Hi there Guest,  
Sign in here: Login through Steam

Poll: Rarer (But with better rewards) Challenge Scrolls?
No
Yes
[Show Results]

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Rarer but more rewarding Challenge Scrolls

(06-16-2020, 07:25 AM)Enchantable Wrote:  without scrolls there simply isn't enough of an incentive to play ttt. you might think "why does there need to be an incentive dude that's really wack" but that's just how it is, at least it was for me. im sure most people are the same way - you don't really feel like you're advancing your inventory by playing ttt without scrolls. events are just way better, and ttt really just isn't fun enough on its own anymore to keep people playing. probably.

however i did vote yes, because i do think feeling pressured by the loot incentives to use a single weapon at all times is like just not pleasant. best situation i can think of (and this could just be me) is that the requirement (e.g flamboyant) for kill steps is just removed altogether, but gildeds only work half the time or so. so like every kill step will simply be "get 69 kills" but gildeds will only work half the time. maybe every other step or something. this way people will still have scrolls as an incentive to play and they won't feel pressured into using the shitty gun the step is asking for or their gilded. as much, anyway. they can use whatever effing gun they want every other step, without feeling "inefficient". doesn't solve the whole problem but idk im gay honestly
I'm definitely not suggesting removing scrolls or something. The two sources I see for daily scrolls would be the Rep and Daily, albeit the daily only once, and the Rep has a cooldown. If you do all the dailies, you get your scroll as normal. If you reset dailies, you don't get a second. If you want another scroll, Rep scroll is an option; - That's two, guaranteed, every day.

But the second part is reasonable, but it still doesn't solve the issue. Even if they were "Nerfed", people would still just continue to use only Gilded guns. (With how many stacked ones there are, too, that seems unending).

If a crazy change WAS made, Gilded could be totally swapped around. Turn it into a trait that gives you X coins upon killing a player rightfully. Bring back the old challenge system where someone WOULD have to use Flamboyant or Axistence. But Crafting is still a thing, so you could still craft a strong, low-tier challenge gun; it'd be a lot easier than before. Just no more Gilded Glaedr of Dragon's Rage****** or Gilded Nexus Repeater of Agony*****.

There are so many daily activities to do right now that I'm pretty sure with two guaranteed (And remember, slightly harder and more rewarding, even if lower tier) scrolls available would be enough, if adding in randomly dropped ones/etc.
Find

Messages In This Thread
RE: Rarer but more rewarding Challenge Scrolls - Terran - 06-16-2020, 03:25 PM