Hi there Guest,  
Sign in here: Login through Steam

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

The nuggie Tobias situation.

(04-01-2016, 12:55 AM)Daniel (no sound) Wrote:  I'm sorry Tobias, and everyone else who i've upset. My sarcastic personality causes me to say things  that while I don't feel that they would hurt anyone, they end up doing exactly that, and I am really sorry. I never wanted to hurt anyone.

Anyone who has been with me since I joined NTG knows that my only goal EVER has to be to help FRG. I realize I have made mistakes, but I disagree when Aresuft says that I think I am better than people, and I have extreme respect for most of the players below me. I've always been told that people on FRG want me here, and that I have done better than a lot of the other staff, and I guess that is just a false perception and the truth is that I am apparently not worthy of admin.

I honestly want / wanted nothing more than to help FRG and Brass to my best extent, and I did that for two whole years. The fact that I am being laid off like this after all this time and all the work that I believe I've put into the server is honestly crushing me right now, and I am seriously sorry.

Don't expect to see me anymore.

Quote:My sarcastic personality causes me to say things  that while I don't feel that they would hurt anyone, they end up doing exactly that, and I am really sorry.

I'm not sure how going into a TS channel with just tobias and saying "steamsalty" then leaving is any form of sarcasm, especially when you know you aren't on good terms with him.

Quote:I've always been told that people on FRG want me here, and that I have done better than a lot of the other staff, and I guess that is just a false perception and the truth is that I am apparently not worthy of admin.

It isn't false. You were demoted because you were acting childish as fuck. Tobias was too don't think this is all on you. However, tobias isn't staff. You were demoted only 1 rank lower to moderator. This shows extreme trust in you that you won't rage and abuse your mod powers for being demoted. The demote can easily be fixed. Whether or not you want to fix it is up to you.

(04-01-2016, 01:06 AM)Daniel (no sound) Wrote:  
(04-01-2016, 01:03 AM)Unpoke Wrote:  
(04-01-2016, 12:55 AM)Daniel (no sound) Wrote:  Don't expect to see me anymore.

thats not the right conclusion man

i think it's been made clear that it's best for the server.

What jake said. and whats been made clear is that they dont want you to attack tobias and act better than everyone. we're playing garry's mod not league of legends here.
Find

(04-01-2016, 12:21 AM)Unpoke Wrote:  I think a huge course of action that needs to be taken is all political, religious, or controversial topics should not be allowed for discussion on the shoutbox, or at least you're not allowed to judge someone critically for their belief.

Or just have a filter.
Find

(04-01-2016, 01:23 AM)EmperorWhale Wrote:  
(04-01-2016, 12:21 AM)Unpoke Wrote:  I think a huge course of action that needs to be taken is all political, religious, or controversial topics should not be allowed for discussion on the shoutbox, or at least you're not allowed to judge someone critically for their belief.

Or just have a filter.

that'd be too tough to update and keep up with imo

- That Thrakos Noob
Find

(04-01-2016, 01:24 AM)Unpoke Wrote:  
(04-01-2016, 01:23 AM)EmperorWhale Wrote:  

Or just have a filter.

that'd be too tough to update and keep up with imo
I mean your own head, and since we're on the internet, fingers instead of mouth. Use your brain and decide what should and shouldn't be said. What crosses the line and what doesn't.
Find

if only, whale, if only.

- That Thrakos Noob
Find

Just ban all political posts at all. This is a gaming forum. Nobody cares who you're voting for.

EDIT: I hate censorship btw but talking about politics on here is pretty cancer.
Find

Hey guys, this thread isn't about politics or whether or not it should be allowed. Can we stay on topic and comment on whether or not we think Nuggie's punishment was too harsh or not please?
Find

Like I said, I think a suspension over a period of time, maybe a month, would be a fair punishment.
He has been an admin on the server for a while and a VERY good one, and clearly loves the server. He told me how much this hurt him, so his love for the server is genuine.

I'm pretty sure this is his first offense of this kind too. Just my opinion.

- That Thrakos Noob
Find

I really don't even know. This whole thing shouldn't of happened, since it started over something so small. I honestly think Tobi was overreacting, but Nuggie was being immature about the situation. He shouldn't of been trying to get on Tobi's nerves. I don't think Nuggie should be demoted FOREVER, as for he was a great Admin (imo). Maybe, like Unpoke said, he should just get a suspension for a little bit.

Everything else that I wanted to say has already been said by others.