Hi there Guest,  
Sign in here: Login through Steam

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Djinn crate rebalance

Alrighty, well that's solved then. I just felt bad for Revs, getting sticked like that. Still, he got a godlike or two out of it in the end, so I hope that its all good.
Find

(06-27-2016, 07:51 AM)Brassx Wrote:  Even the EXP one was made better haha (because it also gives you coins now). But yeah, it's pretty much clickbait.

Exp is the best dude. Now chill before you make me cry.
SG Fucking Overlord
Find

(I'd just like to mention to keep in mind other godlikes you could have gotten that are possibly as rare or a little more rare than the Djinn crate are only worth 10k or so, such as the railgun, so the drops should be scaled and compared to that, not the 60k you dropped.)

- That Thrakos Noob

EXP wouldn't be so bad if it leveled you up say like 15 times, Thad give you 3 gif packages...
Umpty Dumpty

(06-27-2016, 07:44 AM)Brassx Wrote:  Not every reward is supposed to be equally as good. Hence the reason why random choices are shown.

The sealed djinn at its essence is basically a crate(or gift-package type thing), with a different style(and significantly better base loot that normal crates). You don't complain when someone opens the same crate as you and gets an item worth less do ya?
The crates are not tradeable, to help preserve the crates people collected over the seasons.

Anyways, I have rebalanced the amount the wealth wish gives. Lowered it quite a bit actually. That should help balance the choices out. I also removed Vanity crates from Discarded Loot.

It now gives you 3 of each seasonal crate 100% of the time, still untradeable though this may be subject to change, but probably will remain this way to again help preserve those who were there collecting the crates and keeping 'em. (If anything maybe 1-2 of the crates will be tradeable)

It also gives a mid ranged random amount of coins based on level, and has a somewhat slim chance to give a primordial+ weapon from any crate.

I will no longer do any re-rolls for people who have used the items they obtained from opening it when changes are made to the djinn.

It's not about having ones that you can trade it's about being one of the only people with them still left. Now people will continuously drop them and they aren't special anymore because they can still be obtained. Not to mention all of the people that got the special items from them that were only supposed to drop for that season now also won't have an item that can't be dropped anymore. It decreases the price of all of those items and makes them less special to have just like still having the crates. I truly thought we both were on the same page and agreed that seasonal crates would never be recycled and the reason they are so special and unique is because they can only be obtained for that limited time and you had to play the server during that time to get them. Kind of like on Runescape how you still have a scythe from like 08 Halloween. The scythe wouldn't be cool if people could still obtain it.

Idk I'm just truly upset to see those crates reused. Makes me super sad. ='(
Find

(06-27-2016, 12:53 PM)Unpoke Wrote:  (I'd just like to mention to keep in mind other godlikes you could have gotten that are possibly as rare or a little more rare than the Djinn crate are only worth 10k or so, such as the railgun, so the drops should be scaled and compared to that, not the 60k you dropped.)

Price changes all the time, they aren't set in stone. There's no accurate way to scale it to their prices.

Jesus christ jake, you're blowing* this way out of proportion.

You're acting like they are getting all the special godlikes from them, or that they can trade the cases for a shit ton of coins...

That's NOT the case...

You can still trade your special collected cases, while revs can not.

You can still get the candy cane deagle from the chest in the lobby, but I don't see you complaining about how it is a rare event item, and that it's still obtainable.

and yes, i know I'm a hypocrite, but there was a different reason behind my previous complaint.

also, 6 have dropped. nield has had 2 crates, since he bought one off of excel.

I would like to say that my Djinn idea was on the forums for MONTHS with a ton of support before Brass fully added it near-verbatim what I suggested. Just my thoughts, also Ultimate Power is OP don't dis my EXP!

(06-27-2016, 05:20 PM)tobiasxz Wrote:  Jesus christ jake, you're driving this way out of proportion.

You're acting like they are getting all the special godlikes from them, or that they can trade the cases for a shit ton of coins...

That's NOT the case...

You can still trade your special collected cases, while revs can not.

You can still get the candy cane deagle from the chest in the lobby, but I don't see you complaining about how it is a rare event item, and that it's still obtainable.

and yes, i know I'm a hypocrite, but there was a different reason behind my previous complaint.

also, 6 have dropped. nield has had 2 crates, since he bought one off of excel.

How am I "driving" this way out of proportion? I'm saying I am sad about it and wish it would be changed. I'm not saying "omg brass you are fucking terrible and you ruined the server. I am departing if this doesn't change." No, I am simply saying I feel it is a bad idea but I would get over it if Brass doesn't want to change it.

Did you even bother reading my comment? I said I understood they weren't tradeable but that's not the important part. Taking an item that was unobtainable in any way and adding a new way for it to be obtained still reduces the price even if it is nontradable. Some people would be like "man I really want that but I don't want to pay that much for it. I'll just wait and maybe I'll get lucky and drop it." When before they would have HAD to pay for it if they really wanted it. As more and more time passes people are going to get more and more of the special godlikes from them. Think long term tobias.

The candy cane deagle was originally a holiday item but nobody dropped it so that's a little different. Brass wanted people to get it because he spent a lot of time on it.
Find

(06-27-2016, 09:29 PM)Jake1o Wrote:  Did you even bother reading my comment? I said I understood they weren't tradeable but that's not the important part. Taking an item that was unobtainable in any way and adding a new way for it to be obtained still reduces the price even if it is nontradable. Some people would be like "man I really want that but I don't want to pay that much for it. I'll just wait and maybe I'll get lucky and drop it." When before they would have HAD to pay for it if they really wanted it. As more and more time passes people are going to get more and more of the special godlikes from them. Think long term tobias.

The candy cane deagle was originally a holiday item but nobody dropped it so that's a little different. Brass wanted people to get it because he spent a lot of time on it.

Just saying , but even if they were tradeable this doesn't even drive the price down. A Red Christmas Present was worth 800-1K after the Easter Event. I'm assuming it is now, Every other present and egg is about 600-800 ish. Nobody has driven the price down and I highly doubt they will since they only come from a GODLIKE. Brass already adjusted the drop chance of the Djinn and I highly doubt people will pick crates over coins (and don't say "For a chance of a godlike they would" because that is a the biggest hole in an argument since most people would rather take coins than a godlike anymore so they can buy what they want). Also, if those are seasonal crates then they are probably going to recycle each season in some shape or way right? Just my thought on that since you don't really know how the market on here works.

(06-27-2016, 03:30 PM)Jake1o Wrote:  It decreases the price of all of those items and makes them less special to have just like still having the crates. I truly thought we both were on the same page and agreed that seasonal crates would never be recycled and the reason they are so special and unique is because they can only be obtained for that limited time and you had to play the server during that time to get them.

Just saying as well , but those "Super special and unique guns" are worth like 100 coins since there were so many dropped that sure in like 3-4 years they'll be worth something , but not right now. With all the new guns being added those old ones can't really compete with them as well.
My 2 Cents, Don't worry. I'll wait to see that response too.
Find