Hi there Guest,  
Sign in here: Login through Steam

Poll: Do we nerf mobi traits/some mobi boosting items?
Yes
Leave mobi alone!
[Show Results]

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

The mobility issue.

While it is fun to have a shank's surplus shotgun with a 40% mobi on kill, I gotta say that the mobi on kill duration should be nerfed. There are alot of times as a T that I kill everyone within 25 seconds because of that boost.

How do we help it not do that while soft nerfing?

You can maybe change 40% mobi on kill to 20% on kill, that stacks, has a 40% cap and has a 25 hard limit.

Or you can lessen the time with mobi on kill, making it so it's more of a trait that makes you retreat faster(or to go to the next inno).

You could also make more T/det weapons focused on mobi so you can catch someone who's zooming around the map(Though I feel that doesn't belong in this thread)

That's all I can think on top of my head.

I think the mobility problem could be solved with a soft or hard cap, as well as maybe taking a page from an old weapon idea, changing the mobi traits to all be +X% stacking up to three times per rightful kill. Maybe like 5% would be a good amount. In the same vein, the "Increase mobi as health gets lower" trait could change the increase in mobi at certain health markers, like 25 50 and 75, all granting a similar amount of mobi boost up to the max at health at or below 25, with the overall maximum mobi of the trait being reduced.

Or, you could change mobility caps/softcaps to be different depending on the weapon you're using. For instance, Primaries have a distinctly lower softcap, but still goes up to a reasonable increase. Secondaries have a higher cap, with melee weapons having an even higher cap. Of course, with how busted some of the melee weapons are, that might be a bad idea, so maybe doing it based off tier or pwr would be better?

Anyway, thank you for coming to my TED talk.
Find

hi i go zoom and if u take that away i go back to pluto ez right?

welp, terran commented against mobi, that means theres an 100% chance any mobi advantage will now be nerfed into the ground
chainy, chany, cheeny, cheesey, cheese, chebby, cheddy, kenny, chad, jeremy bentknee, bently, chendy bedendy, cheny deddy

yeah mobi lately has just been annyoing. it's annoying as innocents to go against traitors strafing back and forth at the speed of light and its annoying as a traitor to hunt down the last innocent zooming around at the speed of light. i have been in both situations and it's just made me leave the server after the round because i get so annoyed. Either give a decent nerf to every mobi trait in the game, or just set a speed limit. i dont know bro, its just extremely frustrating.
Find

(05-14-2020, 11:23 PM)coallauncherinevents Wrote:  welp, terran commented against mobi, that means theres an 100% chance any mobi advantage will now be nerfed into the ground
70% of my opinions are just me whining and are ignored, 20% are me whining but making a really long post and ignored, and 10% are sometimes accepted by the community and gain some footing.
I do NOT have that kind of sway lmao

Bullshit like this is what is one of the things killing my enjoyment lmao this is just stupid

Oh look, MORE RIDICULOUS mobi!

Ahh look ANOTHER guy moving too fast for my CURSOR to catch up!

These are just a few random clips I've taken, there's been a billion more incidents, many even worse.

In my opinion, yes Fast = Fun...... sometimes.

But when you get killed by a blur out of nowhere with a shotgun it kinda kills the game.

Bhop + Mobi = Fun - Fairness

I only used mobi to run to get cogs/items.
Find

(05-15-2020, 12:30 AM)Kain Wrote:  In my opinion, yes Fast = Fun...... sometimes.

But when you get killed by a blur out of nowhere with a shotgun it kinda kills the game.

Bhop + Mobi = Fun - Fairness

I only used mobi to run to get cogs/items.
In my post above yours, that first video is something I see surprisingly often with a mix of things and its just unfun.
Mobility to pick stuff up is cool, I really like the Rift Grenade for that reason. Its great for that, which is cool.
Find

I would prefer that there would be *some* punishment for mobi speeds, perhaps over some specific threshold or scaled in some way. Being able to move extremely fast and have equivalent to standing accuracy, seems wrong to me. I don't think it should be Counter-Strike levels of accuracy degradation by any means. But I find it very annoying to shoot people that are just impossible to track compared to a normal person walking.

A compromise could be "tagging". When a player is shot at when moving at above normal walking speeds, they are gradually slowed with each shot until they are at base walking speed.
Or in addition, gradually slow when the mobi-enhanced player is shooting. If we know the player had shot previously, they would slowly gain speed (if no longer shooting or being attacked). So you would kill someone, get mobi boost gradually. It would then be a reward for not getting attacked or attacking others.

Thoughts?
Find

(05-15-2020, 03:55 AM)Davdo Wrote:  I would prefer that there would be *some* punishment for mobi speeds, perhaps over some specific threshold or scaled in some way. Being able to move extremely fast and have equivalent to standing accuracy, seems wrong to me. I don't think it should be Counter-Strike levels of accuracy degradation by any means. But I find it very annoying to shoot people that are just impossible to track compared to a normal person walking.

A compromise could be "tagging". When a player is shot at when moving at above normal walking speeds, they are gradually slowed with each shot until they are at base walking speed.
Or in addition, gradually slow when the mobi-enhanced player is shooting. If we know the player had shot previously, they would slowly gain speed (if no longer shooting or being attacked). So you would kill someone, get mobi boost gradually. It would then be a reward for not getting attacked or attacking others.

Thoughts?
Would be something decent, as long as there's still some sort of a cap so people don't move faster than your cursor. One of the problems is being a T and trying to find someone to kill, and if the innos are just greasing around that's not fun. I'd use tripwires more but they're broken, you have to hold it out for about 3 seconds to place, and most of the time someone is sliding around the map and sees you trying to.
Find