Hi there Guest,  
Sign in here: Login through Steam

Poll: Yes/No on WT
I Enjoyed WT, and would want to see more stuff built onto it.
I Enjoyed WT, but difficulty spikes randomly and often.
I Enjoyed WT, but checkpoints were too scarce and punishing.
I Didn't Enjoy WT, as I don't like this type of content, period.
I Didn't Enjoy WT, as difficulty spikes randomly and often.
I Didn't Enjoy WT, as some of the courses were just not enjoyable or rewarding to run through
I Didn't Enjoy WT, as checkpoints were too scarce and punishing.
My ping is too high
I have my own feedback (comment).
[Show Results]

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Water Treatment Feedback

If you haven't seen Water Treatment, it is a jump puzzle/parkour sprawl in Lobby. You can access it beyond the vault bank and down the stairs.

This type of content isn't new (Krampus), but still altered to something completely unique from anything else on the server. Water Treatment is not linear and has no definitive/final end, can be very difficult, its size should get you lost at first, and many intersecting pathways and hidden places.
With that being said, I want to hear some feedback on it, as there is a group who truly enjoys the puzzles and the challenge, and a group where they despise it and want to see it burn in hell.

If you have feedback that fits for the poll, please vote and comment your thoughts!
The reason I'm asking for feedback is if people want more of this content. Water Treatment was done pretty fast (mid nov - early/mid dec) and had a lot of time and ideas put into it. although I wanted to use original Krampus courses, It's hard to create interesting jump puzzles and not repeat yourself. If people want more of this content it would be extended and updated, possibly go on a separate server to have more space and less lag (not an !ejoin), and have varied levels of difficulty to it (and also have more checkpoints).

When voting, please do not factor:
Loot, as I'm looking for the experience players had.
Server Lag and Collision bugs, as that's something I can't really fix unless on a separate server.
Difficulty, skill in movement is the gate to sections of WT (unless you think difficulty spikes randomly)

Sewer Explorer Badge ideally wouldn't be handed out after XMAS, so these badges can stay unique.

This poll is not determining if there is going to be similar content, but what can be improved on.
Find

might just be because im used to KZ but having sprint is hella aids, would be nicer if we had only 1 speed level to use. personally hate having to hold down shift

(12-21-2020, 12:23 AM)Vhoxel Wrote:  might just be because im used to KZ but having sprint is hella aids, would be nicer if we had only 1 speed level to use. personally hate having to hold down shift

Yeah I agree with this, It's somewhat frustrating and discombobulating at times when we have to change from spring to walking, and whatnot. I'd prefer if there was a set, unchangeable speed of some sort. Or maybe something that auto triggers a change in speed once you cross a certain marker or something, like how you slow down and speed up when you walk through the colored rectangles on the water slide portion of Water Treatment.
Find

As with what Vhoxel said, I don't enjoy having to hold sprint but using +speed in console wasn't much of an issue.
Anyway, if another thing like Water Treatment gets introduced possibly make the pillars before Lava Wheel or something similar to it a bit earlier. Or include a checkpoint with that since a decent amount of players complained about that and primarily that for the bit before lava wheel. Other than that though, I enjoyed this a helluva lot. Good job again Parade.
Find

I seriously enjoy Water Treatment and I'm very excited for more content like it, 10/10 course
Find

Haven't fully completed it yet but so far it has been frustrating yet enjoyable and rewarding. It's nice that its separated and not linear so people can finish one portion of it then come back later and do the rest. Don't actually have many complaints so far. I know it has made some people very very frustrated, but I like how it's not something you can easily complete. It takes practice and it feels very nice to slowly master a part of it that you once thought would be impossible. It's a good thing Terran isn't here because he would absolutely hate this.

I guess one complaint is that it would be nice if there was a checkpoint in the main area after checkpoint 1. It got kind of tedious restarting from the very beginning when trying to do the pillar jump section. But I would like to see more stuff like this. Overall, great job on it so far from what I've seen.

Personally I had an easier time with sprinting in Water Treatment when I bound Sprint to one of my mouse buttons cus it's a pain in the ass to have to dedicate every finger on my left hand to strafing, jumping, crouching and sprinting all at the same time especially for prolonged periods.
Sprinting issues aside, I didn't personally have as much of a problem as others had with the low number of checkpoints...though the pillar jumps area before Lava Tube has this problem the most as well as the insanely tricky crouchjump leading to the Crushers.
I'd definitely add more to Water Treatment, even if it's just more options for replayability (i.e. speedrun timer or regenerating chests every three days or something) because once you've gotten every chest, why bother replaying unless you're leading other players through it?
Find

I enjoyed water treatment, It was a really fun experience. The only problems I had were that lobby was laggy, but that was not WT's fault, and that the parkour before lava tube didn't have a checkpoint mainly because of the distance from spawn, it was pretty annoying running back constantly, especially since the parkour itself was easy outside of a single jump being more clunky than anything (the tiny square jump to the wall). I agree with vhoxel on the sprint thing, but I ran through the whole thing with shift to sprint and it didn't bother me that much.
Find

Love the content and would back it as a permanent installment that acted as a form of weekly (with slightly toned down loot)

I may be in the minority, but I love extremely challenging and at times frustrating movement based gamemodes/maps like WT. It is EXTREMELY rewarding when you finally complete one of the areas that you may have been struggling on for a while.

I would love for it to be a permanent installation with possible minor loot incentives for repeated completions of all areas. I will say there isn't much worth in the punishment of WT if there isnt an incentive to reach. (:

Great job on the map and I would love to see more maps like it Parade!
Find