Hi there Guest,  
Sign in here: Login through Steam

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Voslom in game economy?

So, I've been thinking about Voslom, and how I can improve the game over-all(aside from adding more features, fixing bugs, etc, more long-term).

I was thinking about how Economies are a fairly important aspect in some MMO's(they were to me, that's for sure), how they keep their player base coming back for more, and all around make getting rare loot more satisfying.
It gives more of a reason to go through raids, boss fights, etc. Especially if you already have items from them.(The reason is to get rare loot to sell to other players, of course!)

Now, let's talk ways this may be accomplished in Voslom.

First, I can add Player to Player trading; Where you can trade coins, and items, basically a typical trading system. I suspect the "Transmute" values would act as a 'lowball' price for some of the items. This could accomplish the goal, however, it could also completely ruin the experience for players.. if higher level veterans just run around and give their spare items to newbies, the experience of working your way up is lost, and that good feeling of getting your first drop probably goes with it.

One way to attempt to counter that would be to add a Level requirement to gear, so even if a level 1 gets a free item, they may not be able to even use it right away(have to work their way to it).

Second, I could add a market system, which removes the trading interaction between the players all together. You wont see who listed an item. This would make actually giving people items pretty risky, as ANYONE can view the market and purchase items from it.
This could definitely work, and could add that feeling I'm looking for, That is the: "Holy shit I'm rich" feeling you get when you get that rare, epic drop. The feeling is good when you do get a drop right now in Voslom, but an economy could possibly keep players coming back for more, and add a whole new aspect to the game community.

The economy would definitely start off slow as players start collecting coins, and prices would be all over the place at first. But with enough people obtaining gold, general price ranges will be established, and things should start to level out. It could also very well be that an economy like this is simply not for Voslom.

Now, feel free to discuss with me/each other on here about the matter. Or post ideas, opinions, etc. Anything related.
Find

+1 Although I don't have this game and don't know what it is about I think this is a good idea especially the level requirements because then noons don't yet op stuff at level 1
Bouncy Rounds
Find

Question: if trading was added to VOSLOM, would you be allowed to trade items on FRG for items on VOSLOM?
Find

(12-17-2015, 01:47 PM)tobiasx Wrote:  Question: if trading was added to VOSLOM, would you be allowed to trade items on FRG for items on VOSLOM?

When I talked to Terran about third party trading it looked like it wasn't forbidden but it isn't recommended and anything that happens (for example you getting scammed) would be your fault. That's what I got from it anyways and I would assume for it to work the same way.
Genesis Does What NintenDon't

I'm sarcastic a lot, take what I say with a grain of salt.
Find

(12-17-2015, 01:53 PM)SpookySpy Wrote:  
(12-17-2015, 01:47 PM)tobiasx Wrote:  Question: if trading was added to VOSLOM, would you be allowed to trade items on FRG for items on VOSLOM?

When I talked to Terran about third party trading it looked like it wasn't forbidden but it isn't recommended and anything that happens (for example you getting scammed) would be your fault. That's what I got from it anyways and I would assume for it to work the same way.

Pretty sure it's not allowed at all.

In a game like Voslom, I think it's pretty much needed for items to have a level requirement if you can trade or put stuff on a market, as much as i usually dislike level requirements.
The market is a good idea too although i think that could of been why items on FRG became super low in value. If people have to look around for people with a certain item, they are more likely to pay more, but not if they can easily find it on the market.
Find

what dread said

- That Thrakos Noob
Find

I wouldn't advice doing so, but I'll leave it at "DO SO AT YOUR OWN RISK".
Find

Well, what if you put a level requirement to trade and have the market system? To avoid that whole, Rich Player giving Newbies epic drops make it where if the rich player is a level 30 then the player they are trading must be with a +/- 10 level range? It'd be hard to work around seeing as we each only have 1 account and 1 character. Also will the coins be the permanent system as just gold coins because Terran already is the richest I think with like 10K of them.
Find

(12-17-2015, 02:58 PM)NotChosen Wrote:  Well, what if you put a level requirement to trade and have the market system? To avoid that whole, Rich Player giving Newbies epic drops make it where if the rich player is a level 30 then the player they are trading must be with a +/- 10 level range? It'd be hard to work around seeing as we each only have 1 account and 1 character. Also will the coins be the permanent system as just gold coins because Terran already is the richest I think with like 10K of them.

I think having the level range between trading players sounds like a really cool idea. I don't know much about how the system works so I'm not sure if a 10 lvl difference is too high or not but overall this sounds like a great way to implement the system and not have it abused. +1
Genesis Does What NintenDon't

I'm sarcastic a lot, take what I say with a grain of salt.
Find

you can improve it by letting me play.
Find