Hi there Guest,  
Sign in here: Login through Steam

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

New Event-Oriented Buff Items(Bagpipes and Electric Guitar w/ Amp)

I originally made this as a google doc, so I will paste the link here: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1Ew-YA7unv_ycBnTOQT7sVhker9MTMOVlWepQQn7iLAg/edit?usp=sharing

(This text mob below is the suggestion from the Docs file, nothing different between the two, the link is just for ease of access):

AOE/Crowd (Event Oriented) Buff Items: Bagpipes and Electric Guitar (w/ Amp)

I was thinking of an AOE buff item, possibly as bagpipes, or an electric guitar with a placeable amp or speaker. In the case of a bagpipe, you could toggle which "pipe" to focus the majority of your effort into playing, and each pipe would correlate with a different buff, whether it be reload speed, fire-rate, jump height, mobility, etc. You could also play up to 3 pipes simultaneously for a unique buff (just gotta figure out the combos like with Ocarina), although playing an individual pipe will trigger a single buff, and playing 2 can trigger 2 buffs, albeit far weaker than if 1 of those buffs were playing by itself. 1 and 2 pipes playing would trigger 1 and 2 buffs respectively, with the 3 pipe combo triggering unique or special buffs, or maybe even more than 1 :wink: . On the hand with an electric guitar and placeable amp, I was figuring that you can place the amp for AOE buffs in a radius around the amp, kinda like how warbanner's AOE is now, and a mix of Caliburns, albeit weaker than both since they'd be combined with how the amp functions. The amp would function as an aoe you would step in to get offensive buffs with a timer, such as reload speed, mobility, possibly even ads speed and swap speed, reload speed, maybe even have a synergy buff with other amps placed down (kinda like how Anubis ult ability worked). The way the guitar would function would extend to the amp itself. For the songs you play, their buffs would be cast inside of the amp's aoe. I also thought that it could have locked chords or buffed, that are unlocked corresponding with the more you discover and unlock. (There could be an "X songs discovered out of X amount of total songs" counter on the bottom of the item tab for it. For unlocking the songs themselves, it would just be like Ocarina, and figuring it out for yourself (This would be the same with bagpipes, as well as it also having X songs discovered counter too). The sounds that you discover would be "unlocked" for that specific giutar or bagpipe, and you could also "teach" another player with that item a song that they don't have discovered, but only song can be "taught" per guitar or bagpipe, meaning that if you had 7/13 songs discovered or unlocked, you would have to find the other 6 songs by going to 6 other people and being "taught" by them. This could be done in TTT or events, you both would just have to have the item equipped and have to double "E" to cast "Teach Song" ability for that specific person. Each guitar or bagpipe would have a irl cooldown (i.e. 4 hours irl), or a limit (like 7 songs can be taught to others with this item). Once all songs are taught, the instrument would begin to glow (this would be an unlocked cosmetic effect akin to exotic items glow) and you would also get a SLIGHT (very slight) increased synergy buff when you are casting buffs to your amp or to others if you are using a bagpipe if you are either within the aoe of another persons amp or bagpipe aoe.

SUMMARIZED VERSION (Or at least easier to read):

2 New AOE/Crowd buff items: Bagpipes and Electric Guitar with an amp.

BAGPIPES:

You can play 1 to 3 pipes simultaneously. You can toggle through 6 different pipes, each one individually playing a specific buff song that you will have to figure out yourself. You can play up to 2 pipes simultaneously, and get 2 different buffs, albeit weaker than if they were playing individually. You can play 3 random pipes in any order (it may vary based on order later on) to play a special or unique buff, or even a buff combo. These buffs would be cast in an aoe around the bagpipe player (maybe there will be a song to play in a large radius at the cost of buff duration or strength)

ELECTRIC GUITAR (WITH AMP):

The Electric Guitar has a placeable amp which will cast all buffs from songs you play on the guitar within its AOE. The amp can be moved about as you please, but there will be a short cooldown between placement changes. You can play certain cords to trigger buffs within the amplifier AOE.

AFFECTS OF BOTH ITEMS (Shared affects of either item):

Both items will have a "teach" option, where you can teach up to X amount of songs (around ¼ or ⅓ of all songs of either given item, and once you expend that limit, your instrument begins to glow, and gains a prefix called Mastered. This prefix would give a permanent buff where you gain SLIGHT synergy bonuses when you are casting buffs in another player's instrument AOE, and this would result in buff duration increases, or buff strength increases, though they will be very slight, like 5% of the current buff (not exact percent, just an estimate). Also, for how I said the buffs would work like Warbanner and Caliburn, the buffs that are on the more offensive side, such as reload speed, fire-rate limb dmg, (etc.), would be times buffs, such as how warbanner works. Defensive buffs on the other hand, such as reduced body or limb dmg taken, 1 hp regen per 5-10 seconds (just so wand and other healing items are not phased out) reduced damage taken from dots, reduced dot duration, regen 15% of weapon's default reserve ammo over 10 seconds (etc.), would be affecting you as long as you remain inside of the AOE. I may add more to this later on. But this is all I can think of currently. Shout me out if you guys have any suggestions for how it should be changed or whatnot. And I'll put them below all this mess.
Find

(12-22-2020, 05:31 PM)Grimm Wits Wrote:  I originally made this as a google doc, so I will paste the link here: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1Ew-YA7unv_ycBnTOQT7sVhker9MTMOVlWepQQn7iLAg/edit?usp=sharing

(This text mob below is the suggestion from the Docs file, nothing different between the two, the link is just for ease of access):

AOE/Crowd (Event Oriented) Buff Items: Bagpipes and Electric Guitar (w/ Amp)

I was thinking of an AOE buff item,  possibly as bagpipes, or an electric  guitar with a placeable amp or speaker. In the case of a bagpipe, you could toggle which "pipe" to focus the majority of your effort into playing, and each pipe would correlate with a different buff, whether it be reload speed, fire-rate, jump height, mobility, etc.  You could also play up to 3 pipes simultaneously for a unique buff (just gotta figure out the combos like with Ocarina), although playing an individual pipe will trigger a single buff, and playing 2 can trigger 2 buffs, albeit far weaker than if 1 of those buffs were playing by itself. 1 and 2 pipes playing would trigger 1 and 2  buffs respectively, with the 3 pipe combo triggering unique or special buffs, or maybe even more than 1 :wink: . On the hand with an electric guitar and placeable amp, I was figuring that you can place the amp for AOE buffs in a radius around the amp, kinda like how warbanner's AOE is now, and a mix of Caliburns, albeit weaker than both since they'd be combined with how the amp functions. The amp would function as an aoe you would step in to get offensive buffs with a timer, such as reload speed, mobility, possibly even ads speed and swap speed, reload speed, maybe even have a synergy buff with other amps placed down (kinda like how Anubis ult ability worked). The way the guitar would function would extend to the amp itself. For the songs you play, their buffs would be cast inside of the amp's aoe. I also thought that it could have locked chords or buffed, that are unlocked corresponding with the more you discover and unlock. (There could be an "X songs discovered out of X amount of total songs" counter on the bottom of the item tab for it. For unlocking the songs themselves, it would just be like Ocarina, and figuring it out for yourself (This would be the same with bagpipes, as well as it also having X songs discovered counter too). The sounds that you discover would be "unlocked" for that specific giutar or bagpipe, and you could also "teach" another player with that item a song that they don't have discovered, but only song can be "taught" per guitar or bagpipe, meaning that if you had 7/13 songs discovered or unlocked, you would have to find the other 6 songs by going to 6 other people and being "taught" by them. This could be done in TTT or events, you both would just have to have the item equipped and have to double "E" to cast "Teach Song" ability for that specific person. Each guitar or bagpipe would have a irl cooldown (i.e. 4 hours irl), or a limit (like 7 songs can be taught to others with this item). Once all songs are taught, the instrument would begin to glow (this would be an unlocked cosmetic effect akin to exotic items glow) and you would also get a SLIGHT (very slight) increased synergy buff when you are casting buffs to your amp or to others if you are using a bagpipe if you are either within the aoe of another persons amp or bagpipe aoe.

SUMMARIZED VERSION (Or at least easier to read):

2 New AOE/Crowd buff items: Bagpipes and Electric Guitar with an amp.

BAGPIPES:

You can play 1 to 3 pipes simultaneously. You can toggle through 6 different pipes, each one individually playing a specific buff song that you will have to figure out yourself. You can play up to 2 pipes simultaneously, and get 2 different buffs, albeit weaker than if they were playing individually. You can play 3 random pipes in any order (it may vary based on order later on) to play a special or unique buff, or even a buff combo. These buffs would be cast in an aoe around the bagpipe player (maybe there will be a song to play in a large radius at the cost of buff duration or strength)

ELECTRIC GUITAR (WITH AMP):

The Electric Guitar has a placeable amp which will cast all buffs from songs you play on the guitar within its AOE. The amp can be moved about as you please, but there will be a short cooldown between placement changes. You can play certain cords to trigger buffs within the amplifier AOE.

AFFECTS OF BOTH ITEMS (Shared affects of either item):

Both items will have a "teach" option, where you can teach up to X amount of songs (around ¼ or ⅓ of all songs of either given item, and once you expend that limit, your instrument begins to glow, and gains a prefix called Mastered. This prefix would give a permanent buff where you gain SLIGHT synergy bonuses when you are casting buffs in another player's instrument AOE, and this would result in buff duration increases, or buff strength increases, though they will be very slight, like 5% of the current buff (not exact percent, just an estimate). Also, for how I said the buffs would work like Warbanner and Caliburn, the buffs that are on the more offensive side, such as reload speed, fire-rate limb dmg, (etc.), would be times buffs, such as how warbanner works. Defensive buffs on the other hand, such as reduced body or limb dmg taken, 1 hp regen per 5-10 seconds (just so wand and other healing items are not phased out) reduced damage taken from dots, reduced dot duration, regen 15% of weapon's default reserve ammo over 10 seconds (etc.), would be affecting you as long as you remain inside of the AOE. I may add more to this later on. But this is all I can think of currently. Shout me out if you guys have any suggestions for how it should be changed or whatnot. And I'll put them below all this mess.

Thinking back on it, I think it would be better if you got the "mastered" prefix buff if you were to discover all songs and just remove the "teach" function entirely.
Find

With an ocarina replacement around the corner, 3 "music" equipments sounds like a lot and kind of unnecessary.
Find

Yeah, I get that, and I wasn't really thinking of it to be added now, let alone if it'd ever get added. It was just something I thought would be useful if they existed within FRG within events like Oxy and the such, where you can only really get a buff that affects multiple people from sag or banner, or caliburn, and even Anubis, if you can consider it only affects those who are wielding the gun itself get the "buff".
Find

didnt read much besides i wanted to give my personal opinion on how to get the guitar, you would need a shredder cata and combine it with other items to craft
"Closest thing I have had to alcohol is chocolate milk... Don't quote me on that!"
"Please somebody use this as a signature to remember this day."-Catbug
Find

That seems kinda neat, I wasn't really thinking about how you would obtain the items specifically, but more so how they'd work
Find