Hi there Guest,  
Sign in here: Login through Steam

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Addressing some feedback

Really the people that have a problem with this are selfish, I don't have a problem but it's kinda sad that people do though

Find

yeah people are idiots, keep doing it.
Find

loud minority Sad

- That Thrakos Noob

idk man i might be bias but i think people who bitch are just players without an egg tp staff of osiris
Find

Cool stuff given to players is great and im for it and i think the people that get upset over this kind of stuff are the same people that get upset everytime someone else gets something cool they dont have.

But it could be problematic if it sets some kind of standard where players will attempt these extraordinary feats basically on the coinflip chance of whether or not they'll gain an exclusive cool item and not really for the credit of doing said feat

but again to reiterate im in favor of keeping cool things like this happening because they make for good stories with the players and among them.
Find

I want something now because I feel entitled, I had 2nd most Easter pass xp, where's my first loser prize huh? Shrine addict title when
Find

<-- Not biased, but I don't see why rewarding players for doing something cool is problematic besides people feeling slighted for "not thinking of it first"
Find

I don't know why someone would have issues with you giving out items on YOUR server, you do it out of kindness.

However you do try your best to keep things balanced, its something you've talked about before. On the subject of A2's rifle, it is THE BEST rifle that will ever exist, you downplay it by saying "its just a standard rifle" It's a rifle, doesnt really matter what prefix it has, its a rifle. It 1 taps head and 2 taps body. In this case it 1 taps head and 1 taps body, creates an AoE damage effect, AoE muffling effect, and heals A2 on kill. Coming from someone who uses only a rifle, that rifle is broken and I would give my left testicle to own it.

In the end though it's an item given to 1 player, who doesn't really play often anymore, and it'll die in his inventory. I have no issue with it existing, just that people dont realize how good it is. Please dont make more of them lol.
Find

Giv fr33 st00f pl0x.
Find

I don't care as long as it's fair game if it's for something that has meaning to the player itself for a purpose as well as not making overly annoying weapons (something like 5 damaging godlike trait MEOW gun monthly unless through giveaway). Chances are, they won't be touched after the initial excitement anyway.

I'm also perfectly fine with the random "goodie bag" type items for either down time or the server helping with something, as long as it's announced frequently in advanced (aka not one or two times at 5 AM for most people).

I dunno, people are just sort of selfish when it comes to certain items. It sort of makes sense, but I could see how people can take that as unfair or biased when it's for specific people, and it seems like majority of the offers are either member+s or above. I can also see a few as sort of influencing since I saw a few of them sort of be like "hey brass, if I do x..." like multiple times in the discord and wouldn't shut up about it and eventually it's like okay. Not saying that any of this has been done like that, but that's how I see these sort of offers form.

Oh, except one I remember. The freedom jewels. It was kind of a dumb choice that I think was in the moment where Vhoxel said "when the next pity drop" and the response was "I was waiting for you" (Paraphrase because I don't recall the exact words). Kind put me off as maybe you were looking for a reason to start the next batch, but then gave everyone jewels until it succeeded on his weapon. I'm perfectly fine with this don't get me wrong, but I'm sure people were pissed for either missing it or are sort of annoyed that it was based on Vhoxel's success rather than anyone else's chance to get it on theirs. I can't say a thing for it because I was there, and I never did anything with the jewels, but definitely take in consideration that people are selfish and jealous.

In the end, it's your server, don't let these type of people stop you from doing what you do.