign in here: Login through Steam

Poll: Do we nerf mobi traits/some mobi boosting items?
Yes
Leave mobi alone!
[Show Results]

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

The mobility issue.

Just remove mobility as a stat....
No real reason we need it.

(05-15-2020, 04:49 AM)MicroBoss Wrote:  Just remove mobility as a stat....
No real reason we need it.

I dont know if you're just memeing, but if you're serious, that would ruin a handful of items and entire prefixes.

There would be no use for Swift, Lightweight, Shank's, Galactic, etc.
Find

You could make mobility have diminishing returns. Make it go from 20 to rapidly dropping off to 40% at an arbitrarily high value. So 20% mobility = 20% actual increase in speed. Then every % after that say 1/2 value then every % after 30% is 1/4 value, every % after 35% is 1/8th, then after 38% 1/10th.

What that basically means is that every point of speed actually costs multiple points of mobility after a certain extent. So say a 100% bonus of mobility would be 20+10+5+2.6 with actual mobility stat cost being 20, 20, 20, 16, 26 = 100 total. But you would have actual mobility of 37.6% .

By the nature of this it's really easy to scale to a higher maximum value if that is found better.

Also pls if you nerf bhoping make it dependent on the bhop crystal bhoping on here naturally lowers your speed down to reasonable levels very quickly it doesn't need to get destroyed even more.
Find

I don't have much to add on to what people have already said, but i don't think that mobility should get a nerf but there should 100% be a mobility cap.
Find

Not sure if you guys saw, but I implemented some test changes to mobility that affects mobility stacking.

Quote:This really only affects stacking numerous mobility buffs together to get to crazy speeds.
Example:
If you get the +40% mobi on kill, then activate the toyhammer buff, then activate Aquarius.  Any mobi stack applied after the 40% will be a smaller amount. It will still increase your mobi, just at lower amounts, ONLY if the already gained mobility is above a certain threshold.
Find

Does that do anything about the current issue of people instantly gaining unbelievable speed from a bunny crystal combined with sled, or lightsaber, or the other tools? That's one of the biggest issues for me as it is. From the post I assume not, so I'd love to see that changed.
It was OK back when we had two players who could *actually* bhop on the server, now its ridiculous.
Find

(05-17-2020, 01:34 PM)Terran Wrote:  Does that do anything about the current issue of people instantly gaining unbelievable speed from a bunny crystal combined with sled, or lightsaber, or the other tools? That's one of the biggest issues for me as it is. From the post I assume not, so I'd love to see that changed.
It was OK back when we had two players who could *actually* bhop on the server, now its ridiculous.

How is someone using a beam, bhop, or sled "the biggest issue". I don't care if someone uses an item to run away from me or even at me. The mobility issue is with people stacking mobi and going mach10 WHILE shooting me and strafing/drive-by.

If I'm shooting at someone and instead of shoot back they pull out their beam, sled, etc. to get away from me, that is perfectly fine, that is an intended reason for said item.. to get away from dangerous situations and to maybe gain height or cover advantages at the cost of most likely getting shot in the ass while using beam/sled.

No reason to nerf anything involving mobi items like beam and sled.

(05-17-2020, 03:37 PM)Not John Smith Wrote:  
(05-17-2020, 01:34 PM)Terran Wrote:  Does that do anything about the current issue of people instantly gaining unbelievable speed from a bunny crystal combined with sled, or lightsaber, or the other tools? That's one of the biggest issues for me as it is. From the post I assume not, so I'd love to see that changed.

How is someone using a beam, bhop, or sled "the biggest issue". I don't care if someone uses an item to run away from me or even at me. The mobility issue is with people stacking mobi and going mach10 WHILE shooting me and strafing/drive-by.

If I'm shooting at someone and instead of shoot back they pull out their beam, sled, etc. to get away from me, that is perfectly fine, that is an intended reason for said item.. to get away from dangerous situations and to maybe gain height or cover advantages at the cost of most likely getting shot in the ass while using beam/sled.

im pretty sure the initial intended use of the sled wasn't to accelerate fast enough to be able to bhop like a madman. I think it was just supposed to be.....a sled.
Find

(05-17-2020, 03:37 PM)Not John Smith Wrote:  

Its not the items individually, its the combination with the bunny crystal. Using one someone can move at impossible speeds that just ruin TTT. The rest of your point is...just whinging, so I'll ignore it I guess.