Hi there Guest,  
Sign in here: Login through Steam

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Marketplace Sorting

(07-08-2015, 03:55 PM)NotChosen Wrote:  
(06-26-2015, 03:46 AM)Psychotic Dave Wrote:  
(06-26-2015, 03:26 AM)NotChosen Wrote:  There is this thing called a search bar that allows you to search for items (Such as shotguns). I guess the only real good part I read in there was pricing, that should be added because then I could finally stop seeing Excel's abuse of the marketplace as his second inventory or people thinking that a lightweight is worth 700 coins.

Also does it really matter who the seller is when buying a gun? YOU SEE THEIR NAME ON THE LEFT HAND SIDE ALREADY.

What if I only want to see McNuggie's stuff?

It shouldnt matter who you're buying from.

What if McNuggie has a lot of shit I know I'll want? It's just another option.
Find

(07-08-2015, 03:55 PM)NotChosen Wrote:  
(06-26-2015, 03:46 AM)Psychotic Dave Wrote:  
(06-26-2015, 03:26 AM)NotChosen Wrote:  There is this thing called a search bar that allows you to search for items (Such as shotguns). I guess the only real good part I read in there was pricing, that should be added because then I could finally stop seeing Excel's abuse of the marketplace as his second inventory or people thinking that a lightweight is worth 700 coins.

Also does it really matter who the seller is when buying a gun? YOU SEE THEIR NAME ON THE LEFT HAND SIDE ALREADY.

What if I only want to see McNuggie's stuff?

It shouldnt matter who you're buying from.

i could see this as useful if you know someone is seeing something but its a bunch of pages back. you could just do there name.

You can search for most of this as chosen has said. Price is the only thing you can't.

Type "Shotgun" in the searchbar to only show shotguns. Etc.. Not needed to make specific filters for weapon types.

You can also search for traits/suffixes. All you need to do is type in a keyword related to the trait/suffix(can be the name, or anything found in the description of the trait)(to dread)

The rest may come later, but I currently do not see a major need for this. Some of it simply isn't near as simple as you think(sort by rarity, seller, or type) without some major reconstruction of the data structures. (it's all done in mysql, which you can only sort results by entries in table columns. The items are stored in one column in a compressed data structure format, a lot of unneeded data is removed from them to save space)

Sellers are stored by STEAM_ID's. Type and price would be easiest to do, price being easy as there's a column in the listing structure for it. BUT it wouldn't work on auctions as they have a separate table containing the bid information.

I would like a way to find guns with a certain positive attribute to charge my crystals with, right now its too difficult and I can't be assed. ;-;
Find