Hi there Guest,  
Sign in here: Login through Steam

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

A different kind of help. (Young people, check this out)

damnit shawn you let yourself get dragged into this

- That Thrakos Noob
Find

So I just started college, and I think I've gotten a hold on everything (unlike OP and his thread Big Grin) I have basically a guaranteed job at a local school corporation and have my tuition COMPLETELY taken care of through my relative's VA benefits. Only gotta worry about books. Those terrible. Books.
Find

(08-31-2015, 02:36 AM)anangrybeaver Wrote:  So I just started college, and I think I've gotten a hold on everything (unlike OP and his thread Big Grin) I have basically a guaranteed job at a local school corporation and have my tuition COMPLETELY taken care of through my relative's VA benefits. Only gotta worry about books. Those terrible. Books.

Finally, something I can help with.

If you have the available funds, I would highly recommend buying your books instead of renting them. When you buy books, you're able to resell them. When you rent them, you're out of the money altogether.

Let's say you buy a book for $100 but could rent it for $70.
When you buy: End of semester comes around and you resell it for $80 or something
When you rent: end of semester comes around and you give it back for $0.

In the end, buying books could end up costing you a lot less money. In the above scenario, you've effectively "rented" the book for $20.
Find

(08-31-2015, 03:59 AM)Shawnxstl Wrote:  
(08-31-2015, 02:36 AM)anangrybeaver Wrote:  So I just started college, and I think I've gotten a hold on everything (unlike OP and his thread Big Grin) I have basically a guaranteed job at a local school corporation and have my tuition COMPLETELY taken care of through my relative's VA benefits. Only gotta worry about books. Those terrible. Books.

If you have the available funds, I would highly recommend buying your books instead of renting them. When you buy books, you're able to resell them. When you rent them, you're out of the money altogether.

When you buy: End of semester comes around and you resell it for $80 or something

In the end, buying books could end up costing you a lot less money. In the above scenario, you've effectively "rented" the book for $20.

unless you spill your water on it
dont spill your water on it

- friendly advice by unpoke

- That Thrakos Noob
Find

(08-31-2015, 03:59 AM)Shawnxstl Wrote:  

Some of my books were even cheaper to rent on my android tablet instead of getting a hard copy. Lets say the hard copy to buy used is 110, and the new one is 200. The digital version comes around to be 50 to 60 bucks.
Find

If its digital...Pirate it!
Find

Terran keeps coming to this thread because he loves studying tips.

Because he's gay

(08-30-2015, 02:31 AM)wookie Wrote:  
(08-30-2015, 02:16 AM)Unpoke Wrote:  helo yes sometimes when i wake up my wienie is rly rly hard and is pointing up can any1 help me is this normal or shud i c a docter

touch it lots until milk comes out

and then drink it
great source of CalCium
Find