Hi there Guest,  
Sign in here: Login through Steam

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

cheny scamming

Cheny
STEAM_0:1:67853406
idk what map
6/10/19
Cheny was talking to me about the gamblers and said he wanted to trade me for it. After he talked to me for a while he said he wanted to offer on it and i didnt really know the value of it when he offered and i didnt how how to gauge the price well and i thought it was a good deal.

https://steamuserimages-a.akamaihd.net/ugc/1615061970034694903/5684AAF30D853ABAB0414007ADB0C56C64916CF7/
shotgun screenshot because i hit attachment cap

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Yeah, that trade looks scuffed. Idk what would be good in terms of resolving this but I feel like he should at least get his gamblers back and maybe warn or tradeban cheny for a bit at least it not perm for scamming a player (well, a new player at the time of the trade). Kinda messed up though imo that he took advantage of a new player not knowing prices of stuff too well.
Find

Eh, to be fair, neither of you did that great. Cheny shouldn't have done that and you traded without checking anything. Depends on what you mean by "new", because you've been on the server since 2015. You're saying when you were new, but what do you expect as a result in the present?

If it was something that happened recently, you would more than likely be free to ask for it back, but you can't say "I don't know the price" without asking around and be disappointed when you find out you got scammed.

That's just my take on it though, so...
Find

Please follow the proper format, then we can review this further:
https://forerunnergaming.org/forums/showthread.php?tid=220

(10-06-2020, 01:34 AM)TJ1524 Wrote:  Eh, to be fair, neither of you did that great. Cheny shouldn't have done that and you traded without checking anything. Depends on what you mean by "new", because you've been on the server since 2015. You're saying when you were new, but what do you expect as a result in the present?

If it was something that happened recently, you would more than likely be free to ask for it back, but you can't say "I don't know the price" without asking around and be disappointed when you find out you got scammed.

That's just my take on it though, so...

joining in 2015 doesn't mean you've played since 2015, deathrage is no noob certainly not after 300 hours but I dunno how many hours he had at the time of this so I just had to point out that.
Find

joining in 2015 doesn't mean you've played since 2015, deathrage is no noob certainly not after 300 hours but I dunno how many hours he had at the time of this so I just had to point out that.
[/quote]

I get where you're coming from. I was more thinking of the playtime as well, I just worded it poorly. My bad.
Find

This happened well over a year ago.

The trade definitely sucks, but you're in a weird spot where I'm not sure if we can consider you a new player. A returning player yeah, but you have logs in 2015 and 2016 and what not. That being said, it's been way too long to actually return any of the items, so I'm not sure what you're hoping to achieve. Back then the trade wasn't as bad as it would be seen as today.

I checked the trade, you said "Idk economy" cheny offered all the items then said "All of those" and you said "sure" and accepted it. I may be a bit harsh, but if you didn't try to put in any effort about the price of this around the time of the trade, then I'm not sure its fair to call it a scam over a year later when the price of the item is much much higher. As stated: Back then the item wasn't nearly as expensive as it is now.

I'll continue discussing this with staff members, but not sure much will come from this. Your item is long gone and there's no returning it. The trade definitely was pretty shitty, and it seems like cheny was trying to take advantage of your ignorance.
Find