Hi there Guest,  
Sign in here: Login through Steam

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Forerunner Fragments, Crystals, and a Usable Ideas

Howdy, so I've come up with a few ideas for a few things, the forerunner fragment quests, crystals, usables, etc.

First Idea : Event quest fragments
The first idea, basically it will give quests for events like Isle of Demons, Grims Labrinth, and Survive. The reason I think this would be a good idea is that it gives more purpose to the already great events here, its hard to come by people willingly able to do these events that are not looking for loot, but to have fun or to challenge themselves. Here are a few concept challenges:

For Isle Of Demons :
  • Easy (5-10 Fragments) - Complete an IOD run.
  • Easy (5-10 Fragments) - Kill 10 - 15 Spiders in the IoD Event.
  • Medium (10-15 Fragments) - Avoid all projectile attacks from Tzadkiel.
  • Hard (25 Fragments) - Complete an IoD run without a death in the party.

For Asylum:
  • Easy (5-10 Fragments) - Complete an Asylum run.
  • Easy (5-10 Fragments) - Kill 20 Zombies in the Asylum event.
  • Medium (10-15 Fragments) - Raise 2 pillars successfully.
  • Hard (20 Fragments) - Raise all pillars without a zombie touching them.

For Grims:
  • Easy (5-10 Fragments) - Complete a Grims run.
  • Easy (5-10 Fragments) - Kill 10-20 Entities in the Grims event.
  • Medium (20 Fragments) - Sucessfully protect the pillar person from dying during the 4 pillar events.
For Survive: (I know the event is outdated, but if possible)
  • Easy (5-10 Fragments) -Make it to round 10 on Survive.
  • Easy (5-10 Fragments) - Kill 50 Zombies on Survive.
  • Medium (10-15 Fragments) - Sucessfully charge either the red or blue orbs.
  • Hard (25 Fragments) - Make it to round 30 on survive.

Universal - Medium (15-20 Fragments) - Event Enthusiast - Complete 2 Community Events (Combo of Grims, IoD, or Asylum)  

Second Idea : Crystals

The two crystals I've had in mind came to me while playing Risk of Rain, and since some ideas were pulled from the game onto this community. I would like to share with you:

Cooldown Crystal:
Grants the user 25% decrease cooldown of any weapon trait ability or usable, for example, Ice Shield, Gemini, War Banner, Block Shield, Etc...
the downside would be like 5% Trait proc decrease, or a 10% reload taken away, or both. Credit of Idea goes to the Alien Head from Risk of Rain.

Extension Crystal:
Grant the user 25% increase duration on  of any weapon trait or usable, for example, Gemini, War Banner, Block Shield, Etc... the downside would be  15%-25% increase ability/usable cooldown, (So you really cant pair the two crystals) or 5% trait proc decrease, or both.

Thrid Idea : Cookies / Candy Usable

Alright, this last idea is a consumable that could be for Halloween or Christmas. It will go in the MISC. Slot and can be used in Events, or TTT.
Halloween Candy / Halloween Variation
Snickerdoodles / Christmas Variation

These usables would vary from 10 - 15 Cookies/Candy and will grant the user 5-10 hp regen per cookie eaten or "Sugar Rush" if 3 or more are consumed within 15 seconds will grant the user a 25% speed boost.  If they seem to be overpowered, after said sugar rush can be a "Sugar Crash" which decreases speed by 10% and/or reload by 5%-10% (Options can vary) Sugar rush would not stack if all cookies were eaten.

Questions? , Find me on Discord @Kain#2401

I love the Even Frag Quest idea, it would get me to do quests. I don't know about the hard IoD. Just cause if one poor bastard dies the team will flame them. Maybe change it where you survive without dying, so you don't have to worry about other's performance and you can do the quest with randos.

Perfectly valid crystals, maybe make them Godlikes?

I think a little bit more healing then 5-10, wand is better and you can use it again later.

Are these forerunner fragments you mean? Because if there's more options for earning them then it really trivializes the amount. I already have like, 600+ extra and I buy every cool thing that comes out, including one or two godlikes. I barely do quests too - I'd like to see this currency be other than Forerunner Fragments. Maybe a special shop that can sell PvE weapons, bonuses, runes of looting, PvE-trait adding crystals, etc?

As it stands I do quests pretty lazily and have loads of fragments, and I'm sure I'll get more.
I like the crystals! But nerf SAG first, ty.
Find

cool ideas for events but... raise 2 pillars in asylum for a medium? completely asylum for an easy? you realise you have to... raise all the pillars to do asylum right?

These are only concept ideas, not all of them are really fine-tuned ready to implement, nut I do see you point.
Find

bump!
Find

+1
those ideas are really good.

unsure if you want too but maybe even add lobby events too like lyrus,kraken,castle,bw,abyssal,santa
Bw,castle, santa, Abyssal Normal mode (easy)
Abyssal Hard Mode, lyrus,kraken, (medium), (only because it takes a item to spawn in kraken and lyrus, so its more rare)

also terran, you've had 2 years of playtime to collect 600+ fragments, since pass gives you around 200  fragment there might be a problem with the fragment shop costing too low since there are more ways of getting the frags. maybe increase the cost by 50%?
Find

Like your third idea but it gives me an idea myself. What if you had useable to aid you in events? Health potions, ammo potions, speed potions? Maybe even quick slot potions so you click a button and drink it.
Find

(10-05-2020, 10:00 PM)The Black Parade Wrote:  Like your third idea but it gives me an idea myself. What if you had useable to aid you in events? Health potions, ammo potions, speed potions? Maybe even quick slot potions so you click a button and drink it.

Thought about adding consumables as a whole new line of equip slots, that go in a radial UI to quick select a potion or something.

The problem is at this point - people justifying using something like that after years of not having things that you pay coins or something for, that just grant a temporary effect in an event run that doesn't entirely directly contribute to return of your investment.

It's a great idea to do something like that to help serve as a core backbone for the economy. Imagine if you could buy those base potions and craft them into better potions, there would be a whole economy based round those consumables, and if they become used frequently, could have a constant need/demand for them, which circulates coins around more frequently. Which is good for the economy.

I'm just not sure if FRG as a whole will accept something like that without seeing it as a waste of currency.
Find

I feel like there could be a market for some sort of potion system. Maybe if I think of something clever I’ll make a thread.
Find