Hi there Guest,  
Sign in here: Login through Steam

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Small Rework of Tier I-III Chest acquisition.

The current way that the chests are acquired is the following.

Run 1 of the monthly pass every Tier I Chest is a Tier I Chest and every Tier II Chest is a Tier II Chest.
Run 2 of the monthly pass Tier I Chests have a 20% chance of becoming Tier II Chests and Tier II Chests have a 10% chance of becoming Tier III Chests.
Run 3 of the monthly pass Tier I Chests have a 20% chance of becoming Tier II Chests and Tier II Chests have a 10% chance of becoming Tier III Chests.

My proposal is to make it the following:

Run 1 of the monthly pass Tier I Chests have a 10% chance of becoming Tier II Chests and Tier II Chests have a 5% chance of becoming Tier III Chests.
Run 2 of the monthly pass Tier I Chests have a 20% chance of becoming Tier II Chests AND a 5% Chance of becoming Tier III. Tier II Chests have a 10% chance of becoming Tier III Chests.
Run 3 of the monthly pass Tier I Chests have a 30% chance of becoming Tier II Chests AND a 10% Chance of becoming Tier III. Tier II Chests have a 15% chance of becoming Tier III Chests.

You get the gist. I feel like it'd be a more fun way of doing it as it would further reward re-runs of the pass and make every level a lot more exciting than they currently are.

EDIT: Some justification as to why I suggest changing even the first pass: I believe that it'd just make the pass more exciting at all times, instead of only from the 2nd completion onwards. A lot of people don't have time for multiple completions and it would probably be more fun for them to have a bit of spicy RNG in there. Not to mention the people doing 3rd pass+ getting some actual linear progression instead of... well, nothing.

I agree with this, and reading it I had the thought that it would be cool if each time you completed the pass there was a small increase to the chance of the bi-monthly dropping with a prefix (I personally haven't seen one drop with a prefix but have been told its possible by multiple people.)
Find

honestly i thought that's how it worked /shrug
Find

tldr you always have a chance at a t3 chest
Find

Just wanted to point out that between run 2 and 3 there was in fact a difference, the display was just not properly updating.
Brass has also made some tweaks to the chances themselves and such which will probably go into effect soon.
He also mentioned his reasoning as to not wanting T3 chests in the first run of the pass and it is completely understandable to me.
I am pleased with the changes he's making so I'm leaving this thread at that!
The changes will go into effect the next BP!
Find